View Full Version : Norse Atlantic

snak
22nd Oct 2021, 13:45
Norse is now accepting online applications.

Any news/rumors on when they are likely to start the screenings? will they hire preferably former Norwegian guys?

BAreject
22nd Oct 2021, 15:11
You would like to think so - as should all other airlines that carried out fire and rehire schemes!

sangiovese.
22nd Oct 2021, 17:31
How are they intending to fulfill the requirements for a UK AOC? Not based here or financially headquartered? Oh and it’s not fire and rehire as that was obviously a completely different airline ….apparently.

annakm
22nd Oct 2021, 17:49
Closing date for applications is 31/10

787/777 preferable but not essential. I’ve given it a go although I’m 737 TR. As most of the management are ex Norwegian, I guess there might be an understandable bias toward ex crew.

snak
3rd Nov 2021, 08:56
Interesting, let's see what's gonna happen now...

srjumbo747
3rd Nov 2021, 11:56
I find it strange that people will give them another chance.
Norwegian in disguise.

Alrosa
3rd Nov 2021, 15:51
Well let the market/investors decide . In the meantime, those that are eligible, have an opportunity to gain employment in their chosen profession again; those that are not eligible, potentially face a little less competition for jobs.

annakm
3rd Nov 2021, 19:22
Wonder how long it will take Norse to say ja eller nei? I’m assuming they will have been flooded with applications such is the market.

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
5th Nov 2021, 11:59
I heard that the Norse startup will now be kicked into 2023. It certainly doesn’t look like anything is on sale for Q1/Q2 2022.

fulminn
5th Nov 2021, 21:43
With Bjorn Kjos behind, I won't expect anything decent

Jonnyknoxville
6th Nov 2021, 19:06
they’ve already had a few of their aircraft painted up in Shannon , I doubt they’ll sit on them for another year

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
6th Nov 2021, 20:10
I hope you are correct.

Does anyone think this latest low cost long haul start up will ever turn a profit? Any of the well established LoCo's could add a few wide bodies or even the A321LR to their AOC at minimal risk. There seems to be zero interest from any of them.

CW247
6th Nov 2021, 20:29
I think you're trying to piss on the parade of hundreds of people who are literally dependent on Norse starting up and becoming a success. Like most, I acknowledge its a well trodden and risky path but someone will pull it off one day.

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
7th Nov 2021, 17:33
I'm not trying to piss on anything. I've plenty of good mates looking for work. I heard it from a source last week. He is ex Norwegian and had been approached for a management role. I hope they pull it off too.

nicoli
8th Nov 2021, 11:40
Yes, it makes completely sense that sensitive informations regarding a launch date are shared to future employees and then on pprune …

SWBKCB
8th Nov 2021, 14:43
About as much sense as painting up aircraft and recruiting staff with no route announcements or ticket sales

snak
8th Nov 2021, 15:23
Can an airline start selling tickets without having an AOC yet?

back to Boeing
8th Nov 2021, 18:58
Plenty of “Virtual” airlines have done exactly that.

snak
8th Nov 2021, 22:34
sure, but selling tickets for flights operated by different AOC holders...

felixthecat
11th Nov 2021, 08:43
Any news? Sounds very quiet…… I guess a million applications to decide on.

snak
11th Nov 2021, 16:58
2800 applicants for 300 seats.

annakm
12th Nov 2021, 17:25
Blimey! Where did you hear that from?
Guess I was pretty optimistic applying with just a 737 TR. :{

snak
12th Nov 2021, 19:25
this figure comes from Norse, did you receive any email?

annakm
12th Nov 2021, 19:34
No. nothing.
Assuming you did, that sounds positive and hopefully good news for you. Fingers crossed. :ok:

snak
12th Nov 2021, 20:08
Was a general update, anyway fingers crossed and good luck everyone...

Akrep
13th Nov 2021, 08:07
Just a couple weeks ago there was an article in Bloomberg about the big pilot shortage to come.. yeah right. 😂

Alloy
13th Nov 2021, 09:32
Considering no T&Cs were given and basically anyone with airline experience could apply, in the current circumstances a better than one in ten odds was better than I expected for all applicants. Remove those who can not tick most of the boxs of long haul experience, wide body experience, Boeing experience and will not be willing to work for the T&Cs and I suspect the odds look quite good for those left despite not having a 787 type rating.

Those with 787 or 777 experience should be in a very strong position.

calypso
13th Nov 2021, 17:11
The same 2800 pilos are applying to all jobs. There are dozens of airlines hiring right now. Many more to come.

Virtually no new pilots have qualified in the last 2 years. In an average year 5 % of pilots retire. So we have lost 10% plus those that have moved on to other professions.

There will be a shortage, mad as that may seem right now. The re-training bottleneck is going to be pretty epic too.

srjumbo747
13th Nov 2021, 17:33
And are they going to charge for type rating as the previous company did?
Also, there has always been a shortage just around the corner. It has never happened.

hans brinker
14th Nov 2021, 05:03
I think it is closer to 3 % (based on 40 years of flying, from 25 till 65, it would be 2.5%, but I would guess most don't last the full 40). 5% would mean people would only fly 20 years on average.

1201alarm
14th Nov 2021, 10:00
I am with Calypso.

There are also thousands of old captains worldwide that either took pre-retirements with good packages (from major airlines) and won't come back or the ones that just had enough and won't come back (furloughed in middle east or asia) because they made enough cash and don't want to dislocate again into an expat life.

The training bottleneck will be in a way as we have never seen before.

All experience shows a massive and super-quick rebound of the customers as soon as routes open up, something the airline leaders have not foreseen and have not planned for.

It is not accidential that Emirates is already inviting applications from pilots who have not worked for Emirates before. I would guess they had to learn quickly that a significant part of their forloughed or fired pilots did not show any interest in returning after Emirates invited them to express interest for a return.

Training departments are usually dimensioned for a rough staff turnover in the region of 3% a year. We are talking more than tripple that.

CASBO
14th Nov 2021, 12:14
The population isn't distributed evenly across age because boomers, so reckon it's worse.

I think the crunch will hit our cabin colleagues first- London/SE has a big shortage of hospitality etc workers with T&Cs for ground jobs rising steadily.

UAV689
17th Nov 2021, 07:59
Spot on. Walk down the highstreet and every single coffee shop/restaurant/bar has a “staff wanted” poster.

It is a huge problem for Ryanair at the moment. They are trying to recruit Brits like mad for cabin crew, however they are learning the hard way no Brit wants to work for £500 a month.

They are playing the same trick they always do at Ryr of not actually telling people what they will earn before they start, as a consequence of every course of about 30 cabin crew brits, after 6 weeks at least 20 have resigned. Most never even serve notice just don’t come back. I have had delayed flights 3 times in the last month because of cabin crew just resigning on the spot and not telling anyone!

Bit off topic, but highlighting the stress in hospitality sector.

hard_landing
18th Nov 2021, 19:49
I know a few Emirates guys (now ex) that won’t be going back. When they were let go they had to relocate back to their home countries. Had to get their kids started in new schools etc. They won’t uproot their families again to go back.

annakm
19th Nov 2021, 15:46
Curious. Is this the US being protectionist?

”U.S. Rep Peter DeFazio (D-Ore.), who serves as chair of the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, in March 2021 urged the Biden administration to deny a permit (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-norway-airlines-congress-idUSKBN2BG38L) for the new Norwegian carrier to enter the domestic market, as reported by Reuters“

https://www.timesunion.com/hudsonvalley/news/article/Norway-flights-from-Stewart-Airport-16632576.php

annakm
21st Dec 2021, 13:18
Fairly generic email received from Norse asking me again if I am TR/TRE on 787/777 (neither) and country of license issue.

Strange, as this info was on original application. Anyone else received the same?

My Rifle and I
21st Dec 2021, 13:24
Looks like you have to pay for your 787 rating too.

We have decided to change our requirements to attend assessment in Norse Atlantic Airways.
⁃ The requirement of valid 777/787-rating is removed, but you need to obtain valid rating before starting OCC-course.

