PDA

View Full Version : Phenom G-MTOY

Akrotiri bad boy
8th Oct 2021, 14:29
Akro Towers has been buzzed a few times this week by Phenom G-MTOY. The aircraft appears to be ex Cranwell and follows the usual military route through the Yorkshire Dales at 1200ft. Is this Phenom operating as an additional military asset or is the owner just having a scenic ride home to the IOM?
Thanks in advance

DaveReidUK
8th Oct 2021, 14:57
I don't think you mean G-MTOY - that's a microlight.

treadigraph
8th Oct 2021, 15:27
It'll be M-YTOY I should think...

SimonPaddo
8th Oct 2021, 15:33
It’s in and out of EGLF on a regular basis, so with no further option would say a scenic route home, but stand to be corrected.

Akrotiri bad boy
8th Oct 2021, 15:47
Thank you for correcting me Tredders. It is indeed the Manx registered Phenom M-YTOY. :O

DaveReidUK
8th Oct 2021, 17:41
That's strange - wasn't M-YTOY cancelled from the Manx register in 2016 ?

Has the registration been re-used, or have I stumbled into some kind of time-warp ? :O

JustAnotherVictim
8th Oct 2021, 18:33
Are you watching on FR24? The default picture for a Phenom on FR24 is a drawing of M-YTOY.

treadigraph
8th Oct 2021, 19:10
Ahhh, that is indeed a porridge of a different flavour. Assume aircraft carries a ZM33* serial then...

Akrotiri, use ADSB Exchange and you'll probably see it is indeed an RAF toy. I don't use FR24 much these days, but do recall returns that were identified as a Phenom but not the reg, had the image as mentioned above.