PDA

View Full Version : Staffcv Psychometric Test

BSmiley
23rd Aug 2002, 00:48
G'Day prunes,

I have just completed the pyschometric test on the staffcv websited.

Has anyone else and if so, what are your thoughts.

If you have not yet, it may be an idea to write the questions down, as I am not sure if the test can be accessed again after completion.

If you don't fit "the profile", do you abolish any chance of employement with the registered Airlines???

Bush Tucker guy
24th Aug 2002, 04:56
This is the first i have heard of the psyc test on the staff cv site. Do you have the exact address of the site (the psyc test page), i have just had a quick look for it but could not find it. Thanks for your help

Z Force
25th Aug 2002, 02:18
Personally I would not do it as it may give a potential employer the wrong info on your self. Who put it together (are they qualified) and why?

Capt EFIS
25th Aug 2002, 07:58
I would have to agree. Why should we do a test that can potentially limit how far your application gets just because you might of done it incorrectly.

It's about time they started to put the human element back into the equation and stopped treating us like we're a file in a large database.

Sharfted Groundhog
26th Aug 2002, 02:17
I registered with the site a few weeks ago, but does anyone know if completing the pyscho testing page constitutes an update and therefore a charge?!

If so, I think it's pretty rank that they never told us that when we sent off our money via the web to join.:( I would of thought that everything like that would of been explained.

Another way to rip off pilots.....:mad:

The Ox
25th Oct 2002, 01:38
Thought I'd rehash this one, anyone know if this test makes any difference to your applications??

Skypark
25th Oct 2002, 02:29
Just a quick question, does anyone have any success stories using this Staffcv website? Is there much feedback from the companies signed up with Staffcv in terms of letting you know how your application is progressing? Do you get a chance to send in resume's etc via snail mail or is it all done online?

Regards,
SP

EDIT: Apologies, that turned into a long couple of questions. :D Any info would be greatly appreciated for those of us about to delve into the world of Staffcv. Thanks again!

oldhasbeen
25th Oct 2002, 09:48
Been on Staffcv. for a year now and the only airline that reviewed was VB. Not sure whether it's because times are tough or not.
Good Luck!!:)

Skypark
27th Oct 2002, 01:57
oldhasbeen, interesting information, stick at it mate!

What would be the advice from fellow pruners to young up-starts? Say you have blokes that have just finished school, have done their 12 month bells and whistles course and have been lucky enough to land that first job. They are rapidly gaining single enginer VFR hours but most of the jobs out there require twin engine, turbine, night, IFR type stuff! How do you climb the ladder that is aviation?

What sort of hours do guys have who are getting into companies like Horizon Airlines, O'Connor, Eastern, Rex, Skippers etc etc. It would just be interesting to hear HOW people have moved through aviation, whether it be instructing/charter whatever, and how long it's taken them.

Thanks guys for anything, come on let's help the young up-starts!
SP.