SpamCanDriver
22nd Dec 2021, 08:51
Fairly generic email received from Norse asking me again if I am TR/TRE on 787/777 (neither) and country of license issue.

Strange, as this info was on original application. Anyone else received the same?

Yes and I thought the same thing

Also seems strange they're "lowering" the requirements given how many people applied

CW247
22nd Dec 2021, 09:06
It's not realistic to have people renew their 777/787 on the hope of getting the only 787 job going in Europe. That's good old Scandinavian socially responsible sense right there!

LimaVictor
22nd Dec 2021, 10:10

:ugh: same same captain🤷🏻‍♂️

anderseik
23rd Dec 2021, 07:52
Looks like you have to pay for your 787 rating too.

We have decided to change our requirements to attend assessment in Norse Atlantic Airways.
⁃ The requirement of valid 777/787-rating is removed, but you need to obtain valid rating before starting OCC-course.

No, the email is confusing. See careers.flynorse.com/pages/pilot-faq under typerating

anderseik
23rd Dec 2021, 07:54
It's not realistic to have people renew their 777/787 on the hope of getting the only 787 job going in Europe. That's good old Scandinavian socially responsible sense right there!

If you read the FAQ on FlyNorse, you don't need to renew your LPC to attend assessment, but you need to renew your LPC before starting OCC-course (if successful at assessment)

My Rifle and I
23rd Dec 2021, 10:39
No, the email is confusing. See careers.flynorse.com/pages/pilot-faq under typerating

Thanks for the link. It's a 36 month bond for non TR pilots.

snak
4th Jan 2022, 11:44
Happy new year everyone!

Norse received it's AOC few days ago and seems that everything is progressing according plans. Any news/rumor on when the recruitment run will start?

SpamCanDriver
4th Jan 2022, 16:35
Happy new year everyone!

Norse received it's AOC few days ago and seems that everything is progressing according plans. Any news/rumor on when the recruitment run will start?

Theyve already hired the first batch of 50 pilots (mostly TRE/TRI's) according to a well connected colleague.

My Rifle and I
5th Jan 2022, 11:20
Theyve already hired the first batch of 50 pilots (mostly TRE/TRI's) according to a well connected colleague.

Hi, For which base?

AutolandIT
5th Jan 2022, 14:42
Hi, For which base?
OSL at the moment

anderseik
6th Jan 2022, 09:30

50 is incorrect. The number is divided by two

annakm
15th Jan 2022, 16:35
Has anyone heard anything further, either ja og nei from Norse?

Norse received their US DoT yesterday and sound like they are still planning on launching in Spring so I would have assumed things would be ramping up in the recruitment department.

felixthecat
16th Jan 2022, 08:53
The lead time on crew must be at least 3 months from starting to on line? Also the ramp up with advertising available flights must be in that region too, so that the public know they are out there on the market. That would indicate to me that mid May would be the earliest we could see flights.

That is just pure speculation on my behalf though.

kwaiyai
16th Jan 2022, 09:27
I got an update email recently from recruitment which mentions about planning to start spring 2022 etc.

HandoverRichard
16th Jan 2022, 10:48
Different coutries/ bases will have different start dates. They're saying Q2 for Oslo. London will be 2nd half of the year. That's delayed 12 months from the initial estimate... No mention of Paris

FlyerSwe
20th Feb 2022, 18:53
Hey guys,

Has anyone attended the assessment in Arendal yet? Anything to share?

Cheers

kottax
6th Mar 2022, 17:13
yeah, anyone?

Alex_Mach
10th Apr 2022, 10:28
Any info on what Norse Atlantic Pay?

ihatemorningflights
17th Jun 2022, 18:40
Any info on what Norse Atlantic Pay?
I would also be interested about that. I guess everybody who applied got an email that they do not need more people at the moment because 5 out of 15 plane flying this summer but soon they will need more.

It is making me optimistic that they are announcing more and more routes.

trancada
28th Sep 2022, 11:03
Any recent news , about terms&conditions

Haxe
29th Oct 2022, 07:51
Come on guys. Anyone with some details besides the 36month bond?

They are looking for Gatwick and deGaulle.
But what about per diems, social stuff?

srjumbo747
29th Oct 2022, 08:25
Why would anyone be interested in going to Norwegian #2?
I’d rather stack shelves

ihatemorningflights
29th Oct 2022, 08:41
I’d rather stack shelves

Actually I am really interested in going to some scandinavian country but there are not many options now for EU people who do not speak any scandinavian lenguage. I applied to Norse, SAS. SAS does not seem the best option now so that is why I am realy interested in Norse. I would prefer a base in Sweden or Norway.

Somebody has any good tips, where to apply for scandinavian job? Norwegian is not hiring unfortunatelly.

Haxe
29th Oct 2022, 12:16
I’d rather stack shelves

Of course, if I fly a 747 as a Senior I rather stack shelves and spend my spare time commenting on pprune of course.

Anyone else who likes to spend his/ her two golden minutes for a decent answer?

happy landings

cefey
31st Oct 2022, 16:34
"List of aviation companies in Norway" - see the list, open the webpage, and see if they hire/what they are asking for.

santacruz
1st Nov 2022, 06:20
Any info on roster at LGW?

cheekychappy
7th Nov 2022, 07:08
Any info on roster at LGW?

At the moment the roster is apparently variable as the company is still looking at the commuting contract with X amount of days working and 11 days off, potential for more with duty time met early.

Wether the company decide to reduce the pay for taking a commuting contract is another matter.

Sick
7th Nov 2022, 08:49
They would also need UK work permits (assuming you mean Europeans/Norwegians commuting to regularly operate out of the LGW base).

santacruz
8th Nov 2022, 05:57
Thanks for reply!

Any salary scale or salary figures available? Please PM if more comfortable.

TIA

Highlander90
27th Nov 2022, 10:08
Has anyone been for an assessment for Norse in LGW? Any details/tips would be much appreciated

biddedout
27th Nov 2022, 19:19
They would also need UK work permits (assuming you mean Europeans/Norwegians commuting to regularly operate out of the LGW base).

Despite worker shortages in the aviation sector general and requests from industry to re-consider the immigration rules, last week's Transport Minister Mr Shapps was not minded to not allow any relaxation of rules. Has anything changed? Surely the DFT, HO and BALPA would block any attempts by Norse to commute people in to LGW. UK registered aircraft, UK registered business, UK Jobs and employment law, and plenty experienced qualified UK pilots available to do the work.

sangiovese.
28th Nov 2022, 10:12
Yep plenty of unemployed experience with a UK licence already. Airlines like Norse need to put their hands in their pockets and not try and circumnavigate rules. Brexit happened. Many of us disagree with it, but those are now the rules.

Gulf Julliet Papa
29th Nov 2022, 15:26
Surely the DFT, HO and BALPA would block any attempts by Norse to commute people in to LGW.

​​​​​​​Airlines like Norse need to put their hands in their pockets and not try and circumnavigate rules.

Is this what is happening at Norse or are you both just guessing? Do you have proof or a source?

I assume it was ok that BA, EasyJet and TUI all had a substantial amount of outsourced crew over the summer despite UK pilots looking for jobs?

sangiovese.
29th Nov 2022, 15:51
ACMI wet lease though not sole contract employees

Gulf Julliet Papa
29th Nov 2022, 16:43
ACMI wet lease though not sole contract employees

IAG TUI and EasyJet could have transferred aircraft onto G- reg but didn’t for some reason…

Can you confirm how you believe Norse are circumventing rules and your source for this? Do Norse not have U.K. contracted pilots and crew?

sangiovese.
29th Nov 2022, 17:08
No idea. But in their pursuit of low cost and their previous (completely different airline Norwegian) I wouldn’t put it past them

biddedout
29th Nov 2022, 17:13
[QUOTE= GJP
I assume it was ok that BA, EasyJet and TUI all had a substantial amount of outsourced crew over the summer despite UK pilots looking for jobs?[/QUOTE]

No, that's not OK either.

