PDA

View Full Version : DHL Air Austria

Banana Joe
22nd Oct 2021, 12:16
Any information about the new operator of DHL? They have just obtained their AOC.
Certainly they're going to need pilots as recruitment is ongoing (movement on career.aero). Any idea on what are the Terms and Conditions? Are they on par with EAT?

deltahotel
22nd Oct 2021, 12:20
The bulk of their pilots and all of their ac are direct transfer from DHK. I’m rubbish at crewing maths but doubt they’ll need recruiting initially.

rgds

Banana Joe
22nd Oct 2021, 12:26
Alright, then probably the movement I mentioned on career.aero might still be for EAT.

How many European pilots are in DHK? I understand DHK is going to be solely a long haul operator with 767 and 777, and the 757's have been moved to the Austrian AOC.

deltahotel
22nd Oct 2021, 12:35
DHK are keeping a small number of older 757s but the bulk are going to DHA. Substantial number of non UK LEJ based pilots moving across.

EAM
23rd Oct 2021, 07:01
DHL Air Austria will operate the 18 757 based in Leipzig, 170 Leipzig based pilots will move across.
I assume there will be a need of pilots in late 2022, T&Cs do to exist yet for any new contracts.

zerograv
23rd Oct 2021, 12:27
So whats the advantage of Austria over Germany ? Taxes, a easier CAA ?
At the end of the day the operation will continue in LEJ, or is it going to move to Austria ?

EAM
23rd Oct 2021, 13:00
Will stay in Leipzig. What are the advantages, ask DHL. I guess to set up an AOC is easier and quicker with Austro Control than with the LBA.

Banana Joe
23rd Oct 2021, 18:51
There are two other big non-Austrian operators in Europe with their aircraft registered in Austria. Austro Control has become popular also in the flight training industry because of the ease to work with them.

MostAnnoying
13th Dec 2021, 04:53
Hello folks. Recently received an email from Interpersonal that my application has been reviewed and fulfills all the requirements. After that it said that candidates who will be invited for an assessment will be notified within the next few weeks. Anyone else had the same and might know more?

MostAnnoying
17th Jan 2022, 16:08
Anybody been invited to BQ?

Aih20
18th Jan 2022, 20:10
BQ done last December and succeeded !...now waiting

rudestuff
19th Jan 2022, 08:35
Anybody been invited to BQ?
No BBQs until the summer mate 😜

MostAnnoying
19th Jan 2022, 09:15
BQ done last December and succeeded !...now waiting
waiting for sim or for start date?

Aih20
20th Jan 2022, 05:58
Well, waiting for the next step...sim or interview. Dont know how it follows.

rudestuff
20th Jan 2022, 09:46
If it follows the DHK model, then group interview, group problem solving, Company knowledge test (ESD, 1969 etc), ATPL test and a maths test. Pass that and you're invited back for individual interview and SIM assessment.

Aih20
20th Jan 2022, 10:27
Thanks for the info, however, ATPL test and math test again?!!

MostAnnoying
20th Jan 2022, 13:02
I spoke with interpersonal a few days ago.
- BQ
- SIM (Leipzig/Hamburg)
- CQ

That’s it!

the BQ consists of numerous tests which are sampled and you can practice viabSkyTest.

MostAnnoying
20th Jan 2022, 13:58
If it follows the DHK model, then group interview, group problem solving, Company knowledge test (ESD, 1969 etc), ATPL test and a maths test. Pass that and you're invited back for individual interview and SIM assessment.

where did hear its on DHL model? I’ve heard from interpersonal something similar to DHL/EAT. Maybe they mixed up

rudestuff
20th Jan 2022, 14:19
The first word was 'If'...😜

MostAnnoying
20th Jan 2022, 15:00
The first word was 'If'...😜
ahhh sorry! Misread it

Hublot
21st Jan 2022, 08:02
Anyone know what was in the BQ tests?
usually the operators pick from a bunch of different tests, not all from eg sky test.

I did the bq for Eurowings years ago and fell 1 question short on the atpl questions.

does dhl Austria include ATPL questions aswell ? ( worst part for anyone not straight out of flight school )

also do you guys know if they do the tests from home due to covid?

