PDA

View Full Version : How long to get landside when arriving at STN?

Alsacienne
26th Oct 2021, 14:48
I will be arriving at STN around 13H30 on a weekday, with hold baggage to collect. I know this may be a 'piece of string' question but I'd like to ask forum members for their advice.

As I will need to take a Day 2 arrivals COVID test, I need to book a slot with the test provider. How long should I allow to get landside from the Ryanair wing, pass immigration and collect my baggage ... I'm thinking 1.5 hours or am I over-thinking this?

I have written to both on-airport providers and also asked them if I could be seen 'early' or 'late' if I miss my pre-booked slot. 5 working days have now elapsed and neither of them have replied to me.

davidjohnson6
26th Oct 2021, 20:42
If you are using Collinson for a Covid test at Stansted, I really wouldn't worry at all about missing your test appointment. As long as you've paid, and can show the booking reference and a passport that matches what they have on records, and they are still open (ie not midnight), then they will see you. Collinson's branch at St Pancras in central London were very flexible when I turned up a week later than booked (long story as to why this happened)

Alsacienne
26th Oct 2021, 21:13
Thanks so much for this David ... gives me a boost of optimism because this is my first visit to the UK by air since Brexit 'got done' and I'm not sure how well incoming immigration controls are coping ... especially after the horror stories at LHR! Again many thanks!

longer ron
27th Oct 2021, 06:17
You can have a good or bad day at any airport in any country LOL
I have been in horrendous queues at Heathrow (and many other international Airports around the world) long before 'Brexit'.
Hope it goes ok for you and that you have a successful visit.

Johnny F@rt Pants
27th Oct 2021, 19:46
As David Johnson said, I had a similar experience with Randox at MAN. Flight delayed inbound so turned up 2&1/2 hours after my appointment, but they don’t bother about that, providingbthey are open still they just pass you through the system.

Alsacienne
27th Oct 2021, 22:18
Great .... test booked after all sorts of hurdles ... didn't know they were allowed to ask ethnicity but hey ho, in these woke days, anything goes! Thanks to you all for your help, just the PLF to do, but with OMAAT's webguide to hand, once I've got all the docs together, it should be relatively straightforward.

wiggy
28th Oct 2021, 07:48
Can I ask the logic behind people choosing to do the on or before end of day 2 test immediately on arrival -logistics/convenience?

I must admit last couple of times I’ve been up to the UK on weekend visits (no queues at all LHR T5) I’ve waited until late day 2 to perform the test (old regime) on the basis that it meant I’d be out of Dodge again before the results came back……

Alsacienne
29th Oct 2021, 06:28
Wiggy, in my case it's a matter of convenience no longer having a residence of any sort in the UK ... and being on the road after arrival. It's also a longer visit than a quick pop over, so I need to get the test out of the way before racking up the mileage. But I love your plan and if my stay was short enough, I think I'd want to do the same!!!:ok:

wiggy
29th Oct 2021, 06:35
Ah now I understand….that makes sense especially under the current testing regime - enjoy the trip.