PDA

View Full Version : Air Arabia & Alpha Aviation Academy after Covid.

APilotX
19th Sep 2021, 17:40
Hey guys, I just recently came to know that ABY made some cadet pilots (Alpha Cadets) work as cabin crew for 6 months, luring them into fake Seniority and Certain Salary ( got less flying 100 hours), and once the period is over they forced them to work indefinitely because they are short of cabin crew, is that true ?

Superboomer
5th Nov 2021, 19:28
Yes that is true. A lot of Cadets showed up and some were selected. They were promised a salary of about 11 000 (excluding hours/benefits) and they really emphasized on getting a staff ID number which will help them in their seniority but I don’t know if that is BS or real. Obviously for a cadet who is paid nothing for the past 3-4 years and will be paid 2000 DHS for his first year+ as a TANGO this amount is desirable.

The contract was 3 months with a possibility of of extension if the Cadet would like to and he can continue his training while getting special rostering so it does not clash with his training hours according to what I heard they were told.

I heard some of those cadets have been held up for more than 3 months. Some who already finished their training completely and are waiting for their 1500 hours.

pfvspnf
8th Nov 2021, 12:07
They should combine the line flying and cabin crew duties together , work on the coffee and tea skills after doing take off.

flyhigh787
24th Dec 2021, 01:47
3-4 years is pretty long and now get offered as a cabin crew? Wow

AnonymousCadet54
23rd Feb 2022, 12:49
This is the latest in depth and honest review you’ll find on here. If you’re expecting to go to a normal university where you get VIP treatment for paying a huge sum, then you’re wrong. First of all, everything aside, this is not what you would expect in an academic institution, but rather, find yourself in a corporate world regardless of your age or gender. Here, you do as you are told, your life belongs to the academy and only to the academy. Initially you will be treated fairly as you still haven’t paid the full amount yet, but as closer you get to paying the full amount, then you have basically lost your voice and your place to make decisions on your behalf. To my understanding, they are trying to simulate a real airline environment, but the airline environment that they have ties with (Air Arabia) are much much better than alpha’s. They can ask you to come in at any time, ask you to make an excessive payment at anytime, ask you to sign any documents at anytime and they make these things mandatory, and sometimes even punishable if not followed. If you question their policies or decisions or even share your concern about certain issues, you get slapped with a warning letter. And as soon as you recieve that first warning letter, you are under their surveillance. They will watch your every step even though it is a childish thing to do in a professional way environment. And by every step, i mean at times they want to know where you are, what you are doing. Other examples include invasion of your personal matters, and as absurd as that sounds they have the power to blackmail you with pausing or terminating you for not sharing your personal matters. And everything is gonna cost you , AED 100 for bonafide, AED 100 for NOC and forced updation of uniforms that costs another few hundred, most basic insurance plan overpriced at AED 1500, 1 year Visa Renewal overpriced at AED 1500. And these are things that are mandatory, like you can’t continue your training without paying these amounts. A while back, the cadets where made to sign a document where they couldn’t be transparent about alpha’s certain matters to the outside. And yeah, being sick, try not be, you’ll make your life more miserable. There is no sense of belonging there, no matter how many years or how many hundred thousand dirhams you have spent. You are alpha property who shall do as what you are told. Keep in mind, as soon as you walk through those glass doors with your newly given Alpha ID (Which is another 100 dirhams) which is another mandatory payment, you are enslaved by alpha. Your decisions, your privacy, your weekend plans, your family vacation, your hard earned money, is all basically controlled by alpha. All these good reviews are external coming from people who have just started off, or have only heard about alpha. For all these reasons, you will not see a public bad review of alpha because the cadets fear they will be subjected to severe consequences and even termination. The cadets have spent way too much of their parent’s hard earned money and even taken out loans, so obviously, those factors affects a cadet’s mental state of not being able to do anything about the unfairness because of fear.What’s the use of a student’s affairs officer if they don’t really know what is going on with the cadets. Everyone is tired of the unfair treatment but they have no choice. Any cadets close to completion will say these words, “I can’t wait till i get out of alpha”.

toga.320
4th Apr 2022, 01:12
And now this useless management gonna change the name to "t3 academy". Wow. Management is organizing football match, cricket match, squash match, they're calling motivational speakers, weekly philosophy class. They will do everything in the world other than what they're paid for.

avstudent
11th Sep 2023, 12:00
Hello everyone,

I want to know what's the current situation at T3 Aviation Academy like.
I'm seriously considering enrolling in their MPL program sometime this year and want to gain insight from some of their current students/alumni who have graduated recently. Also, how long does it realistically take to complete the whole program? What are the job scenes like after the completion of 1500 hours?