The comments about Norse are based on the discussion above about possible commuting contracts. This ultra Brexity government have taken away the right for UK crew including the many unemployed, to seek employment in Europe and yet they have effectively left the door wide open for UK airlines to recruit from the EU if they choose to. The opposition leader has been banging on about not returning to freedom of movement too (obviously unaware that it still exists for skilled workers) and insisting on more training UK workers. Bring it on. there are loads of UK pilots with the right experience and skillsets to choose from, the airlines just need to be nudged into providing appropriate refresher training, rather than going for the cheapest option.
As the politicians fight over who can be the keenest to train up UK workers and keep down on immigration, BALPA should be leading the way in calling for this to actually happen and for the suspension of new visas until it does.

Gulf Julliet Papa
29th Nov 2022, 18:15
No, that's not OK either.

The comments about Norse are based on the discussion above about possible commuting contracts. This ultra Brexity government have taken away the right for UK crew including the many unemployed, to seek employment in Europe and yet they have effectively left the door wide open for UK airlines to recruit from the EU if they choose to. The opposition leader has been banging on about not returning to freedom of movement too (obviously unaware that it still exists for skilled workers) and insisting on more training UK workers. Bring it on. there are loads of UK pilots with the right experience and skillsets to choose from, the airlines just need to be nudged into providing appropriate refresher training, rather than going for the cheapest option.
As the politicians fight over who can be the keenest to train up UK workers and keep down on immigration, BALPA should be leading the way in calling for this to actually happen and for the suspension of new visas until it does.

So I believe the majority of the above should be a completely separate discussion away from Norse and their T&Cs. Just to clarify not everyone wants to live within 60 minutes of LGW or LHR but live in the UK, and have the right to, pay UK taxes and commute. A commuting-friendly contract would be welcomed in any airline, believe me.

My point is that two posters on here have stated that Norse are bypassing rules, importing staff, not involving the unions and not employing UK staff. Both posters have no source to share, nor proof of what they have put into the public forum. One has already admitted they have "no idea". Both posters did not post in the same style about IAG, TUI nor Easyjet. IAG and Easyjet combined had more pilots outsourced in Gatwick this summer than I'd imagine the whole Norse operation has... yet no criticism....

If I were interested in Norses T&Cs, I would rather know if those that are posting on that thread are guessing or clutching at straws, or educated on what they are posting about.

Maybe you can kindly answer the following questions, as this is a Norse T&C thread and not a hunch thread...
- Do Norse employ staff in the UK?
- Do Norse employ pilots and crew, in the UK?
- If so, are these staff outsourced or employed directly?
- Do Norse pilots have union recognition?

Deporflyer
9th Dec 2022, 17:41
Has anyone been to an assessment with Norse? If so, can you share a light on what to expect? Type of assessment? Etc..
Many thanks!

de fumo in flammam
9th Dec 2022, 18:45
For the third time, an email asking if I have a UK licence and current rating, and for the third time, "yes", but if they can't be bothered to listen to my answers, I'm taking a different option. Maybe their deafness to UK licensed Brits is selective!​​​

SpamCanDriver
10th Dec 2022, 06:15
For the third time, an email asking if I have a UK licence and current rating, and for the third time, "yes", but if they can't be bothered to listen to my answers, I'm taking a different option. Maybe their deafness to UK licensed Brits is selective!​​​

It's not just Brits who get those questions, everyone has.

They've asked yhe same questions so many times, that I'm wondering if it's a way to filter out people who aren't really interested?

ToCatLady
11th Dec 2022, 21:16
Invites to assessment days sent out today for LGW base. Looks like a pretty quick process but no news on T&Cs or start dates which I guess will be covered on the assessment day.

SpamCanDriver
12th Dec 2022, 07:01
Looks like I didn't make the cut then

flyingdaddy
12th Dec 2022, 09:19
Any ideas about the assessment? Which type do you think will be flown for NTR guys?

Cavallier
12th Dec 2022, 10:17
They send the terms and conditions with the email inviting you to the assessment.

737 Jockey
12th Dec 2022, 12:37
Any ideas about the assessment? Which type do you think will be flown for NTR guys?

B737-800 full motion. It’s pretty straight forward, and you’ll receive a full sim assessment briefing including Jeppy plates (also supplied on the day). No QRH involved.

flyingdaddy
12th Dec 2022, 13:13
Cheers! I've never been on a 737 seat before, even on jump seat. Any advise for preparation?

Superpilot
12th Dec 2022, 13:50
Head over to your local farm and have a go on one of their old tractors

sangiovese.
12th Dec 2022, 14:09
Head over to your local farm and have a go on one of their old tractors priceless 😂

737 Jockey
12th Dec 2022, 14:21
Cheers! I've never been on a 737 seat before, even on jump seat. Any advice for preparation?

The 2 guys I flew hadn’t flown the 737 before and did a good job. The automatics were available for most of it, so I wouldn’t worry too much. Obviously if you have money to burn, 737 FBS or FFS session would help you familiarise with the MCP, but MS FS or Xplane type desktop sim would be enough to help do that. With everyone having thousands of hours flying experience, CRM is what they’re really looking at. Good luck!

flyingdaddy
12th Dec 2022, 21:14
Thanks a lot! You've been real helpful. How about the group exercise? Is it find the murderer kinda or some basic discussion on a topic?

737 Jockey
13th Dec 2022, 05:51
Thanks a lot! You've been real helpful. How about the group exercise? Is it find the murderer kinda or some basic discussion on a topic?

It’s standard format. Everyone reads from laminated cards, and you’re time limited to find the answers. Further time pressure is exerted later. The scenario changes each time it would seem. We never found out whether we were right or not. Just be yourself and not too quiet and not over bearing.

Whispering Giant
13th Dec 2022, 11:15
So have the NTR guys actually received an invite to assessment yet ?, or are you just speculating as to what is involved in the assessment ?.

Haxe
13th Dec 2022, 12:59
Looks like I didn't make the cut then

Same here.
10k on 737 UK CAA / EASA..

737 Jockey
13th Dec 2022, 13:33
So have the NTR guys actually received an invite to assessment yet ?, or are you just speculating as to what is involved in the assessment ?.

There was a mixture of rated and non-rated at my assessment recently. Dash 8 - A380.

SpamCanDriver
13th Dec 2022, 14:24
Same here.
10k on 737 UK CAA / EASA..

>14k total >10k 777 UK CAA licence for me

Are all you guys going for the assessment currently living in the UK?
Training experience?

Whispering Giant
13th Dec 2022, 15:12
Don’t loose hope yet, if you’ve applied and not heard anything about being selected for assessment, as according to their website everyone will be informed the outcome of their application even if unsuccessful.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1536x1855/ae119ab4_c023_46bd_883a_046984683002_8b951af0549362ea922799c b08b185003a194c59.jpeg

737 Jockey
14th Dec 2022, 09:52
>14k total >10k 777 UK CAA licence for me

Are all you guys going for the assessment currently living in the UK?
Training experience?

Yes and yes.

Everyone was from the U.K.

Sharklet
17th Dec 2022, 05:09
Received the invite recently and I'm not a UK resident, but hold UK FCL and Medical. Am I setting the precedent or is there anyone else in this situation?

SpamCanDriver
17th Dec 2022, 13:49
Yes and yes.

Everyone was from the U.K.

I'm from the UK, hold a UK licence but currently flying in the sandpit.
Thought I had a fairly good chance of getting called with my experience....
I put a fair amount of work into my application, but with NTR guys getting called up before me, obviously not enough 😅

Thanks for the reply & I wish everyone called for the assessment the best of luck

ToCatLady
17th Dec 2022, 15:16
Received the invite recently and I'm not a UK resident, but hold UK FCL and Medical. Am I setting the precedent or is there anyone else in this situation?

I would say you’re just wasting both parties time?

IFLYyouBREATH
5th Jan 2023, 11:25
Hi,

is there any ZED tickets agreements ?

Thank you

FranciscoS1
12th Jan 2023, 13:07
Question is is this airline going to be around in 2 years time?

