PDA

View Full Version : Home Quarantine for Aircrew

Jet Jockey
18th Sep 2021, 02:45
I see from the news that Qantas International Crew are about to or already trialing a facial geotagging App that will allow crew to home quarantine for a reduced 7 days instead of the current 14.. Could anyone allude to how the home isolate works with respective family members.
Also are the 7days home isolation requirement taken as part of your eba days off a month or in addition to your days off in a roster period?

Beer Baron
18th Sep 2021, 11:33
It’s outlined here (https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/air-transportation-guidelines.aspx) for NSW crew.
If you are sharing your home with others, you must:

remain separated from others and sleep in a separate bedroom
wear a surgical mask if it is necessary to be in the same room as another person (even if they are also in isolation)
use a separate bathroom, if available. If not available, ensure the bathroom is thoroughly cleaned with a household disinfectant between uses.
avoid shared or communal areas and wear a surgical mask if it is necessary to move through these areas
not be in a room with people who are at risk of severe disease, such as elderly people, immunocompromised people, and those who have heart, lung or kidney conditions, or diabetes.

You cannot self-isolate at home if a member of your household is a 'designated worker.' This means someone who is a registered health practitioner, works in a public or private hospital or residential care facility, or is an NDIS worker. If a member of your household is a designated worker, you will need to quarantine in a government quarantine facility.

Ladloy
18th Sep 2021, 11:48
I loved the Q captain on tele the other night complaining about 60 odd days in quarantine. Mate at least you're working.

compressor stall
18th Sep 2021, 11:56
60 days? Is that all? :ouch:

Plenty doing more than that. And not at home either. 😪

Bluntendboy
18th Sep 2021, 14:28
Few, if any, in aviation have completely escaped the scourge of COVID. Everyone has a tail of woe to tell. Unemployed or employed, it has been tough.

For those who found themselves unemployed, the loss of income and financial security brings with it significant levels of stress and hardship, particularly with a family to support. Also,the personal pride in doing a job that most of us hold as a passion is also a bitter pill to swallow and with much of our identity tied in with our work, losing that connection with flying is a huge loss for many of us.

Like-wise with being 'lucky' to remain employed, that has not been an easy undertaking either. Whilst I have spent nearly 18 months on a roughly equal time pattern in and out of strict quarantine, I am not about to say that my 230-240 days of being quarantined is harder than what the 60 day Qantas guy endured. It is all relative and it is all hard. I am personally fortunate that I have kept my offshore gig however it has come at a hefty price working 4/4 and 6/6 tours locked down in strict quarantine, separated from a young family with no end in sight, dealing with local border authorities acting like pigs etc etc. More recently, my time off was spent in lock down with home schooling and family illness. Not a lot of fun in anyone's book!

Home quarantine might not work for me or others, but if it is an option for some I would support it.

kellykelpie
18th Sep 2021, 22:59
I loved the Q captain on tele the other night complaining about 60 odd days in quarantine. Mate at least you're working.

Just come out of another quarantine. Not a lot of fun. Can’t exercise, see friends, walk the dog or go to the shops. I can’t quarantine at home most of the time so that adds another complication. Losing your job sucks (I lost mine in Ansett) but making light of home iso/quarantine is ridiculous.

C441
19th Sep 2021, 01:39
What is completely ridiculous in the whole quarantine ambiguity is that a returning crew member is more likely to be infected in hotel quarantine than at home or in the community. The likelihood of them infecting anyone else at the end of a trip is less than them infecting someone if they'd stayed home and passed on a community cluster.

