PDA

View Full Version : Gay Pilots?

Pink Pilot
12th Mar 2001, 15:12
Hi, ok so i am Gay, are there many other Gay pilots out there?

Whats it like to be a Gay pilot and work for an airline? should i keep my sexuality secret?

Sensible
12th Mar 2001, 15:18
Plenty of guys I know are womanisers! They don't shout about it though! No need really!

wannabeetwo
12th Mar 2001, 15:36
...some wannabee's certainly are.

I'm not gonna shout about it when I make that RHS seat though - there's simply no need to make an issue of it.

emu
12th Mar 2001, 15:47
I am told there is a "Gay Pilot Association" being advertised in an American Flying mag just now if thats any help.

redsnail
12th Mar 2001, 15:52
wind up.

and the chap said
12th Mar 2001, 18:27
Agreed - Good one Pink Pilot!

Groove-ryder
12th Mar 2001, 20:40
There are loads of gay pilots around - far more than you'd think. I know quite a few and I'm sure that's the tip of the iceberg. Most seem to be really sorted guys who don't shout about it, but would be open if asked - seems to be the best tack to take. I totally understand your dilemma as I went through the same one too, but seriously don't shout that you're out. I don't think the straight pilots are the only ones who think that's crap. Good luck.

Jetheat
12th Mar 2001, 22:26
I for one, think that it's indecent, immoral and disgusting. Forget "on board", I don't think gay people should be allowed in free society!

Absolutely Disgusting!

Blindside
12th Mar 2001, 23:11
I'm not gay... but my boyfriend is.

Not so much telling jokes, more refreshing memories.

cheers

Fly_777
12th Mar 2001, 23:12
What ever happened to 'Freedom Airways' at LTN!?

ALKIN
13th Mar 2001, 02:46
AOPA - yes

GAYOPA - no thanks!

Go and find your own planet to breed on, then we will see how long you last! - HA HA!

(.....I know this is a wind up buddy)

[This message has been edited by ALKIN (edited 12 March 2001).]

StrateandLevel
13th Mar 2001, 03:19
By "Gay" do we mean bright and cheerful?
or:
are we talking about Buggery?

energiser
13th Mar 2001, 03:26
I'm gay, and so's my wife!

What a spiffing wind up this thread is. Maybe it should be migrated to JB?

Mad-Air
13th Mar 2001, 04:31
Jet-Heat and Others....

Shut the F***k Up!!
Considering well over a third of the guys who you work with, Cabin Crew in case you didn't get it, are "Tail Gunners", you really should be a little more considerate.
I also think you should go back on a CRM course again and agiain....
We do live in a (fairly) free society with all sorts of creeds, colours and genders. Deal with it and GET A LIFE and smell the caffine...
Besides there are probably more Bi-Sexual people in this business than you realise.
Before you say anything more JetHeat (et al), DON'T BOTHER :mad:
Now ask me another question, and I will be honest.....

------------------
Watch out...
Too Err is Human.....
To Forgive is not Company
Policy.....!

[This message has been edited by Mad-Air (edited 13 March 2001).]

ALKIN
13th Mar 2001, 04:41
Considerate???

"We do live in a (fairly) free society with all sorts of creeds, colours and genders"

How can you put creed, colour and gender on par with a desease?

I don't believe this is the place for this sort of discussion. In 'Jet Blast' we will continue the discussion....

[This message has been edited by ALKIN (edited 13 March 2001).]

herniair
13th Mar 2001, 05:12
Well done, Pinky. Whether gay, straight, bi. or pre-sexual or, just, a wind-up, you've proved, to anyone who didn't know, that airlines tolerate rabid bigots. This manifestation happens to be homophobic but recruitment, selection and training seem to leave a lot to be desired. No-one with irrational attitudes and manic reactions, even to their 'colleagues', should be entrusted to make responsible command decisions.

Mad-Air
13th Mar 2001, 05:37
Well Done Herniair....
Homophobic or Not... Not really a good point or well said. Deal with it! If I haven't got the point you were making my apologies.
Everybody and anybody who is a wannabe should realise that if gay or straight it shouldn't matter, we all want to FLY!!
It really angers me that there are too many bigots and people with there own heads op-thier-own-arses (let alone other parts of the human body - Let's not go there!)

Pink if you are you are or not drop us an E-Mail!
------------------
Watch out...
Too Err is Human.....
To Forgive is not Company
Policy.....!

Snapper_head
13th Mar 2001, 10:25
w w w wind-up

Speedjeans
13th Mar 2001, 11:34
Well as my mate Cupcake tells me "Birds are alright but you can't beat the real thing!"
Cheers
SJ's

energiser
13th Mar 2001, 14:44
Oh why do you people fall for it (Mad-air etc). IT IS A WIND UP!!! No need to get on your high horse.

tee hee hee....

SID555
13th Mar 2001, 16:42
Yawn.....

This wind-up has been done before, it was not very funny the first time and is even less so now.

However - as usual it evokes the predictable PPRuNe tirade of foamy-mouthed bigots talking about 'diseases' etc.....which btw ALKIN is not the most difficult word to spell but clearly your education is lacking not only in this area.

I would point out to those people that psychology studies have shown that 80% of people involved in violence against homosexuals are in fact themselves repressed, self-loathing homosexuals. This is why I have always been a little suspicious of such attitudes.

Jetheat: "I don't think gay people should be allowed in free society".......interesting interpretation of the word 'free'. :)

By the way, I am not gay......just sure of my heterosexuality unlike some on this thread........

[This message has been edited by SID555 (edited 13 March 2001).]

VneII
13th Mar 2001, 18:44
www wind up or not -
KEEP IT YOURSELF
Discrimination may be illegal but it happens, flying is still an "old boys club" even in the year 2001
Party on the weekend with who ever but don't bring on board the aircraft!!

------------------
Not everyone drinks because they are poets. Some of us drink because we are not poets.

Barney Stubble
13th Mar 2001, 20:27
I'm a lesbian trapped in a mans body - does that mean I'm gay?

throber69
13th Mar 2001, 20:33
What next air MINCER !!!!!

keep you anal re-boring to yourselves

TAF Oscar
13th Mar 2001, 23:33
So just how free would you like your "free society" to be?

Here in Holland we have a park with a section reserved for four-letter boys to have it off in the open air, in case they feel like it. It is surrounded by trees, but still, how far should we go in the name of tolerance? I guess I won’t tell the most of you exactly where it is (it’s in Den Haag, somewhere, just follow your "nose"), in case we have some more riots.

And no, just because I live in the same country, doesn’t automatically make me limp wrested. Somebody has to continue the species, and I certainly do my best...

Wee Weasley Welshman
14th Mar 2001, 00:05
Locked - not because I happen to object but simply its not a topic relevant to being a Wannabe pilot.

Cheers