ToCatLady
12th Jan 2023, 20:47
Question is is this airline going to be around in 2 years time?

silly question to be honest. You could say this about most Airlines with such a volatile market.

will TUI U.K. or Virgin Atlantic be around in 2 years time? Flybe V3.0?

One poor season can change the fortunes for any airline without a deep war chest.

FranciscoS1
12th Jan 2023, 20:51
I dont think its a silly question at all.

pipercub10
20th Jan 2023, 10:50
I dont think its a silly question at all.

Norse interviewed beginning of January new FO's.

Looks like Norse decided to postpone route expansion and then those interviewed, all got rejections shortly after.

santacruz
20th Jan 2023, 12:11
silly question to be honest. You could say this about most Airlines with such a volatile market.

will TUI U.K. or Virgin Atlantic be around in 2 years time? Flybe V3.0?

One poor season can change the fortunes for any airline without a deep war chest.

I think he's asking the question because this is pretty much the same management, same planes and same business model as Norwegian who already went bust and laid off most of their staff.

Cavallier
20th Jan 2023, 15:00

Looks like Norse decided to postpone route expansion and then those interviewed, all got rejections shortly after.

Incorrect information .

flyingdaddy
21st Jan 2023, 01:23

Source? I already have friends who got the offer and starting soon.

ToCatLady
21st Jan 2023, 07:14

Not true at all. About 80% were offered jobs in line with their notice periods. Some with no notice periods offered a start date next month.

Assessment days were also carried out last week over a few days too with more days to come in February.

They will admit they’re struggling to find experienced U.K. licence holders with the right to live in the U.K.

sangiovese.
21st Jan 2023, 08:47
Not true at all. About 80% were offered jobs in line with their notice periods. Some with no notice periods offered a start date next month.

Assessment days were also carried out last week over a few days too with more days to come in February.

They will admit they’re struggling to find experienced U.K. licence holders with the right to live in the U.K.

I sense the UK licence holder issue will grow and grow across all the companies

SpamCanDriver
21st Jan 2023, 09:56

I have 15k total with over 10k on the 777, haven't heard a peep. Unless you count being asked the same questions 5 times 😅

heavydane
23rd Jan 2023, 02:27
Hi,

I see Norse is advertising for captains again. Anyone know what the pay is for CDG base? I have the OSL terms but was hoping that Euro pay would be a little more competitive!

H

ToCatLady
23rd Jan 2023, 07:42
I have 15k total with over 10k on the 777, haven't heard a peep. Unless you count being asked the same questions 5 times 😅

and both U.K. passport and U.K. licence?

midnight cruiser
23rd Jan 2023, 08:40
and both U.K. passport and U.K. licence? Well I have both, and haven't been invited, amply meeting DEC requirements (I took a much better paid job instead, but they don't know that - I even answered yes to their repeated email) - there had better not be a circumvention of UK laws, because let's face it; it's easier to employ European citizens in a multi national company - but if they want a uk base, the pilots must have the right to live and work there (and permits wouldn't be granted if UK pilots are able to take the job.)

ToCatLady
23rd Jan 2023, 08:52
Well I have both, and haven't been invited, amply meeting DEC requirements (I took a much better paid job instead, but they don't know that - I even answered yes to their repeated email) - there had better not be a circumvention of UK laws, because let's face it; it's easier to employ European citizens in a multi national company - but if they want a uk base, the pilots must have the right to live and work there (and permits wouldn't be granted if UK pilots are able to take the job.)

I completely agree and it wouldn’t surprise me if all Airlines start begging the government for work permits and I know it wouldn’t be replicated the other way around. Leaving U.K. passport and licence holders with less opportunities.

SpamCanDriver
23rd Jan 2023, 14:25
and both U.K. passport and U.K. licence?

Yes UK licence & UK Passport

SpamCanDriver
23rd Jan 2023, 14:27
Well I have both, and haven't been invited, amply meeting DEC requirements (I took a much better paid job instead, but they don't know that - I even answered yes to their repeated email) - there had better not be a circumvention of UK laws, because let's face it; it's easier to employ European citizens in a multi national company - but if they want a uk base, the pilots must have the right to live and work there (and permits wouldn't be granted if UK pilots are able to take the job.)

Same for me, answered all the repeated questions.
Amd put alot of effort into my initial application & not heard a peep!
Currently looking to come home from the sandpit

The Foss
23rd Jan 2023, 19:20

‘Airline Pilot’ is already on the government list of skilled worker visas.

The requirement is the job has to be at least the ‘going rate’, which for airline pilot is set at £60,800…
Whether Norse are on the approved employer list I am not sure, but I would expect not as they are a relatively new company.
Negatives to the employer would be the visa fee (circa £1500) and the associated bureaucracy.

There are of course other ways airlines can base pilots outside of the UK, and still have them operate flights originating from within, without needing a visa.

midnight cruiser
23rd Jan 2023, 20:27
To be able to issue skilled worker visas an approved employer world have to be able to issue certificates of sponsorship (every airline I have seen advertising has said they would be unable to do this), and then each application would then have to be approved or declined by the HO. Neither is trivial or routine apparently, and is liable to be declined if they had an inkling that British pilots are able to do the same job.
Not sure on the rules on funneling foreign pilots though a UK based (& reg'd?) aircraft, destined for a third non EU destination, but I have a feeling it wouldn't be allowed . Fairly impractical and expensive too.

ToCatLady
24th Jan 2023, 06:36
Yes UK licence & UK Passport

I am unsure. At the Assessment day there was a mix of guys with wide body time, guys without. Two who hadn’t flown in over 2 years and some with 787 ratings from the Middle East.

They said everyone was picked based on their profile and not necessarily their experience so not sure if they’re looking for something specific in the application.

SpamCanDriver
24th Jan 2023, 13:51
I am unsure. At the Assessment day there was a mix of guys with wide body time, guys without. Two who hadn’t flown in over 2 years and some with 787 ratings from the Middle East.

They said everyone was picked based on their profile and not necessarily their experience so not sure if they’re looking for something specific in the application.

Thanks for the info

But if they arent even calling people for assements, that far exceed their own requirements, it would suggest they are not facing a shortage of suitable applicants.

yardmaster
24th Jan 2023, 14:15
I have no LH experience but did get called for an interview recently. I thought it went quite well... they disagreed and I didn't get offered the job.

They are being selective by the looks of things but I'm unsure exactly what type of person they are looking for (other than not me!)

SpamCanDriver
24th Jan 2023, 18:46
I have no LH experience but did get called for an interview recently. I thought it went quite well... they disagreed and I didn't get offered the job.

They are being selective by the looks of things but I'm unsure exactly what type of person they are looking for (other than not me!)

Well you got further than me 😅
I've flown short-haul, Long-haul, Low cost, Flag Carrier, Charter...

enzino
24th Jan 2023, 18:56
Are they opening a base in Rome?

flyingdaddy
25th Jan 2023, 00:14
‘Airline Pilot’ is already on the government list of skilled worker visas.

The requirement is the job has to be at least the ‘going rate’, which for airline pilot is set at £60,800…
Whether Norse are on the approved employer list I am not sure, but I would expect not as they are a relatively new company.
Negatives to the employer would be the visa fee (circa £1500) and the associated bureaucracy.

There are of course other ways airlines can base pilots outside of the UK, and still have them operate flights originating from within, without needing a visa.

They would never sponsor a pilot:
1- They signed an agreement with BALPA which will restrict them to employ non-resident pilots or let non-resident pilots operate from LGW base.
2- CAA license conversion for the non-resident pilots takes more than 6 months after getting the residency. No airline will pay the basic fee during the conversion process.

ToCatLady
25th Jan 2023, 06:20
They would never sponsor a pilot:
1- They signed an agreement with BALPA which will restrict them to employ non-resident pilots or let non-resident pilots operate from LGW base.
2- CAA license conversion for the non-resident pilots takes more than 6 months after getting the residency. No airline will pay the basic fee during the conversion process.

you can fly on a validation for 12 months which is what I’d imagine the CAA would do with the airlines whilst they wait for the person to convert.

