PDA

View Full Version : Huawei MediaPad T3 not connecting to Samsung Galaxy S10

rusty sparrow
14th Oct 2021, 16:38
I've been using Skydemon on a Huawei MediaPad T3 for a couple of years and connecting to a wifi hotspot on a Huawei Honor Mobile. Now I've moved a Samsung S10 Mobile, the MediaPad doesn't see that wifi hotspot although my laptop does. I can't find any help on the web. Anyone got any ideas?

netstruggler
18th Oct 2021, 10:17
I've been using Skydemon on a Huawei MediaPad T3 for a couple of years and connecting to a wifi hotspot on a Huawei Honor Mobile. Now I've moved a Samsung S10 Mobile, the MediaPad doesn't see that wifi hotspot although my laptop does. I can't find any help on the web. Anyone got any ideas?
More information on the WiFi hotspot would help.

Maybe it's 5GHz only and the media pad only recognises 2.4GHz (or vice versa)
Maybe it's unsecured and the device is configured to ignore unsafe connections.
Maybe the WiFi hotspot doesn't broadcast its SSID and your older devices already know it somehow. You could copy the hotspot name manually and see if that works.

HTH

FullOppositeRudder
18th Oct 2021, 23:29
I'm sure you've been through all the basics of setting up the S10 as a hotspot, but here is a guide from Vodaphone for the S10. Perhaps their perspective on the same process could assist...

https://devices.vodafone.com.au/samsung/galaxy-s10-android-9-0/connectivity/use-your-phone-as-wi-fi-hotspot/

I'd also be checking out what the "Show advanced options" button could reveal as well.

(I'm puzzled why the "Wi-Fi sharing option is set to <off> in step 13 and others, but then I'm frequently puzzled by the logic used in some of these modern gadgets)

jimjim1
20th Oct 2021, 22:27
(I'm puzzled why the "Wi-Fi sharing option is set to <off> in step 13

I imagine that this would allow you to use the S10 to connect to the internet with WiFi (not 3/4/5G mobile broadband) and then allow other devices to connect to the S10 (and possibly each other) using WiFi.

You could thereby use the S10 as a kind of range extender. Or have a Laptop and printer happily chit-chatting via the S10 while retaining Internet access too. Not the craziest idea ever.

To connect another device to the internet via the S10 it is not needed.

FullOppositeRudder
21st Oct 2021, 07:51
Thanks JJ1, My mobile phone is pretty ancient (like the owner) and I simply hadn't seen that option on anything I've come across. Apparently it's not something I'll need any time soon ... This board continues to be a very useful source of information.