PDA

View Full Version : Prospect Trade Union open discussion invite

marvo999
18th Oct 2021, 18:10
I was sent this today and might be worth dialling into, seems to be open to members and non members......

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/prospect-in-the-aviation-industry-why-being-a-member-matters-tickets-184808957567

Tom Sawyer
22nd Oct 2021, 00:00
From my view as a Licensed Engineer, they haven't done much for us. Don't seem to have much engagement with EASA/CAA. to get regulatory issues raised. Only any good for personal workplace protections if you need legal advice or your employer recognises collective bargaining etc.

Seems that the resurrected ALAE (2021) died a death as well.

alae2021bm5
24th Oct 2021, 21:01
Tom, not dead but not far off.

There just was not the interest.

HOVIS
24th Oct 2021, 21:15
The ALAE is a branch within Prospect. It was the only way it could survive. Most LAEs want the ALAE to work but because the UK's largest airline refused to recognise them it had no chance. BMI and FlyBe were the only major companies to deal with them.

alae2021bm5
24th Oct 2021, 21:20
Hovis, easyJet have a Prospect recognition agreement.

I wish "most LAE's" would engage.

alae2021bm5
26th Oct 2021, 17:30
Q.E.D, no?

"Prospect is a Trade Union which has the legal right to represent many peoples jobs in Aviation Industry - from Air Traffic Controllers and Data Analysts to Mechanical Engineers, Baggage Handlers and everything in between. If you work in the Aviation Industry and want to protect your terms and condition, as well as support your colleagues, then this talk is for you.

The talk looks to showcase what we have achieved for our existing members and talks about why everyone should be a member of a Trade Union in the workplace. Our looks to cover:

Who are Prospect and why does membership matter
Who we represent in the Aviation Industry, and what is our history there
What has happened in the last 2 years
What Prospect has achieved recently for you
Our goals and plans for the future

Join in our open talk to hear about why being part of Prospect is good for you and your colleagues."

Firstly, which one of the professions covers you?

boeing_eng
1st Nov 2021, 18:24
Unless LAE's are prepared to stick together as group and act together, a Union won't achieve much!

I've seen it time and time again where a few are prepared to go "off piste" to gain financial or career advantages (and of course Management lap it up!)
Pilots do generally manage to look after themselves (but it'll never happen with LAE's)