Aih20
21st Jan 2022, 12:17
December used to be on line.
ATPL questions incl. 30 of them. Maths and memory exercises, the worst for me.

Hublot
22nd Jan 2022, 09:38
December used to be on line.
ATPL questions incl. 30 of them. Maths and memory exercises, the worst for me.

jesus , time to brush up on atpl.

MostAnnoying
22nd Jan 2022, 13:57
What I’ve heard is, is that it’s a test on averages. So if your score is higher than average, you pass. The average on ATPL can be lower due to the fact that loads of people have been working since flight school and the knowledge of the theory isn’t as good as during flight training. Not too much to worry!

Hublot
23rd Jan 2022, 08:36
What I’ve heard is, is that it’s a test on averages. So if your score is higher than average, you pass. The average on ATPL can be lower due to the fact that loads of people have been working since flight school and the knowledge of the theory isn’t as good as during flight training. Not too much to worry!
Thank you , that alleviates some pressure.

anyone else that’s been to bq and can share some info, would be highly appreciated.

rudestuff
23rd Jan 2022, 14:03
And for the older guys: what the hell is BQ?

MostAnnoying
23rd Jan 2022, 18:34
And for the older guys: what the hell is BQ?

Basic Qualification. In my opinion it’s not “Basic Qualification” but more directed towards “Are you not incompetent”. They test numerous things regarding Memory, English, Maths and Spacial Orientation. Approximately 8 to 10 different tests over a span of 3-4 hours.

rudestuff
23rd Jan 2022, 19:07
Wow, what will they think of next? Is that standardised across the industry?

EAM
23rd Jan 2022, 19:57
It is part of the psychological assessment which is an EASA requirement since Feb. 2021.

MostAnnoying
24th Jan 2022, 01:45
It is part of the psychological assessment which is an EASA requirement since Feb. 2021.

i don’t fully believe this is part of the mandatory psychological assessment that is required. You are referring to the mandatory psychological assessment which should be performed by a certified psychologist. This wil be done during the interview, if I’m correct. These are just some tests they do to see if you have “skills” that are coupled to flying.

EAM
24th Jan 2022, 07:34
This is what is required in the psychological assessment, I assume some of it is done in the BQ, but I don't know what the BQ contains.
It might be done at a later stage, but its not just the interview, it usually contains some group exercises, mathematic calculations and a few other tests.

Cognitive abilities
Personality traits
Operational and professional competencies
Social competences in accordance with crew resource management principles

Alrosa
24th Jan 2022, 16:37
In the past , if you had previously passed the BQ stage of an assessment, the result remained valid for any future applications . Not sure if Interpersonal are still doing that.

MostAnnoying
5th Feb 2022, 05:58
Anybody who has passed BQ and heard about further rounds already?

Hublot
6th Feb 2022, 12:42
Well my question has anyone been invited to Bq after new year ? Afaik they are looking now and deciding who to bring in for the bq. I would be surprised if people are already beyond BQ.

MostAnnoying
6th Feb 2022, 15:29
Well my question has anyone been invited to Bq after new year ? Afaik they are looking now and deciding who to bring in for the bq. I would be surprised if people are already beyond BQ.

i know people who have been invited and have completed it as well ( and passed ) assessments ongoing every week (Tuesday and Thursday).

Foxtrot_Sierra
6th Feb 2022, 16:39

I received two weeks ago the email that I meet all the requirements and they will be deciding in the coming weeks who will be invited for the BQ. Still no date for my assessment and no idea yet how it proceeds after the BQ though...

Hublot
6th Feb 2022, 20:42
i know people who have been invited and have completed it as well ( and passed ) assessments ongoing every week (Tuesday and Thursday).
interesting, I haven’t had any email after the one at the end of Jan saying I fit the bill and they will decide whom to invite in the coming weeks.

I hope they aren’t done inviting.

do you know from these people who attended the BQ if it’s done from home ? If not where is the assessment ?

Aih20
7th Feb 2022, 05:46
Until December BQ was done at home.
And yes they are still calling people for the BQ assessment.