The current situation with licences will change drastically once the airlines and the CAA see a shortage here in the U.K. suddenly it’ll be extremely easy to sponsor and to convert from EASA

SpamCanDriver
25th Jan 2023, 12:32
you can fly on a validation for 12 months which is what I’d imagine the CAA would do with the airlines whilst they wait for the person to convert.

The current situation with licences will change drastically once the airlines and the CAA see a shortage here in the U.K. suddenly it’ll be extremely easy to sponsor and to convert from EASA

You keep stating there is a massive shortage, what is your evidence for this?
Even Norse have obviously been flooded with applications and are being quite selective on who they call for interview.

I've applied to 3 companies so far in the UK, haven't been called forward to a single one.

New_Pilot
29th Jan 2023, 19:52
Hi YardMaster,

Are you able to share you experience of how the interview process was?

Thank you

yardmaster
30th Jan 2023, 09:18
Hi YardMaster,

Are you able to share you experience of how the interview process was?

Thank you

The interview itself was fairly relaxed and all the recruitment team are very nice and laid back. Make sure you have a couple of good generic examples of ‘where you have dealt with conflict / when you have worked well in a team etc etc’

I think where I fell down is not explaining well enough why I want to fly with Norse and why I align with their ‘values’. However overall assessment is more straightforward than BA for example

ToCatLady
13th Feb 2023, 10:18
Just a heads up for anyone who attends the assessment days. It is NOT a 3 year bond of £12,000 as they announce on the day. It’s actually 24k bond AND a pay deduction of £4,000 per year for the first three years. FO basic pay is 71 not 75

srjumbo747
13th Feb 2023, 11:15
Haven’t they gone bust yet?

Mustang948
14th Feb 2023, 09:44
How long have people been waiting for assessment outcome? Was told it would be a couple of weeks but over a month now.

ToCatLady
14th Feb 2023, 11:22
10 days from assessment day, provided you have completed the zoom call with Nikki the shrink!

Mustang948
14th Feb 2023, 12:27
Thanks ToCatLady, was that personal experience or what you heard? Did interview with Nikki but still waiting.

ToCatLady
14th Feb 2023, 17:51
That’s when they emailed me

New_Pilot
20th Feb 2023, 12:03
Hi All,

Has anyone got any updates from the Feb assessments?

NMG
20th Feb 2023, 15:30
I had my assessment in Feb and haven’t heard back either. 😓

Mustang948
20th Feb 2023, 18:02
I had feedback from Norse today that the hold up is because they are still waiting for the report from Orbit Performance.

I completed this aspect over four weeks ago so looks like there is quite a delay there.

Might be worth sending an email through to chase it up.

ihatemorningflights
21st Feb 2023, 13:50
Could you please tell when did you apply and for what position with how much experience?

I appliad as non TR FO with 2000h on A320 2022 May but no answer yet.

NMG
21st Feb 2023, 15:26
Could you please tell when did you apply and for what position with how much experience?

I appliad as non TR FO with 2000h on A320 2022 May but no answer yet.

Identical position and experience as you except I applied in early Feb 2023.

Go4PoweredDecent
21st Feb 2023, 20:00
So I believe the majority of the above should be a completely separate discussion away from Norse and their T&Cs. Just to clarify not everyone wants to live within 60 minutes of LGW or LHR but live in the UK, and have the right to, pay UK taxes and commute. A commuting-friendly contract would be welcomed in any airline, believe me.

My point is that two posters on here have stated that Norse are bypassing rules, importing staff, not involving the unions and not employing UK staff. Both posters have no source to share, nor proof of what they have put into the public forum. One has already admitted they have "no idea". Both posters did not post in the same style about IAG, TUI nor Easyjet. IAG and Easyjet combined had more pilots outsourced in Gatwick this summer than I'd imagine the whole Norse operation has... yet no criticism....

If I were interested in Norses T&Cs, I would rather know if those that are posting on that thread are guessing or clutching at straws, or educated on what they are posting about.

Maybe you can kindly answer the following questions, as this is a Norse T&C thread and not a hunch thread...
- Do Norse employ staff in the UK?
- Do Norse employ pilots and crew, in the UK?
- If so, are these staff outsourced or employed directly?
- Do Norse pilots have union recognition?

1. Yes, Norse employ staff in the UK.
2. Yes, Norse employ pilots and cc with the right to live and work in the UK.
3. All Norse staff are employed directly by the airline.
4. Norse has BALPA recognition at the companies request.

Deporflyer
18th Apr 2023, 20:28
Anyone kind enough to share a roster? are the LGW based crew also flying out of OSL and BER?

menekse
27th Apr 2023, 05:39
Can you share information about the assessment?

NMG
27th Apr 2023, 22:43
Can you share information about the assessment?

the assessment comprised of an interview, a simulator assessment on the B737 and a time sensitive group assessment.

You will also have to do a behavioral assessment online. (usually done before the assessment day if time permits)

Hope this helps!

menekse
28th Apr 2023, 04:52
the assessment comprised of an interview, a simulator assessment on the B737 and a time sensitive group assessment.

You will also have to do a behavioral assessment online. (usually done before the assessment day if time permits)

Hope this helps!

It helps! Thank you

Gero
21st May 2023, 02:52
Any news about new hires?

EGGW
21st May 2023, 20:57
New course starting tomorrow, NTR and some TR. Last course (OCC) early May, was 21 new starters.

Stop talking kak, we were told no such thing. No such requests for unpaid leave.

EGGW.

Gero
22nd May 2023, 01:38
Thanks for info.
Applied some 2 months ago but no info at all.

Cavallier
22nd May 2023, 13:34
not great, recent induction courses have been told summer is much slower than forecast and there will likely be a significant round of unpaid leave during winter Ops. Requests for voluntary unpaid leave being taken.

Incorrect information.

flyer4life
5th Jul 2023, 07:47
Yesterday I received yet another email asking to update my application, after applying nearly two years ago. When clicking on the link for DEC just hours after receiving the email (because I was working), the advert had already expired. Did anyone manage to see the advert before it expired?

global2express
5th Jul 2023, 16:20
Here's the link (https://careers.flynorse.com/jobs/2972532-captain-b787-type-rated-and-non-type-rated/27aec339-c6b5-4b7f-9547-b86fbee2a6ad).

flyer4life
6th Jul 2023, 11:54
Here's the link (https://careers.flynorse.com/jobs/2972532-captain-b787-type-rated-and-non-type-rated/27aec339-c6b5-4b7f-9547-b86fbee2a6ad).

Thanks so much, that works!

Oasis
8th Jul 2023, 07:44
I can't seem to find anything about what the rosters look like or any other conditions of service. Pay?

Does anyone have any info?

737 Jockey
8th Jul 2023, 08:26
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/920x2000/img_7380_8018153c64b43fbbf3db80efa63c1278b56bf7c2.png
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/920x2000/img_7381_6f3a76d63a4bf148b3520b35bf20e5c764ff1459.png

FlyHigher
8th Jul 2023, 15:13
What about CDG base, are the same T&C as for Oslo?

Oasis
8th Jul 2023, 16:37
Thank you for the Information!

suppe100
15th Jul 2023, 00:14
Wow, that pay really sucks!!

RARA9
15th Jul 2023, 07:42
£130,000 for 850hrs for a LH Captain is indeed not great !
Balpa doing wonderful work again …….

3Greens
15th Jul 2023, 10:55
not sure what BALPA can do if people are accepting the contract? Guess it’s a market economy amd if the supply of labour falls the price will rise…

schooner
16th Jul 2023, 08:00

You think it would be better if BALPA weren’t involved?

Fac6
16th Jul 2023, 09:58

With your employee pension contribution of 10% it appears that would end up being around 108K basic. Employee contributes more than the employer.