Maybe that's it. The various benevolent state governments are doing the crew a service by removing them from the opportunity to become infected in their home community after they've followed strict isolation protocols whilst at work. It's not about the crew being a danger too the community at all, but in fact the other way around. :rolleyes:

Scooter Rassmussin
19th Sep 2021, 02:13
So the Vaccine is not the answer then , the whole Quarantine should only be for the unvaccinated .
There is no doubt the cabin crew will catch COVID on international flights and more than likely pass it onto pilots during flight .
if your vaccine protected then what’s the big deal , many in the community will be wandering around knowingly or unknowingly with the virus anyway. This is called living with the virus as the government is organising.

morno
19th Sep 2021, 20:44
So the Vaccine is not the answer then , the whole Quarantine should only be for the unvaccinated .
There is no doubt the cabin crew will catch COVID on international flights and more than likely pass it onto pilots during flight .
if your vaccine protected then what’s the big deal , many in the community will be wandering around knowingly or unknowingly with the virus anyway. This is called living with the virus as the government is organising.

Because until the number of vaccinated people in the community reaches acceptable levels, the risk of spreading the virus to the unvaccinated remains high.

neville_nobody
20th Sep 2021, 01:35
Because until the number of vaccinated people in the community reaches acceptable levels, the risk of spreading the virus to the unvaccinated remains high.

But what's an a acceptable number? As the age brackets decrease the number of people we need to vaccinate increases. So we're going to bankrupt the country while we wait for everyone to be vaccinated from a virus that probably isn't going to kill anyone under 20? Honestly enough is enough. If you are that scared of this you take personal responsibility and stay home. Meanwhile I would like to get back to work and alot of businesses and the majority of the population would like to get on with life.

We need to stop being scared of all these ridiculous scenarios that may or may not eventuate and just get on with life. Even if we spent more on some covid hospitals response it will still be better than burning the entire country to the ground economically. If this is still going like it is in 12 months noone is going to care about covid as the economic reality is going to hit and hit hard. Airlines will go bankrupt. People forced to sell houses lose careers and savings. You cannot shut down economies for 3 years it just doesn't work. The country has had 2+ years to prepare. That is enough.

morno
20th Sep 2021, 11:39
Oh I completely agree with you, I’m not saying it’s a good plan, but it’s the one we’re stuck with.

Apparently 80% of the eligible population over 12 is the magic number. For most states anyway, this week, without a looming election…..

Koizi
18th Oct 2021, 22:13
I felt this topic needed a bump, particularly for those subject to quaratine/iso in Victoria.

With good reason, NSW crew are celebrating the end of crew quarantine, however the situation in Victoria seems to be going from harsh to outright absurd.

Should there be no amendments to the easing of various restrictions announced this week, come November, an international returned traveler can arrive in Sydney, transit to Melbourne and walk around with complete freedom.
Meanwhile, a returned IFAM crew member who land in Melbourne will still be subject to 14 days quarantine/iso.

The state has also announced a reduction in isolation for confirmed PCC down to seven days from next Friday.
So now even confirmed close contacts of covid will spend less time locked up than returning freighter crews.

We are the only group of workers to not yet have a positive case (since April 2020) but no easing of restrictions has occurred in nearly 12 months.

Out of interest, the rolling monthly total (since 18th Sept inclusive) for cases in Victoria separated by place of origin, as of this morning was:

Overseas: 1
Community: 42,275

With a weekly cap of 500 arrivals and an estimate population in Melbourne of 5.1m, that's still shows an over 17 times greater chance of finding covid in the community than in a returned traveler.

The department is currently so busy dealing with the community outbreak that crew aren't getting any verbal or physical checkups anymore, merely a generic daily SMS.
Seems the wardens have abandoned the prison but taken the keys with them.
Hopefully there will be some changes announced shortly but I'm not holding my breath.

halfmoon
19th Oct 2021, 04:08
I'm curious about vaccinated international flight crew arriving into Sydney after November 1st. Seems absolutely insane to keep them in quarantine after that date. Any news on this?

Keg
19th Oct 2021, 06:13
Koizi, was talking to a colleague about just your situation earlier today. Whilst we were talking about QLD but your Victorian example is virtually identical.