MostAnnoying
11th Feb 2022, 18:43
I did BQ, also online and other friends/colleagues of mine are doing so in the coming days. Recruitment is ongoing if I’m correct. However, am not sure if the amount of pilots they’re looking for.

Hublot
14th Feb 2022, 14:13
I did BQ, also online and other friends/colleagues of mine are doing so in the coming days. Recruitment is ongoing if I’m correct. However, am not sure if the amount of pilots they’re looking for.

total radio silence for me , did you do it from home and what was included?

MostAnnoying
14th Feb 2022, 16:21
total radio silence for me , did you do it from home and what was included?

I did it at home indeed. Unfortunately cannot disclose what was shared as you have to sign for not sharing information regarding the assessment. Look up at DHL/EAT Forum. There are explanations about what comes up in the BQ.

rudestuff
15th Feb 2022, 10:52
Unfortunately cannot disclose what was shared as you have to sign for not sharing information regarding the assessment.
Hmm.. If only there was some kind of anonymous forum to discuss it... 🤔🤔

MostAnnoying
15th Feb 2022, 11:17
Hmm.. If only there was some kind of anonymous forum to discuss it... 🤔🤔

Indeed, enough people have shared information already on the DHL/EAT forum.

Foxtrot_Sierra
28th Feb 2022, 15:13
interesting, I haven’t had any email after the one at the end of Jan saying I fit the bill and they will decide whom to invite in the coming weeks.

I hope they aren’t done inviting.

do you know from these people who attended the BQ if it’s done from home ? If not where is the assessment ?

Any updates from them? I received the same mail but it's been a month a no news...

TMATPL
3rd Mar 2022, 23:04
Any updates from them? I received the same mail but it's been a month a no news...

Hi,

I got the same email saying that they are pleased that I meet the requirements…bla bla…

Does anybody knows about T&C?
Any roughy idea about salary for FO?

cheers

Hublot
4th Mar 2022, 07:19
nothing , total radio silence after that email unfortunately.

EAM
4th Mar 2022, 10:48
So far about 50 people went trough the screening, the first ones will start in April, if you haven't been invited yet, maybe you will at a later stage.
Good luck.

Cloudbunny
6th Mar 2022, 07:44
Indeed, enough people have shared information already on the DHL/EAT forum.

what is the DHL/EAT forum? Any link? I don't find any.

rudestuff
6th Mar 2022, 11:16
what is the DHL/EAT forum? Any link? I don't find any.
Don't bother, EAT is a different company. One of many that fly yellow planes with DHL markings.

A3all
3rd Sep 2022, 09:16
Anyone who did the online BQ with DHL recently,Do you know when they let us know the result/Decision if we actually went to the next round?

Fly.b737
16th Dec 2022, 20:28
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me of what test the BQ for DHL Austria consists of?
I have bought the Sky test BQ-IP, but there are so many tests.
Maybe someone can help me which ones to practice :)

Also anyone has info about the ATPL questions?

Thanks alot my friends.

limahotel
22nd Feb 2023, 15:39
Hi,
I recently passed the BQ and would be very grateful if anyone could give his/hers estimate on how long it takes to get an upgrade (don’t know if previous command experience helps to expedite the process). Also, a rough estimate of FO salary would be appreciated (perhaps via PM if not willing to disclose it on public forum).

EAM
26th Feb 2023, 17:31
If you are looking for a quick command, this is the wrong company. Commands are strictly on seniority list and there are lots of experienced FOs.
Its difficult to give an estimate, but I would say 3-5 years minimum, of course depending on fleet expansion.
FO salary is around 6300-6500€ 14x per year on which 13. and 14. salary is taxed with just 6%, you will end up with around 4200-4500€ net per month,
but you might pay additional tax in your home country, depending where you live.

Fly.b737
4th Apr 2023, 21:07
Hi,

i was wondering if any of you can shine some light on the variable roster, what it looks like and if it is commutable?

thanks for the info, appreciate it.

EAM
6th Apr 2023, 08:46
You usually get 5-7 days on and 3-5 days off, most people do commute.

testpanel
12th Apr 2023, 13:16
Just did 4 on, 2 off….😡🤬

gene88
13th Apr 2023, 12:17
Is there any fixed roster available? Or is only variable?

thank you

P40Warhawk
14th Apr 2023, 00:10
I have friends flying there on the Old DHL UK Contract now flying for DHL Austria.