Superpilot
16th Jul 2023, 17:44
Compared to other Captain positions within the UK, it's not a terrible salary. It's pretty average. Yeah, it's long haul, but short haul on 850 hours is harder work, no? They don't earn more than £130k on average. To match EK and QR's take home figures, salaries here would have to double but right now there's no other DEC Long Haul positions available in the UK or in Scandinavia and so people get to decide what's more important, to be at home or a higher salary. You Yanks are obviously on Cloud 9 right now, and though we aspire to reach your salary levels, we won't ever achieve them due to the broken and fragmented pilot group we are in Europe. Well done, but don't go comparing your successes to ours.

suppe100
22nd Jul 2023, 01:46
Then go be a regional captain in the US…
Don’t have to, already a captain for one of the majors, making 3 x that of Norse! And working 12-14 days per month! My point here is that Europe and the US have become two different worlds! European pilot unions, if the airline even have one, have no power anymore! When pilots in Europe are willing to fly for food, well, that’s what you get then!

Cavallier
22nd Jul 2023, 07:26
“Don’t have to, already a captain for one of the majors, making 3 x that of Norse! And working 12-14 days per month!”

I have to congratulate you.

lansen
22nd Jul 2023, 14:29
Don’t have to, already a captain for one of the majors, making 3 x that of Norse! And working 12-14 days per month! My point here is that Europe and the US have become two different worlds! European pilot unions, if the airline even have one, have no power anymore! When pilots in Europe are willing to fly for food, well, that’s what you get then!

You’re my new idol. Can I have an autograph?

mark_one
22nd Jul 2023, 17:21
Anyone willing to share the T/C's for CDG base, would like to compare mainland europe to scandi and UK. Have seen OSL, LGW pass by. Thanks in advance.

M_1

level_change
30th Jul 2023, 13:14
Anyone willing to share the T/C's for CDG base, would like to compare mainland europe to scandi and UK. Have seen OSL, LGW pass by. Thanks in advance.
M_1

Interested in that as well. Any recent insights into the recruitment process? They are asking a lot of philosophical questions on their portal, culture, how do you imagine this and that, All nice and good - but lets be a little bit real here, I'm looking for a job, in other words a deal where my "time is sold for money" vs "days off" and not for a new girlfriend.

RexBanner
7th Aug 2023, 07:44
The unions in Europe have become extremely weak in the last few decades, if the airline even have one! Ex., BA senior Captain pay in 1990 was 120k, in today’s money that’s 268k. They may be able to make 150k today! That’s a 40+% pay cut over the last 30 years!

Untrue. Pending the outcome of the latest pay talks, if BA’s game is dealing in “me too clauses” then a 13% pay rise would put a Pay Point 24 Captain on just over £220k, add in allowances and you’re looking at £250k all in. Still a pay cut but nowhere near a 40% one (assuming your starting figure is correct).

The basic premise that US Unions have protected their workforce far better though is absolutely correct prima facie but it’s also an apples and pears argument because it’s a vastly different market in Europe, far more easily undermined.

Gero
7th Aug 2023, 15:11
Please keep this thread for Norse!

eckhard
7th Aug 2023, 19:26
“Ex., BA senior Captain pay in 1990 was 120k, in today’s money that’s 268k. They may be able to make 150k today!”

Well, I retired over three years ago as a 22-year LH Captain, (so not the most senior pay-point), and my BASIC salary was 180,000 GBP, so you need to check your figures. Not that I really care.

There’s more to life than money, though I’d be the first to admit it’s important.

RomeoSierra09
8th Aug 2023, 22:37
Anybody got a call already? Or any other update.

cheekychappy
9th Aug 2023, 16:54
Has anyone interviewed lately? Any timelines on when you get back a yay or nay?

Outbacker
12th Aug 2023, 09:39
Hello, can anyone let me know what it is like to work for Norse as a pilot. Could you give an insight with regards to Rosters out of Gatwick, like trips per month, days off to expect and what sort of standby coverage they employ i.e time to call out?
Also when down route what kind of hotel does Norse provide.
I also hear that they are looking at commuting rosters. Is there any info as to what that may look like?

Many thanks if anyone can answer those for me.

Byrne11
14th Aug 2023, 10:55
Does anyone have a Norse roster as an example?

mark_one
14th Aug 2023, 22:39
Anyone received a similar mail after the initial interview with the psycologist? Good or bad!? :ooh:We hope you are doing fine.

Due to various different circumstances, we have to postpone your assessment process with Norse Atlantic Airways. Due to planning and resources, the decision has been made to continue the recruitment at a later stage. This is complete our fault, from our planning and we are sorry for any inconvenience.

You will be kept on file, we will keep you updated and will invite you again when next opportunity arise.

We wish and hope for your understanding and we look forward to meet you in the near future.

Kind Regards

Team Norse

EGGW
15th Aug 2023, 09:39
Am a Norseman. So, you will probably hear from Norse shortly, recruitment will start imminently for next year. FO's and possibly a sprinkling DECs.

2 AOCs, UK and Norway. Bases LGW,CDG and Oslo.

UK will prob have most expansion, although nothing is firm yet, all leased out aircraft coming back, is the plan. (15 total)

During the ramp up, it has been full on, for most of us. Rosters are tight with the ramp up, and training backlog, although we are guaranteed 11 days off. It is a commuting friendly airline, though rosters do need to improve to facilitate this fully. Trainers are flat out, and not happy, but that is standard at a lot of airlines.

Overtime is paid >70 hrs. and most are doing 85+ at the moment, which should ease off in the winter.

Quite a lot of commands this winter, internally. Which is great.

Typically 3-4 trips per month, but can be 5, depends east or west coast US trips ya get. West coast is 3 crew, and MIA/FLL, as well. We hoping to get MCO to 3 crew as well. But what other companies do, on that route may well dictate what happens. W patterns, are a thing at Norse. You can opt in or out. You go on a trip, back to LGW, hotel, and out next day on another trip. Productive 5-6 days. Some like, some don't.... Standbys, in theory 90 mins from call out. Never been called out yet, it does happen. Next CBA union, hoping to change this. Also reserves, where they have to give you 10 or 20 hours notice of a duty change.

BALPA council, and Norse have a great working relationship, its not all perfect, but to be honest, in all my time, is pretty good, and collaborative. Norway unions, I can't comment on. But seems ok, from what I know. A new CBA is being worked on, and hopefully will be ready by years end. Lots of improvements sought.

Load factors have been great this summer, on routes. Company in profit. As with most new companies, some teething issues, but the motivation is to get things right.

PM me if you have questions.

EGGW.

Outbacker
15th Aug 2023, 19:27
Am a Norseman. So, you will probably hear from Norse shortly, recruitment will start imminently for next year. FO's and possibly a sprinkling DECs.

UK will prob have most expansion, although nothing is firm yet, all leased out aircraft coming back, is the plan. (15 total)

During the ramp up, it has been full on, for most of us. Rosters are tight with the ramp up, and training backlog, although we are guaranteed 11 days off. It is a commuting friendly airline, though rosters do need to improve to facilitate this fully. Trainers are flat out, and not happy, but that is standard at a lot of airlines.

Overtime is paid >70 hrs. and most are doing 85+ at the moment, which should ease off in the winter.

Typically 3-4 trips per month, but can be 5, depends east or west coast US trips ya get. West coast is 3 crew, and MIA/FLL, as well. We hoping to get MCO to 3 crew as well. But what other companies do, on that route may well dictate what happens. W patterns, are a thing at Norse. You can opt in or out. You go on a trip, back to LGW, hotel, and out next day on another trip. Productive 5-6 days. Some like, some don't.... Standbys, in theory 90 mins from call out. Never been called out yet, it does happen. Next CBA union, hoping to change this. Also reserves, where they have to give you 10 or 20 hours notice of a duty change.

BALPA council, and Norse have a great working relationship, its not all perfect, but to be honest, in all my time, is pretty good, and collaborative. Norway unions, I can't comment on. But seems ok, from what I know. A new CBA is being worked on, and hopefully will be ready by years end. Lots of improvements sought.

Load factors have been great this summer, on routes. Company in profit. As with most new companies, some teething issues, but the motivation is to get things right.