Victoria has shown over the last couple of months that they’re essentially a month behind NSW in terms of the way they deal with things. So perhaps in the next month or so you might see some changes. Anyway I know QF is aware of it and working on a solution as are others. Half moon, it seems that from 1 November vaccinated foreign air crew will be free to move around NSW on arrival. No more iso for them. I’ve not seen it said explicitly but given they’re happy to take international tourists from that date (not withstanding the feds saying locals first) I can’t see why they’d lock up the crew.

Derfred
19th Oct 2021, 12:01
Should there be no amendments to the easing of various restrictions announced this week, come November, an international returned traveler can arrive in Sydney, transit to Melbourne and walk around with complete freedom.

Nope. You still need a permit to transit to Melbourne, and I doubt you’ll get one as a recently arrived returnee from OS.

But as Keg points out, VIC seems to be following the “open up” strategy, but they are a few weeks behind NSW in vaccinations. I would expect VIC to go iso-free inbound before too long. At the rate things are going, it is only taking about 2 weeks to get from 70% to 80%. (And then only another couple of weeks to 90% - I must say that I’m impressed by that. It’s quite possible that both Sydney and Melbourne will be close to 95% vaxxed by Christmas, with maybe some regional parts of each state a bit lower. Aussie Aussie!).

Koizi
19th Oct 2021, 19:24
Nope. You still need a permit to transit to Melbourne, and I doubt you’ll get one as a recently arrived returnee from OS.
“Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, Brett Sutton, said on Tuesday that NSW would no longer be classified as a “red zone” (https://www.theage.com.au/link/follow-20170101-p5913r).

This means that from 11.59pm on Tuesday night, fully vaccinated people – including people recently returned from overseas – can travel with a permit from all parts of NSW into Victoria without having to isolate on arrival or get tested for COVID-19.”

markis10
19th Oct 2021, 21:05
We are the only group of workers to not yet have a positive case (since April 2020) but no easing of restrictions has occurred in nearly 12 months.

There’s been a few, most recently a Heavilift pilot and a Qantas pilot in the past few weeks, both in Queensland.

Koizi
19th Oct 2021, 21:16
There’s been a few, most recently a Heavilift pilot and a Qantas pilot in the past few weeks, both in Queensland.

To clarify, I’m referring to mainline pilots.
To the best of my knowledge there was a mainline pilot in QLD who returned what was later revealed to be a false positive.

KRviator
19th Oct 2021, 21:17
And let's not forget the FedEx bloke who caused this latest kerfuffle... Don't exclude 'im just because of who he worked for, it could have happened to a crewmember from any operator.

Bleve
19th Oct 2021, 21:35
After the Queensland CHO all but publicly named and shamed that Qantas pilot, it turned they were NOT infected. It was a false positive.

Beer Baron
20th Oct 2021, 02:15
And let's not forget the FedEx bloke who caused this latest kerfuffle... Don't exclude 'im just because of who he worked for, it could have happened to a crewmember from any operator.
Not entirely true. A pilot who lives in a city with a very high infection rate and is allowed to leave their hotel in cities they visit that may also have high infection rates, will have a much higher chance of catching/spreading COVID than a pilot who lives in QLD.

Living in a COVID free state, being locked up whilst you are away and being vaccinated are the defence, they should not be locked up at home on return.

It is obviously a different scenario for a foreign pilot who may not tick those 3 boxes.

Fonz121
20th Oct 2021, 03:20
It should be one or the other by now. Either keep me locked up in the hotel when overseas and remove the quarantine requirement when I get home, or let me out of my hotel room.

ScepticalOptomist
20th Oct 2021, 07:32
It should be one or the other by now. Either keep me locked up in the hotel when overseas and remove the quarantine requirement when I get home, or let me out of my hotel room.

Exactly right. This current rule set is nonsense.

Derfred
20th Oct 2021, 07:41
“Victoria’s Chief Health Officer, Brett Sutton, said on Tuesday that NSW would no longer be classified as a “red zone” (https://www.theage.com.au/link/follow-20170101-p5913r).

This means that from 11.59pm on Tuesday night, fully vaccinated people – including people recently returned from overseas – can travel with a permit from all parts of NSW into Victoria without having to isolate on arrival or get tested for COVID-19.”

