PDA

View Full Version : Radio Q

JustARando137
6th Oct 2021, 01:50
Hey everyone,

I come baring a very very very bizarre question;

I was just wondering if anyone had access to the Radio Q theme tune? For those perhaps unfamiliar with it, it was part of Qantas’ inflight entertainment system (at least back in 2015 when I flew on both the A380 and A330), but has since ceased to exist.

Normally between songs, it played randomly; much like how normal ‘on the ground’ radio stations have their own tune that plays between advertisements and songs.

I understand it’s a strange thing to ask for, but it brings great nostalgia even thinking about it.

Ascend Charlie
6th Oct 2021, 19:04
This is similar to something i have looked for - Ansett planes would have a little video running while the pax were boarding and waiting for the safety brief.

It had music, and scenes of people on holidays at various locations, beaches, mountains, city streets, scuba etc. While watching it, it occurred to me that a soundtrack of farts would make the video quite funny, different sounds for different locations, even blowing bubbles underwater. My travelling companion wondered why I was chuckling at the video.

Qanchor
6th Oct 2021, 23:53
I like where you're going with this Charlie :)

RENURPP
6th Oct 2021, 23:56
Have you tried iTunes?
I typed in Qantas and there are some of the boarding "songs" in there.

cattletruck
7th Oct 2021, 00:44
I believe the correct term for this genre is called "we're all gonna die" music.

AerialPerspective
7th Oct 2021, 01:54
Hey everyone,

I come baring a very very very bizarre question;

I was just wondering if anyone had access to the Radio Q theme tune? For those perhaps unfamiliar with it, it was part of Qantas’ inflight entertainment system (at least back in 2015 when I flew on both the A380 and A330), but has since ceased to exist.

Normally between songs, it played randomly; much like how normal ‘on the ground’ radio stations have their own tune that plays between advertisements and songs.

I understand it’s a strange thing to ask for, but it brings great nostalgia even thinking about it.

Not bizarre at all, I remember travelling a lot on QF in the 90s especially and they used to have a similar scene playing on video and I believe the soundtrack was an instrumental version one of a well known Australian band's songs but I could never quite put my finger on what it was......

A similar story was I really liked the music that Channel 7 used to use for the Golf ("the legend continues was the voice over") in the 90s. It took me nearly 30 years to find it, it was a kind of a march but anyone who ever watched the golf back then would recognise it. It wasn't until 'SoundHound' (app) came along that I was able to play enough snippets of old golf footage on YouTube and discover it was called "Send them Victorious" by an obscure British composer.

Perhaps a YouTube search to find a sample of it then use something like SoundHound to try and find it????

Bleve
9th Oct 2021, 21:26
Is it ‘Atlas’ by Daniel Johns (Silverchair)?

C441
9th Oct 2021, 21:55
Is it ‘Atlas’ by Daniel Johns (Silverchair)?
I quite like Daniel Johns and Silverchair (reminds me of a bar/cafe in Melbourne!) but that piece of music, especially when listening to it for some time whilst 'on hold', is mind-numbing.

Tangosierra
10th Oct 2021, 02:37
Hey C441, if I recall correctly that was one of the crap tunes they played on the staff travel phone system while on hold, before the website was up and running?
Two or more hours on hold to list on a flight as a commuter? I used to call it " The Five More Ton of Fuel Song!" !! :*:ugh:
Kind regards

JustARando137
10th Oct 2021, 04:06
Wow, thanks for reaching out and responding everyone. I appreciate it!

I should point out though that this tune I was inquiring about isn’t a song you’d find somewhere - I’m pretty sure it was something Qantas had made itself. It only lasted for a few seconds and usually played in between songs. If anyone has had any luck with Qantas releasing things like this then let me know how you managed to do it as I feel it might be the only way.

pommy80
3rd Nov 2021, 04:12
Not sure if it is on there, however Qantas just released multiple playlists on Apple music. Might be worth checking it out.