PDA

View Full Version : Help - Cadet Program

31st Oct 2021, 20:59
Hello everyone! I'm (30M) looking for your views on what kind of training should I choose. I am starting an EASA Integrated ATPL Program next month which offers two distinct courses: a standard program with 160 real flight hours and a cadet program with up to 510 flight hours, of which 115 hours as PIC. The main difference is that the latter has Line Training as First Officer for 6 months and costs more € 30k. The Line Training consists of regional flights operated by a single crew multi-engine aircraft for which I am getting a Type Rating as part of the program. Also, during the Line Training I will be receiving a salary paid by the regional carrier.

Is the cadet program worth the added cost?

Will it make any difference when applying for jobs?

As I understand, flying a single crew multi-engine aircraft as a First Officer means that I will be logging those hours as Dual. Is this correct? If so, is this relevant when applying for jobs or would I be better off renting a C172 and building hours as PIC with the extra cost of the cadet program?

Thank you in advance!

Climb150
31st Oct 2021, 21:51
Unless there is a legal reason for you to be in the RHS, you can’t log the time.

So unless the AOC holder has an piece of paper from the CAA of whatever country they are in saying that the single pilot aircraft is being operated multi crew, you can’t log the time. I highly doubt that dual could be logged either.

If there is one thing COVID has proved, it’s that’s integrated ATPL flight training is a waste of money.