I clicked on your link and I don’t see the reference to “people returned from overseas”. Perhaps it was a misprint that has subsequently been rectified since you posted.

Koizi
20th Oct 2021, 08:15
Perhaps it was a misprint that has subsequently been rectified since you posted.

Maybe, but I did a run through of the current Victorian entry permit for an orange zone and I didn't notice any section where you are asked or required to declare overseas travel.
Perhaps it has yet to be updated. But the way I see it, given the complete removal of any inbound requirements, flights are unlikely to be met by anyone.
Given the permit doesn't ask, who else is stopping this from occurring?

On a separate note, I've heard that by the end of the week Fri/Sat the Vic government is likely to make an announcement regarding our situation. Fingers crossed.

Koizi
21st Oct 2021, 10:14
Quarantine to go Nov 1 for Vic as well.

compressor stall
21st Oct 2021, 10:38
Hallelujah.
They were brutal.

josephfeatherweight
21st Oct 2021, 22:34
This is great news - we can only screw it up from here - some bright spark (in Vic government department) with no doubt say that aircrew still need to quarantine.
I've lost faith in that mob, so I'll expect the worst and hope to be pleasantly surprised...

estornell
26th Oct 2021, 02:38
What a pain all Australian layovers.. It just overreacting to the point that the whole situation is beyond ridiculous. Twice vaccinated crew are treated like contagious lab mice! test before departure, test on arrival, then they ask you, log in here and there to check result...I say, let me tell you a secret.. I know is going to be negative , like the 100 tests before this one.

Talking to the ground staff in the airport, some are still human rather than robocops and we talk about the schizophrenic and totalitarian laws the Australian government implemented.
How in Earth an australian citizen faces restrictions and all this crap when trying to come back to his/her own country! And no citizens are complaining properly about it, despite the media trying to manipulate the news saying there is "demonstrations".

estornell
26th Oct 2021, 02:44
Excuse me, let me get this right, they keep you locked up in the room when overseas, AND when you come back you face quarantine??
All Ausie and NZ airlines do the same?
I know that Singapore they have security guards in NY for them not to venture outside the hotel. Insane. While other airline crew are enjoying the city.

estornell
26th Oct 2021, 02:50
What relation do you see in complaining about something ridiculous and nonsense like way too long quarantine and having a job? He might be complaining to useless politicians not to the Universe.

Koizi
26th Oct 2021, 07:35
Excuse me, let me get this right, they keep you locked up in the room when overseas, AND when you come back you face quarantine??
All Ausie and NZ airlines do the same?

Correct, until November 1.
Prior to November 1st, vaccinated crews (incl. freighter crews) who were locked in rooms at overseas quarantine hotels, were required to undergo 14 days quarantine/home iso.
This was mandated by federal/state requirements and did not vary by airline.

I believe Air NZ did get exemption from 14 days to a reduced 3 with a negative test. Not sure where they stand now. Someone from Godzone probably knows more.

Koizi
1st Nov 2021, 09:08
Looks like it’s not all over yet…..

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1125x736/90d98936_ce05_4dcc_88da_919ea434cec3_478028cc30363a51b177f6c b2c41cdca2d9b5aec.jpeg

Angle of Attack
1st Nov 2021, 23:24
Lol so basically your locked out from going to a pub or restaurant, match, concert, etc pretty much all the time except if your on leave……
Yet my sister is a doctor in a Covid ward and has no restrictions in the outside world (apart from being tested every 3-4 days)
When will this beauracratic madness end?

SevenTwentySeven
1st Nov 2021, 23:43
I love how the employer is responsible for compliance.

What are they suggesting? GPS tracking ankle bracelets???

Maybe I shouldn't laugh. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it! :ugh:

Keg
2nd Nov 2021, 04:06
Last gasp power grab by the faceless bureaucrats of NSW health. It can’t last beyond tourists arriving into Australia. As if they’re not going to be eating out at ‘hospitality venues’ every meal? I give this one a maximum of a month before it goes the same way of 7 day home iso.