EGGW.
Many thanks for the info. Just curious how many days off in a row you would get after a back to back?

Outbacker
15th Aug 2023, 19:29
oh and what type of hortels do you get? on airport or off airport? good standard?

RomeoSierra09
22nd Aug 2023, 07:55
The advertisement has been removed…recruitment started?

Flyg1rl
24th Aug 2023, 15:51
Are people already getting called?
Curious.

cheekychappy
25th Aug 2023, 11:22
I just heard on Cabin FM that the CDG base has just announced closing? Any information on why?

It was mentioned of an Italian or Spanish base opening?

EGGW
25th Aug 2023, 13:51
Nothing announced. JFK doing well, and MIA starting this winter. So unlikely. Get Cabin FM to tune in a little more accurately.

EGGW.

cheekychappy
26th Aug 2023, 06:28
Music to my ears!

This makes more sense as the company has turned profit, I just wanted to put this to the group, thank you for clarifying.

enzino
31st Aug 2023, 09:52
The old Norwegian long haul used to have a base in Rome FCO. Is there any rumours about a possibility of that happening again with Norse?

Outbacker
22nd Sep 2023, 09:29
Has anyone got the gen for the Norse Assessment at Gatwick by any chance?

Many thanks

Bizjetboy
16th Oct 2023, 11:29
Hi.

Has anyone in the last few months been successful at assessment? If so, how long have you, or did you wait for a start date / contract?

Thanks

Harry Grout
3rd Nov 2023, 21:02
I know people won't want to hear this. But a new start up with no legacy debt shouldn't need a cash injection to get through the winter.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
4th Nov 2023, 19:43
I know people won't want to hear this. But a new start up with no legacy debt shouldn't need a cash injection to get through the winter.

Source ?

rboymk1
4th Nov 2023, 19:53
Roster seems random but according to a friend of mine 3-4 trips in the summer at least with minimum of 3 days off between..

Harry Grout
4th Nov 2023, 21:09
Put "45 Million" and "Norse Atlantic" into your chosen search engine.

cheekychappy
5th Nov 2023, 11:25
Put "45 Million" and "Norse Atlantic" into your chosen search engine.

yes but it also goes on to explain that 3rd quarterly results were in profit, share prices of some of the most robust airlines (if there is such a thing) fluctuated massively over the years.

Norwegian as a whole had B787 lithium battery problems, B737 max grounding followed by a pandemic, how do you survive all 3.

They cut the arm of the long haul yet retained the leases, then leased back the same aircraft at 50% of cost.
NAS is backed by the Norwegian govt, as well Norse is not Norwegian yet run by exactly the same people, so backed by the same people, the same people who won’t want another failure for the same business model.

The share price was a reaction and despite being a “new” company (which they aren’t) still has years of background experience on what not to do and how to progress forward slowly slowly.

BfrancyFly
5th Nov 2023, 12:12
Hello all,
do you think is there any chance for a EASA Embraer rated FO to get called for an assessment or they require Boeing experience?

thanks all!

Prob30Tempo TSRA
5th Nov 2023, 12:14
The lithium battery thing never really affected Norwegian 787 deliveries - the cure was a new drain in case the battery kicked off .

It's true NAS had a lot of bad luck but I also feel the covid timing was quite a useable excuse to bin the whole LH thing -It made money on a handful of routes but they were very seasonal as Norse knows as well , I hope they are doing it better and more profitably

Harry Grout
5th Nov 2023, 12:17
yes but it also goes on to explain that 3rd quarterly results were in profit, share prices of some of the most robust airlines (if there is such a thing) fluctuated massively over the years.

Norwegian as a whole had B787 lithium battery problems, B737 max grounding followed by a pandemic, how do you survive all 3.

They cut the arm of the long haul yet retained the leases, then leased back the same aircraft at 50% of cost.
NAS is backed by the Norwegian govt, as well Norse is not Norwegian yet run by exactly the same people, so backed by the same people, the same people who won’t want another failure for the same business model.

The share price was a reaction and despite being a “new” company (which they aren’t) still has years of background experience on what not to do and how to progress forward slowly slowly.

I don't know of any airline that doesn't make money during the high season. But a pre tax profit of $1.6 million in the 3rd quarter will be wiped out in a few days during the low season. Hence they need a cash injection to continue operation over the coming winter.

ReallyAnnoyed
5th Nov 2023, 21:26
Just for clarity, this is the 7th. time in their 18 months of existence that they have taken cash injections, including "repair emissions".

Norse-gründeren henter penger for syvende gang: – Vi mener det er tilstrekkelig | DN (https://www.dn.no/luftfart/norse-grunderen-henter-penger-for-syvende-gang-vi-mener-det-er-tilstrekkelig/2-1-1545941)

Prob30Tempo TSRA
6th Nov 2023, 14:46
Just for clarity, this is the 7th. time in their 18 months of existence that they have taken cash injections, including "repair emissions".

Norse-gründeren henter penger for syvende gang: – Vi mener det er tilstrekkelig | DN (https://www.dn.no/luftfart/norse-grunderen-henter-penger-for-syvende-gang-vi-mener-det-er-tilstrekkelig/2-1-1545941)
Is there an English version ?

I hope it works out for them , there's a lot of great former colleagues there

pdeswe
15th Nov 2023, 16:13
Any info about the interview with nikki? Questions, topics etc.

chris1311
21st Nov 2023, 13:03
Any info about how the assessment day looks like anyone?

Would highly appreciate

thanks in advance

NMG
21st Nov 2023, 14:20
Any info about how the assessment day looks like anyone?

Would highly appreciate

thanks in advance

I replied earlier in the thread, but this is basically what the assessment day will entail:

chris1311
23rd Nov 2023, 11:11
I replied earlier in the thread, but this is basically what the assessment day will entail:

Thanks

any info on what the interview is about?

cheekychappy
25th Nov 2023, 08:24

EGGW.

What is the benefit for W patterns? Is it because you’re more likely to get above 70 hours and so paid more?

or is this a benefit for commuters?

any word on commuting roster? Is this expected to be a decrease in salary for a commuting roster?

in winter months are you still getting above 70 hours or living on basic?

lansen
28th Nov 2023, 14:27
What is the benefit for W patterns? Is it because you’re more likely to get above 70 hours and so paid more?

or is this a benefit for commuters?

any word on commuting roster? Is this expected to be a decrease in salary for a commuting roster?

in winter months are you still getting above 70 hours or living on basic?

There are no "commuting rosters".
Most people like W patterns because it's easier to commute that way or because people have no life back home or both.
The roster is during the summer so to say filled with usually two W patters and one forth and back.

Hours in summer 80+
Hours in winter 30-60ish (destinations and hours a bit depending on where you are based and if you've gone fwb somebody in crewplanning)
Yearly total around 700 block

Average at home days during the summer: 12-15*
Average at home days during the winter: 15+*
*(including 11 guaranteed days off and RES10 + overall unplanned days)

Depending on where you are based (OSL,CDG), there are company per diems of 80€ for every day you're not a home.

Ropsy
21st Dec 2023, 07:25
Hello Ladies and Gents,

In case anyone wondering how the assessment is like, a bit of feedback from my side:

Applied in summer, mail by autumn that they stopped hiring, also in autumn i received a mail from Nikki saying that i applied and she wants to schedule a teams meet.

Teams meet with Nikki:

Nice atmosphere, open, honest, lots of talk from my side, little from hers (as usual during such interview stages), mainly questions about me, CV, why norse, talk about a difficult CRM related event/decision in the past etc etc. Nothing to prepare really, just an easy, straight forward chat. I have no idea (percentage wise) how much about the interview is due to the Germanwings event and how much is about actual norse suitability. To what I understand this teams meet is part of the assessment and the “results” have nothing to do with whether or not you get an invitation to the assessment, it seems like results from assessment and Nikki will somehow be combined to get a final decision.

Assessment on site:

ORY/LGW/OSL depending on availability.

