PDA

View Full Version : Driving Endorsements

Patsy 001
12th Mar 2001, 15:56
I was stopped by the local constabulary on Saturday afternoon and the result is I am now the proud owner of some penalty points for speeding - what effect does this have on any application I make for sponsorship?

Any comments?

Harves
12th Mar 2001, 16:09
I am afraid that I have far worse!! Although I do not know for certain, I suspect that there would be very few candidates and pilots come to that if it were a factor.

GJB
12th Mar 2001, 16:50
I am sure I was 'flashed' over the ton at the weekend.

It's a nervous wait, as I will surely be summoned and receive a ban; I have a previous conviction. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Harves
12th Mar 2001, 17:13
Bad luck GJB, lets hope the camera was out of film.

and the chap said
12th Mar 2001, 18:22
I hear that many of them don't have film in them, so fingers crossed for you GJB.

I was flashed last year (ahem...by a camera, by the way) as I crossed the white line of a red light. It was at that awkward moment where it went from orange to red as I was crossing. Lucky for me, I found out later that there was no film as nothing seemed to transpire from the incident.

Unfortunately, it was not the best start to a tricky day. My Destination - Cranebank, for TEP aptitudes. "That's all I need today", I thought. Fortunately, I kept my cool and did okay that day.

Looking back it makes me laugh!
ATCS

Sagey
12th Mar 2001, 18:25
GJB if u don't get anything within 14 days, they cannot legally take it any further. I got flashed a few months back and looked into how long it takes em to send that letter out etc. In the end I got nothing, so fingers crossed for you

Sagey

GJB
12th Mar 2001, 19:00
Here's hoping....

Thanks for the support - I will be counting the days away.

MikeSierra
12th Mar 2001, 19:39
Patsy,

I think this topic was covered about a year ago..somebody asked the same question...and it turned out that loads of people had a penalty mostly for speeding (including me).
However,I have sent applications in for a few sponsorships and it has never caused a problem.
One opinion says that a speeding ticket might be viewed positively as you're trying to get somewhere...or something like that..but I don't know...
GJB...good luck mate..fingers crossed for you mate.. :)

------------------
G-XX...finals and hopefully land!

Ferrari
12th Mar 2001, 19:44
I agree with Mike. I've got points for speeding, but that didn't stop me from succeeding with BA.

Blindside
12th Mar 2001, 23:02
Just expect the interview question...

If you are such a law abiding citizen/ believe in rules and regulations etc..etc...etc.. why have you got a conviction for speeding???

The way the motorist is targetted these days, I would expect the vast majority of normal people will have at least one fixed penalty on their licence in the future.

Welcome to the club.

Cheers