No more 1 week on 1 week off. Now more like Flexi Roster.

If you live far from LEJ, good luck commuting.

Pay has immensely decreased. It is presented as same pay as old contract, but they wont tell you that you have to fly your guts out to make the same.

No way you can go to Block Roster week on week off and possibility to go part time.

My friends make about 100K before tax as FO's. This was achieved in about 3 to 4 years. Forget about it now with new contracts.

Schedules are tough. Pilots complained about certain rotations because those rotations made them extremely fatigued.

In DHL UK there was an external organisation investigating these rotations on Fatigue. Austrian DHL got rid of that organisation and doing it by themselfes, well, you know what happens then. Its like the butcher rates its own meat.

Lot of fatigued pilots as a result. Even with burn outs etc.

What happens also is that when you expect a certain rotation where you do 2 legs operating and then the last leg deadheading, they change it last minute in operating. Imagine how you feel then.

This info comes directly from my friends flying there.

EAM
15th Apr 2023, 07:17
You should get new friends. :ugh::p:p:p

Skysurfs
21st Apr 2023, 08:30
Anyone have the Terms & Conditions? Would be nice to know before deciding to go through the screening process.

BfrancyFly
9th May 2023, 13:45
@EAM @P40Warhawk

I see that there are some different opinions here about T&C in DHL Austria...

Is it possible to have some real infos about? I have the BQ booked and it's difficult to find updated informations online on roster, pay, possibility to commute, ecc.

Thanks in advance for any input

P40Warhawk
10th May 2023, 12:01
@EAM @P40Warhawk

I see that there are some different opinions here about T&C in DHL Austria...

Is it possible to have some real infos about? I have the BQ booked and it's difficult to find updated informations online on roster, pay, possibility to commute, ecc.

Thanks in advance for any input

Used to be block roster, week on week off. That is not offered anymore. Now working few days, then few days off. So commuting will be a lot harder if you dont really live close to LEJ.

The pay is a lot lower than what it used to be. Exact numbers I dont have, but this is what my friend mentioned to me. You have to work a lot more for the same money.

But if it is your first job, go for it, gain experience.

Good luck.

EAM
11th May 2023, 16:01
First year 56.000€ plus 30€ per Flight Duty Hour, you can expect 700+ Duty Hours per year.

gene88
12th May 2023, 10:47
Is there any difference with the EAT contract on the 757?

deltahotel
12th May 2023, 12:47
Different companies, so probably.

BfrancyFly
14th May 2023, 17:14
Thanks for the update, not first experience but I’m trying to get out a regional

Spirit
15th May 2023, 08:00
Different companies, so probably.

Mind you, deltahotel: DHA seemed to hate anything DHK, while embracing anything EAT, hence the new Austrian contracts do apparently look quite similar to EAT’s LEJ ditto…

deltahotel
15th May 2023, 14:11
Oh ok. We didn’t expect DHK 2.0!

limahotel
16th May 2023, 15:59
EAM
Do you have any info about the annual leave (how many days) and who pays for the accommodation (how many days does one actually spend in LEJ - I assume standbys are in LEJ and you have to pay for the accommodation yourself)? Is there any truth to the rumours about 7/7 and part time becoming reality in the near future? Many thanks!

EAM
19th May 2023, 17:21
New contracts have 35 days/5 weeks of leave. As Leipzig is your home base you have to take care about you accommodation yourself.
Difficult to say how many days you will spend in Leipzig, 3-5 per month, maybe more maybe less.
Part time is in general available, but as we are still quite short with crews at the moment it might take a while until more people can go on part time.
7/7 or similar is not available at the moment and there are no talks about it.

testpanel
19th May 2023, 22:52
7/7 or similar is not available at the moment and there are no talks about it.

So only the flexy girls and guys will go on the 76?

Or are we now misusing/reversing the tupe to please DHA?