Koizi
2nd Nov 2021, 05:47
Given that the document applies to all arrivals (not included in my screenshot) it’s also tell anyone in the education, hospitality or health industries that you can’t go back to work on return for a week.
That’s an unexpected sting in the tail.

Also odd that retail isn’t listed. So you can go to your local mega shopping centre, plough through Myer, Kmart etc but don’t you dare grab a snack at the food court.

Hopefully this is one bright Sydney idea that doesn’t make its way south of the border.

Angle of Attack
2nd Nov 2021, 09:44
Just been revoked and amended, proof that idiotic health officials behind the scenes are making crap rules. Lasted 2 days, Jesus you couldn’t make this up! This is a last gasp by idiots that have been employed during the pandemic to try and save their jobs….All that dead wood needs to be lanced from this boil, and learnt to make a real living.

Angle of Attack
2nd Nov 2021, 09:51
“The Health Advice” has been the mantra we have been held to for the last 20 months. Apparently this “Health Advice” took a U turn in 2 days. This is a joke we need to rise up and get rid of these idiots, common sense tends to trump health officials. Just get vaccinated, be common sense and let us live, I’m sick of this crap “Health Advice” it’s over…

josephfeatherweight
2nd Nov 2021, 10:53
Just been revoked and amended, proof that idiotic health officials behind the scenes are making crap rules. Lasted 2 days, Jesus you couldn’t make this up! This is a last gasp by idiots that have been employed during the pandemic to try and save their jobs….All that dead wood needs to be lanced from this boil, and learnt to make a real living.
Got a link? All the web pages I can find are outdated! Cheers.

ScepticalOptomist
2nd Nov 2021, 11:10
I love how the employer is responsible for compliance.

What are they suggesting? GPS tracking ankle bracelets???

Maybe I shouldn't laugh. I wouldn't be surprised if they tried it! :ugh:

Ask Victoria if they’re laughing - over reach is becoming the daily reality.

cxflog
2nd Nov 2021, 13:58
Updated as per NSW Health’s website 8 hours ago. It really is a circus running this state these days, health officials and premier on two totally different pages.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1242x1696/787c8d7b_d91e_493d_9db5_0f1e913dae4c_093b417dfc8453f3986028a cefa633cc7fc4a716.jpeg

Keg
3rd Nov 2021, 10:55
Thankfully it’s the Premier that is now driving the outcomes with NSW Health cutting their cloth to match. For so long over the last 20 months it has been the other way around.

Troo believer
4th Nov 2021, 00:53
The end for Qantas crew required to quarantine at Howard Springs correctional centre for national resilience is thankfully over. We can now isolate in a local hotel in Darwin between flights whilst keeping the disease to ourselves.
No longer being berated and warned if you’re off your dedicated balcony.
No longer having to wear a mask if outside.
No longer being woken for a temperature check at 0730 every morning.
No longer PCR tested on day 1, 7 and 12th days.
No longer being incarcerated for doing your job.
We’ve wasted weeks of our lives in the gulag. There was nothing pleasant about the experience except I didn’t have to do the washing up. The joint should be shutdown ASAP. It’s a national embarrassment. It’s a mining camp, nothing more, but I do feel for the staff that work there. Not a great place to work either. Hot and depressing. Nothing good going for the dump at all.

Transition Layer
4th Nov 2021, 02:34
Yep, won’t miss it!

“One small step for crew… one giant leap for crew engagement”. Bring on the beers by the pool! :D

Duck Pilot
4th Nov 2021, 03:00
Has the NTG dropped the quarantine requirements for international arrivals?

Thought it was proposed, however not until January.

Transition Layer
4th Nov 2021, 04:09
Has the NTG dropped the quarantine requirements for international arrivals?

Thought it was proposed, however not until January.
Still hotel quarantine, in a crew dedicated facility. Not free to move about the community just yet.

Duck Pilot
4th Nov 2021, 08:35
Thought piss ups by the pool was a little pre-mature.

