PDA

View Full Version : Atlas Air Soon To Hiire !

Perf Init
22nd Aug 2002, 22:19
Word today is that all recalls have been made and Atlas Air will soon hire .:):) :)

Loadmastertje
24th Aug 2002, 09:10
Can you gif me a mail adress for Atlas. I will send my full CV to them. Thanks in advance.

AK200Guy
27th Aug 2002, 16:33
Hmm,
I am sitting in the training center in MIA and the only hiring that I have heard about is some guys/gals that resigned their positions to go delta/united/continental and are now on furlough. I think there are three of them here now and three more in next week or so.
Good luck though...

lefrancaoui
29th Aug 2002, 18:25
I think our friend means AACS in STN ?????

CR2
29th Aug 2002, 19:15
Thought AACS didn't exist anymore..ok renamed to GSS. Did I hear a little dicky bird tell me that Mr MB is no longer with GSS...Do I get the impression that GSS is going to be wound up? Interesting times.
This is a rumour network; I don't work for any variation of 5Y/AACS/GSS. Just grapevine stuff, so perfectly ok if someone tells me its all a lot of ......
Edit : forgot a bit b4 I posted. Did I hear that a certain provider of ground services may also be given the order of the boot? Same disclaimer as above ref rumours, grapevine etc.

ironbutt57
29th Aug 2002, 19:30
thru a mate at atlas...it is mainline..though no details available

74world
30th Aug 2002, 10:37
Hi Cargorat2,

Not quite correct your statement about AACS, this company is still own 100% par Atlas, GSS is a British company.

GSS is only operating the BA contract with their 2nd 400 due in September.

Atlas air has recalled all furlough pilots and are now accepting CV from pilots.
The plan is to employ 90 pilots very soon for the States, AACS needs to employ 40 F/O, mainly for the 400 (TNT).......

By the way since last month (ALPA contract), AACS is part of the big "family", in fact STN has become Atlas 5th base, Polar is now the enemy:D

Cheers

what_goes_up
30th Aug 2002, 14:35
hi 74world, it's me again!
any idea on how to apply for an F/O job in STN? Any web-site or e-mail?
TKS for infos

ironbutt57
30th Aug 2002, 18:43
ALPO go figure...one day a scab...next day a saviour:confused: :confused: :confused:

Avius
31st Aug 2002, 14:55
Does Atlas mainline require pilots to be a US citizen these days or is Greencard and Typerating OK ???

Cheers

Saturn
31st Aug 2002, 20:55
Is it me or has Atlas stopped painting there aircraft? Some -300's at JFK, Maybe Polar aircraft now and I keep seing a -400 at LAX with no Atlas Air on it. Just the blue paint. Just curious.

flite idol
16th Sep 2002, 02:21
Not sure about Atlas but Polar recently added the stipulation to their career/pilot section of the web site that you must be an American citizen to apply! Some interesting spelling and grammar there too!

Yossarian
18th Sep 2002, 06:59
Where in the world do Atlas base their crew? Is it a decent outfit to work for?

WhaleDriver
19th Sep 2002, 16:09
Atlas has 5 bases. MIA, JFK, LAX and ANC in the USA. The fifth is in STN to service both AACS and GSS (so many letters, so little time????). The AACS folks can straighten out how the AACS and GSS are going, and how their doing that as well, I'm not privy to that.

GSS is the 51% owned by a Brit operation to service the BA contract. AACS is the European base for Atlas flying. I'll leave it at that.

Hope this helps.

Avius
20th Sep 2002, 01:44
Just talked to them last week. For the time being, they are not hiring new pilots. They only re-hired some of their former pilots, who are now on furlough from the majors and require only minimal training for employment.

If anybody knows something different, I'd be thankful for input.

regards

liquidhockey
21st Sep 2002, 11:31
Where do Atlas air operate from?
Do they operate to or from Manchester?
Cheers
Dave

74world
23rd Sep 2002, 15:24
Hi, we use to operate to and from Manchester on behalf of Dragonair but not since they have bought their own A/Cs....

Cheers