EAM
20th May 2023, 08:56
No.
No.

testpanel
20th May 2023, 10:22
Then I can go on a kind of block roster as well?
(IF planning wants……)

limahotel
25th May 2023, 11:40
EAT Thank you very much for all the information! Just a few more questions:
​​​​​Is there a type rating bond?
Does DHL have any deals with hotels (discount for crews) in the vicinity of LEJ (Schkeuditz)?
Are there any technical question during the interview (CQ)?

Thanks, best regards

EAM
25th May 2023, 14:16
At the moment no bond, that might change, hotel discounts are very limited.
No clue about the CQ.

BlueArrow17C
15th Feb 2024, 16:40
Hi everyone! I have my BQ with DHL A. next week. I've read all the previous feedbacks from the beggining of 2023 onwards. Therefore, So as we are in Feb 2024 now :) maybe any news or the same info still valid? , I would like to ask anyone who knows, how many hours would you fly in the firs year with them, and any ideas about monthly salary, maybe also roster options? Cheers, many thanks.

madssd
19th Feb 2024, 15:17
BlueArrow17C I am glad to find someone else who is attending the BQ these weeks!

i have mine in 2 weeks from now, and I am so excited!
i am practising Skytest as well as basic technical knowledge.
Do you mind sharing your experience once you’ve’ been to the test?

best regards!

BlueArrow17C
22nd Feb 2024, 13:37
Today I had the BQ for DL. I can't say exactly detailed because of the confidentiality agreement, but I can say that skytest and latestpilotjobs.com ( eurow subscription) does help to prepare. also be sure to have good short memory and good spatial orientation, as these subjects i found them quite harder. They are easy in the beggining but gets harder and harder. Also the math written test, be sure to be proficient and be able to estime the correct answer as there won't be time to do calculations for all the problems, but to have a guess. For multitasking exercise, read carefully all the instructions before starting, you can loose points for not doing what you are asked to do. Other than that, i can say to be in good shape and stamina, and if chance is on your side, you will be good. Cheers!

pilotjavi1997
22nd Feb 2024, 15:51
Have my DHL BQ 11/03, anyone interested in share/sell the sky test. I am currently studying with latespilotjobs but I would like to complete.
Also any recently feedback is always wellcome thanks a lot for your cooperation

BlueArrow17C
22nd Feb 2024, 19:23
I had the bq assesment. Due to confidentiality agreement i can not say the exact subjects, but i can say that Skytest and latestpilotjobs.com (eurowings subscruption- as guidance) will do the job for preparing. If one wants more brushup for the atpl, i used atplquestions last 200, but the ones from the website mentioned should be enough. There is no time for major calculations neither for the atpl nor for the written math test, so be in good shape and now the theory and you will be fine. What i could recommend is practice the spatial orientation and memory exercises as it gets harder and harder as you advance thru the exercise and you loose points easily. The standards are quite high, so sleep well the night before, be in good shape and strong stamina abd you will be fine. It's quite a fair assesment I would say, so, no need for too much precise information.

pilotjavi1997
26th Feb 2024, 17:31
Would you be interested on sell the skytest. Thanks in adavance

madssd
13th Mar 2024, 00:43
I had the bq assesment. Due to confidentiality agreement i can not say the exact subjects, but i can say that Skytest and latestpilotjobs.com (eurowings subscruption- as guidance) will do the job for preparing. If one wants more brushup for the atpl, i used atplquestions last 200, but the ones from the website mentioned should be enough. There is no time for major calculations neither for the atpl nor for the written math test, so be in good shape and now the theory and you will be fine. What i could recommend is practice the spatial orientation and memory exercises as it gets harder and harder as you advance thru the exercise and you loose points easily. The standards are quite high, so sleep well the night before, be in good shape and strong stamina abd you will be fine. It's quite a fair assesment I would say, so, no need for too much precise information.

This is basically the way to go!
Be good, practise with Skytest and focus on the test while you’re at it.
I would recommend studying a bit of ATPL while you’re at it, as it helps in one of the tests.
Personally, I read “Ace the Pilot Technical Interview”

BlueArrow17C - Please PM me if you would like to share further information! :) - Your inbox is full

BR

Lukasz K.
14th Mar 2024, 22:34
Hi,
Has anyone who passed the BQ been invited to the next stages?
Regards