Good outcome and a move in the right direction. At least crews can get a decent feed and get a few beers, albeit having everything delivered I guess. We do a similar thing in Cairns coming from PNG every week, it’s still a pain however better than going to a mining camp with no beers and fed tucker box food for 14 days.

I wish I didn’t have to get a tree stuck up my nose every few days though….

compressor stall
4th Nov 2021, 09:28
The end for Qantas crew required to quarantine at Howard Springs correctional centre for national resilience is thankfully over. We can now isolate in a local hotel in Darwin between flights whilst keeping the disease to ourselves.
No longer being berated and warned if you’re off your dedicated balcony.
No longer having to wear a mask if outside.
No longer being woken for a temperature check at 0730 every morning.
No longer PCR tested on day 1, 7 and 12th days.
No longer being incarcerated for doing your job.
We’ve wasted weeks of our lives in the gulag. There was nothing pleasant about the experience except I didn’t have to do the washing up. The joint should be shutdown ASAP. It’s a national embarrassment. It’s a mining camp, nothing more, but I do feel for the staff that work there. Not a great place to work either. Hot and depressing. Nothing good going for the dump at all.

Not arguing the toss there, but Howard Springs was a shed load better than most 2 week hotel Qs I did.

josephfeatherweight
30th Nov 2021, 02:34
It appears that NSW Health are mandating (again) 14 days quarantine for flight crew returning from overseas - but the punters down the back only have to do 72 hours?? Craziness...
Anyone able to confirm or deny that they really mean that - or do they mean "foreign based flight crew"???

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/factsheets/Pages/air-transportation-guidelines.aspx

Icarus2001
30th Nov 2021, 03:24
Are you looking for consistency, logic and rational medical advice?

You know, like mandating wearing a mask when the sole occupant of a car.

josephfeatherweight
30th Nov 2021, 03:37
Are you looking for consistency, logic and rational medical advice?
Hoping for it!

Keg
30th Nov 2021, 04:24
The 14 days applies to NSW crew. Tasman freight flying exemption revoked as well.

The pax was originally ‘72 hours pending further health advice’. I’m not sure whether it’s still just 72 hours for them or whether they’ve been extended.

Victorian crew I think are 72 hours. QLD and WA crew are still 14 days.

josephfeatherweight
30th Nov 2021, 08:23
Result from National Cabinet Meeting appears to be holding firm that "travellers" arriving in NSW, VIC and ACT (the only states/territories accepting international arrivals "without quarantine") need to quarantine for 72 hours.
NSW Health holding firm that Flight Crew need to do 14 days - it's bullsh!t.

Sparrows.
30th Nov 2021, 08:45
NSW Health holding firm that Flight Crew need to do 14 days - it's bullsh!t.

Amended to 72 hours for flight crew.

https://twitter.com/Dom_Perrottet/status/1465600174600777730?s=20

Koizi
30th Nov 2021, 09:04
Amended to 72 hours for flight crew.

Still too much.

josephfeatherweight
30th Nov 2021, 09:17
Still too much.
It is - what, pray tell, does 72 hours achieve? What's meant to happen at the 71 hour mark? Why don't they just say - "Isolate until you receive a negative test result"? At least that would make a modicum of sense?
Who comes up with this made up rubbish?

josephfeatherweight
30th Nov 2021, 09:37
By the way, sincere thanks for your efforts, Keg! I know many colleagues who greatly appreciate your work to get this overturned.

Keg
1st Dec 2021, 00:27
Thanks but I didn’t do much except rant a couple of times on twitter and write to the local member.

There is a rumour going around that Joyce told the Premier that we wouldn’t be able to crew international flights for a few weeks from 9 December if the 14 days iso remained. Given that Qantas was quite positive earlier yesterday that things would change for the better it wouldn’t surprise me if the NSW Premier had given QF some sort of assurance that the iso would be reduced.

AIPA was making representations also.

