PDA

View Full Version : RAF Crew prank at gunpoint

gipsymagpie
2nd Nov 2021, 09:52
All ideas for pranks when you have had a drink turn out spectacularly bad.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/16603833/raf-pilot-hostage-gunpoint-prank/

"A JUNIOR RAF pilot was taken hostage at gunpoint in a mock kidnap staged by masked senior colleagues for a prank.The helicopter pilot suffered stress and went sick after his “abduction”, prompting an investigation."

12 twists per inch
2nd Nov 2021, 10:43
I'm sure it will be put down to 'High Jinks' as usual

charliegolf
2nd Nov 2021, 10:52

Apocryphal exchange, post Belgrano...

"Sir, on submarines, is it only officers who fire the torpedos?"
"Yes Bloggs, only officers."
"Ah, just high jinks then, was it eh?":E

CG

Ninthace
2nd Nov 2021, 11:11

"Sir, on submarines, is it only officers who fire the torpedos?"
"Yes Bloggs, only officers."
"Ah, just high jinks then, was it eh?":E

CG
Torpedoes aren't fired, they are shot. :ok:

Old-Duffer
2nd Nov 2021, 12:46
There was a more serious 'prank' at Chivenor some years ago when a trainee was badly injured (I think burned by lighter fuel).

I worry about the pilot in this current episode - how will he cope with a 'resistance to interrogation' episode? In the bad old days he would have had cold water thrown over his 'naughty bits' and a girl would have been laughing at the size of said bits. As he was blindfolded he would always worry about who the girl was, should he meet her in real life.
Old Duffer

ORAC
2nd Nov 2021, 13:15
Not apochryphal, actual, as related by myself on this site.

It was the crew room at RAF Staxton Wold, the day after the story broke. The airman was SAC Bryn W*******.

“Sir, sir, the Begrano. Him what pulled the trigger, would he have been an officer then?”

”Yes, Bryn”.

”Ah, that’s all right then - youthful high spirits”……

charliegolf
2nd Nov 2021, 14:10
ORAC, noted. I didn't want to claim it as real, even though I knew it had been reported as such. Turns out it was you. I recalled him having a good old Welsh name too.

I wonder what became of Bryn!

CG

Ninthace
2nd Nov 2021, 14:30
ORAC, noted. I didn't want to claim it as real, even though I knew it had been reported as such. Turns out it was you. I recalled him having a good old Welsh name too.

I wonder what became of Bryn!

CG
If the "trigger" was in the fore-ends, chances are him that pulled the trigger would have been a SNCO. Him that gave the order to sink the ship was a her. So that puts the horfficer more in the role of messenger boy. Some message though.

Mil-26Man
2nd Nov 2021, 15:12
It wasn't that long ago that the police were investigating the possible attempted abduction of an RAF serviceman by potential jihadists at Marham. Maybe this has something to do with the stress this junior pilot is now suffering as a result of these 'high jinks'.

charliegolf
2nd Nov 2021, 15:24
It wasn't that long ago that the police were investigating the possible attempted abduction of an RAF serviceman by potential jihadists at Marham. Maybe this has something to do with the stress this junior pilot is now suffering as a result of these 'high jinks'.

Jihadists or pranksters, they are very lucky the junior pilot wasn't Scott Weir! It would be more GBH than PTSD.

CG

ShyTorque
2nd Nov 2021, 15:43
I’d have shot the t**ts with the Verey pistol.

oxenos
2nd Nov 2021, 15:48
him that pulled the trigger would have been a SNCO.

Senior rate, shurley.

charliegolf
2nd Nov 2021, 15:54

The completely useless fire axe would burn far more calories.:E

CG

West Coast
2nd Nov 2021, 17:18

CG

And it’s more personal as well.

ShyTorque
2nd Nov 2021, 18:50

CG

Oi, what are you insinuating? :}

NutLoose
2nd Nov 2021, 19:01

Wot colour?

charliegolf
2nd Nov 2021, 20:09
Oi, what are you insinuating? :}

From the retirement experience locker, if you are not careful, them cars you build better have a windey-out seat belt!:ok:

CG

oxenos
2nd Nov 2021, 20:12
Wot colour?

Colours of the day, of course.

minigundiplomat
2nd Nov 2021, 22:25
Why would anyone steal a Puma?

Pugilistic Animus
3rd Nov 2021, 03:02
Torpedoes aren't fired, they are shot. :ok:
like the " nouns of assembly of fireworks....
Rockets, in flights, Mines and shells, in salvoes and gunfire in batteries

OMAAbound
3rd Nov 2021, 09:33
Sounds like the 2 "Seniors" went to calm there nerves after that landing by the Junior and the enacted their revenge!

OMAA

ShyTorque
3rd Nov 2021, 22:25
Wot colour?

Sorry, I have no idea what colour the t**ts were. Being SH crew, they probably wore a whole variety of uniform.

;)

Ninthace
3rd Nov 2021, 22:48
Senior rate, shurley.
Absholutely, I translated from jackspeak for the hard of understanding

Jetset 88
5th Nov 2021, 13:58
Anyone remember the RCAF Mess at Gander, in the days of The Albatross Hotel and The Flyers Club.?
To gain entry into the Mess for the first time, one was 'screeched-in'.
Screech was Newfoundland rum which was was lit in the glass and then had to be downed in one.
A former nav's name springs to mind who did that but in true Yes Minister fashion, 'I couldn't possible say who.'

Out Of Trim
5th Nov 2021, 15:05
So junior pilot Bloggs couldn’t recognise his Senior colleagues; even if wearing balaclavas, and was so upset he had to report sick! It doesn’t sound very scary to me. Perhaps, said junior pilot is in the wrong job!

Anyway, just high spirits as usual for the Hofficers eh! If it had been an Airman, probably CM followed by Colchester…😬

GlobalNav
5th Nov 2021, 18:17
Commanders ARE fired. of course, they can also be shot.

Finningley Boy
6th Nov 2021, 18:09

30 or more years ago it might've and the chap in question likely wouldn't have thrown a wobbly either.

FB

charliegolf
6th Nov 2021, 19:30
Why would anyone steal a Puma?

Naked envy?:E

CG