Recruitment team consists of TRE and recruiting FO(s) - no psychologist.

Group Exercise about 10 minutes, split up in 2 groups, decide on a topic and then agree on a common solution

Interview: about 1 hr, nothing technical, again about CV, strengths, weaknesses, difficult CRM related situations in your past etc

Simulator: Type depending on assessment location. 737 NG in LGW and OSL, A350 in ORY. You are paired as PF/PM team with another applicant (1 hr in each role), takeoff, SID, vectors, ILS, GA incl. ENG FAIL, vectors VOR APP, landing. Main focus here on CRM and management of the flight/emergency. AP and FMS available. Use whatever procedures you are comfortable with from previous flown AC.

Duration about 8-9hrs depending on number of applicants. A few hours of waiting time in between can be spent by the coffee machine to have a chat with the other applicants.

Atmosphere really nice and welcoming. No traps. Depending on location including a lunch together as a group with the assessors.

Result per Mail usually within the next 5-10 days.

Starting dates atm February, March, April,May

All the best to those who applied

Prob30Tempo TSRA
21st Dec 2023, 15:01
I’m sure the applicants will welcome your feedback so thank you for your generous sharing .
Are you sure the First Lady wasn’t a psychologist ?
After that scum ball flew into the Alps , I understand under EASA they must do psyche assessments as a mandatory item

Ropsy
21st Dec 2023, 15:11
I’m sure the applicants will welcome your feedback so thank you for your generous sharing .
Are you sure the First Lady wasn’t a psychologist ?
After that scum ball flew into the Alps , I understand under EASA they must do psyche assessments as a mandatory item

Of course, Nikki is a psychologist and she clearly says that at the beginning of the teams meet. She also states that this meeting is held to see whether or not you are a good fit for norse and because of the Germanwings event.

What i meant is that i cannot say and not even take a guess to what percentage your answers count towards norse suitability and how much of the interview is concerning mental health.

During my on-site assessment however, which took place a few weeks AFTER the teams meet with Nikki, there was no psychologist present.

I hope that clarifies my above post.

pp_
1st Jan 2024, 02:16
10 days from assessment day, provided you have completed the zoom call with Nikki the shrink!

How was the interwiew with Nikki? I’m scheduled in 3 days. Got any tips?

AE86
16th Jan 2024, 14:28
Anyone got called for non type rated?

I haven´t heard anything from them. B737 experienced.

Also how do you do with the US Crew Visa if they are asking for the letter from an employer?

Thanks

LOWI
30th Jan 2024, 15:31
RE: Norse needing money to survive the winter.

How is the atmosphere right now at Norse?
Got a few Skipper friends there and they tell me a few routes cut, many on standbys/reserves...

Prob30Tempo TSRA
30th Jan 2024, 15:33
RE: Norse needing money to survive the winter.

How is the atmosphere right now at Norse?
Got a few Skipper friends there and they tell me a few routes cut, many on standbys/reserves...
Wouldn’t they be the best people to tell you then ?

LOWI
31st Jan 2024, 15:10
Wouldn’t they be the best people to tell you then ?

Ha, splendid idea but they are somewhat optimistic!
The news I am reading is not for the faint hearted unfortunately.

I have a lot of friends with them and I do hope they can survive this winter, let alone next winter.

Prob30Tempo TSRA
31st Jan 2024, 16:22
Yes, no one will talk down the financial position of their employer . Their 4 th quarter wasn’t bad I understand financially but surviving till the summer peak is the game and I hope they manage it as I , too , have lots of old colleagues there

USERNAME_
31st Jan 2024, 17:49
Yes, no one will talk down the financial position of their employer . Their 4 th quarter wasn’t bad I understand financially but surviving till the summer peak is the game and I hope they manage it as I , too , have lots of old colleagues there

https://www.headforpoints.com/2024/01/31/norse-atlantic-to-sell-a-material-ownership-stake

Supposedly 2 airlines are interested in purchasing a minor part of Norse. No idea who though.....

Jannette
4th Feb 2024, 10:04
Hi there,

I applied in September for a B787 job based in Paris and did not hear anything.

Are they actively recruiting?

Thanks.

RDL847
4th Feb 2024, 19:13
Can anyone divulge any info on Norse Loss of License Cover? Is there a top up option, if so how much? Does it consider prior medical conditions?

Thanks!

LOWI
13th Feb 2024, 10:54
The pay isn't too bad to be honest and the gig at Norse is very good from what I have been told.

Their Second Officers get an abysmal salary nonetheless compared to Virgin, Cathay and Singapore. The poor sods have to repay the type rating too from that so-called salary!

It looks like Norse are using their SOs for the longer flights to avoid paying for two FOs, which is smart business thinking.

Officer Cartman
13th Feb 2024, 11:16
Smart business thinking maybe, doesn’t sound like have the employees welfare at hand though.

EGGW
13th Feb 2024, 21:00
SOs are only on the Norway AOC.

Fleet will be up 2 units for S24, with these going on Norway AOC.

3 more units return S25.

EGGW.

LOWI
14th Feb 2024, 09:43
SOs are only on the Norway AOC.

Fleet will be up 2 units for S24, with these going on Norway AOC.

3 more units return S25.

EGGW.

Sir, any news about SOs joining the UK AOC any time soon? I heard there was some talk a while back but UK CAA weren't too keen or too much demand for FOs in the UK!

A320 Glider
14th Feb 2024, 13:49
Can SOs in Norse upgrade to RHS? What's the waiting time? In Cathay for example its 8 years give or take.

EGGW
15th Feb 2024, 11:15
Sir, any news about SOs joining the UK AOC any time soon? I heard there was some talk a while back but UK CAA weren't too keen or too much demand for FOs in the UK!

Nothing heard yet..

EGGW.

captain.weird
15th Feb 2024, 13:05
What is the upgrade time to LHS for FOs? Especially 787 EASA experienced & rated FOs?

Regards

EGGW
15th Feb 2024, 17:05
S24 8 upgrades UK AOC, its about double that on Norwegian AOC. 2 extra 787s S24 on Norwegian AOC. Time for most of those in Norse, est. 1yr(or less)-18 months.

EGGW.

captain.weird
18th Feb 2024, 21:58
What are the requirements for the upgrade? Tried to make contact on the emailaddress but no reply unfortunately.

ROM1393
21st Feb 2024, 09:12
I had my interview last week. Very nice guys, relaxed and very approacheble. Seems like there will be TR courses MAR/APR/MAY for the time being.

The whole process was the way it should be. Little introduction of everyone. Then information about Norse. A fixed based 737 sim (LGW) and a personal interview. Again all done in a very nice and relaxed atmosphere.

Now the waiting time...:8

PT_L
27th Feb 2024, 17:52
For which bases are they hiring for?

Rt Hon Jim Hacker MP
1st Mar 2024, 22:20
Seriously, Norse must be about to lose a lot of people. The financials look dire.

ClearedToNowhere
3rd Mar 2024, 21:46
Seems like one poor crew is operating Gatwick-Riyadh-Madrid this evening. Thats a disgusting duty.

hans brinker
3rd Mar 2024, 23:10
Seems like one poor crew is operating Gatwick-Riyadh-Madrid this evening. Thats a disgusting duty.

Flightnumbers?

Prob30Tempo TSRA
4th Mar 2024, 02:35

Well it won’t be one poor crew will it ? 3-4 pilots I’d imagine

Sleepy Joe
4th Mar 2024, 17:44
It was 4 and the same crew that operated the initial flight a few days ago .

Jannette
6th Mar 2024, 11:02
I had my psycho interview today. Nikki was just interested in me. My career so far. No hard questions. Talk about bad experiences in your career.
How do you deal with a new airline... etc.

ROM1393
23rd Mar 2024, 15:34
Hi Jannette.

Did you hear anything more from Norse:-)?

I had my psycho interview today. Nikki was just interested in me. My career so far. No hard questions. Talk about bad experiences in your career.
How do you deal with a new airline... etc.

Jannette
3rd Apr 2024, 19:04
No, not yet...