It’s possible the first press release at 1730 last night was just an over looked typo. IE crew iso was supposed to be changed but it was missed. Doesn’t excuse it going into ‘print’ and I agree that even 72 hours is excessive given our precautions that we are still taking.

It’ll be interesting to watch the crewing situation for patterns that have return flights scheduled for return after about 0800 on 22 December through to Boxing Day.

Koizi
1st Dec 2021, 02:24
It’ll be interesting to watch the crewing situation for patterns that have return flights scheduled for return after about 0800 on 22 December through to Boxing Day.

Surely an opt out provision would have to be made from Dec 6 onwards if ISO doesn’t drop completely?

Keg
1st Dec 2021, 02:31
Dec 6 Koizi? Start of stand up?

Duck Pilot
1st Dec 2021, 03:01
Home quarantine would be better than being in a hotel that’s set on fire! On day 10 this happened
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-28/qld-cairns-quarantine-hotel-blaze-prompts-emergency-declaration/100656756

What more could go wrong?

GaryGnu
2nd Dec 2021, 23:34
Well, its now two and a bit full business days since Dom P’s (updated) media release stating the 14 day Flight Crew iso period would be reduced to 72 hours.

The current Public Health Orders (https://legislation.nsw.gov.au/file/Public%20Health%20(COVID-19%20Air%20Transportation%20Quarantine)%20Order%20(No%204)%2 02021_211130_6.20pm.pdf) commenced just over an hour prior to his media release. It contained all the other changes highlighted in the media release but, as best as I can tell, there is no relief for Flight Crew isolation periods within.

I will happily stand corrected if I am misreading the Order or if there is other information in the public realm I am not aware of.

Given how quickly Public Health Order changes have been made in the past, perhaps its time to get back on Twitter and/or keep writing to the local member to keep Dom P to his word.

josephfeatherweight
3rd Dec 2021, 01:32
Correct - still 14 days for crew and 72 hours for pax - disgraceful the power these “Health Departments” wield. Absolutely zero justification (I'd love to know if they actually THINK there is a valid reason for the discrepancy between pax and crew!) provided for what is an obviously ridiculous rule. Anyone who can, please exert pressure on the powers that be…

Keg
3rd Dec 2021, 02:22
Takes a while to update these things… particularly when they’ve changed.

Everything I’ve read publicly says ‘72 hours’ for aircrew so that’s what I’m going with at the moment. If they want to take me to court to fight it I’ve plenty of screen shots of government websites that indicate the current requirements.

LostWanderer
3rd Dec 2021, 02:30
Takes a while to update these things… particularly when they’ve changed. Everything I’ve read publicly says ‘72 hours for aircrew so that’s what I’m working off at the moment.

Yup...with little effort you can find numerous examples on total contradictions of requirements for isolation/quarantine/anything else between federal government sites like smart traveller and each states COVID websites and (at least as of yesterday) very little guidance on what these 72 hour isolations require of us, be it crew or pax.

Sure makes following the rules difficult when what we are given makes it next to impossible to follow.

josephfeatherweight
3rd Dec 2021, 02:31
The difficulty is, is I've been told you are presented with the Health Order - puts you in a bad position if you then break that...

GaryGnu
3rd Dec 2021, 02:46
Takes a while to update these things… particularly when they’ve changed.

When the will is there, the NSW Government has been quite quick in amending Public Health Orders after a decision is taken. I suggest that the will is not there for this particular change, hence the contention that further lobbying from interested parties may be needed.

halfmoon
3rd Dec 2021, 06:33
Why are you people so compliant? It's not enforced unless your under police quarantine.

josephfeatherweight
3rd Dec 2021, 06:51
Why are you people so compliant? It's not enforced unless your under police quarantine.
You’re a bit in the spotlight if you have to fly out to your home state after your “non-compliant” 72 hours, should you choose to opt for that timeframe. The company wouldn’t risk it either…

Going Nowhere
3rd Dec 2021, 07:01

Because for most of us, failure to adhere to Government restrictions would be grounds for disciplinary action from our employers...