PDA

View Full Version : Rome - move from Ciampino to Fiumicino

davidjohnson6
22nd Oct 2021, 16:24
Following a challenge by Ryanair, it seems that a court in Lazio has suspended for 5 days ENAC's NOTAM that due to aircraft noise, that there can be no more than 65 flights (not sure if this is movements or round trips) per day at Ciampino airport, with everything else being moved to Fiumicino (aka Leonardo da Vinci)
Court ruling was issued earlier this week, with flights now due to move by either 24-Oct or 02-Nov. Presumably it's Ryanair and Wizzair who will be affected. The Wizz website seems to show flights switching by late November, but I can't see any mention of this on the Ryanair website. I certainly wouldn't trust Ryanair to be honest and open about this until the last possible minute or make any effort at doing anything other than blaming ENAC or the court

My Italian isn't brilliant, and not living in Rome I don't know the full details. Anyone able to give more info ?

Disclaimer - I'm due to fly in and out of Ciampino next month, so have an interest in this...

https://canaledieci.it/2021/10/22/effetto-ciampino-antirumore-traslocano-fiumicino-voli/
https://www.travelquotidiano.com/trasporti/il-tar-del-lazio-sospende-il-provvedimento-enac-sul-trasferimento-voli-da-ciampino-a-fiumicino/tqid-413249

DaveReidUK
22nd Oct 2021, 17:08
there can be no more than 65 flights (not sure if this is movements or round trips) per day at Ciampino airport

It's "movimenti giornalieri" (daily movements).

pabely
22nd Oct 2021, 19:04
"In reality, the "move" to the Fiumicino runways involves many more flights than the original 100 commercial airline operations. In fact, Ciampino's noise reduction plan establishes a maximum of 65 scheduled daily movements (including cargo flights which are not in any case subject to limitations); a maximum of 61 daily unscheduled general aviation movements;"
BizJets look OK then but Cargo will eat into that 65 figure. RYR not going to be happy in a big way, first Morocco this week now this.

EI-BUD
24th Oct 2021, 20:03
Ryanair's Dublin Rome route showing ops to FCO, but only on one date at the end of Oct. Not be surprising if this route moves to FCO from CIA permanently. However, somewhat like the split in Brussels, I could forsee Ryanair doing double daily DUB FCO but maintaining a daily supplementary service from CIA.