PDA

View Full Version : slot coordinated airport

chr
5th Sep 2021, 05:39
Hi
in simple words - what are benefits for the airport since when it turn out to be slot-cordinated ? I don't get it because as I'm the end user it has complete non-sense for me . Let's take LFMD - there was almost no problem with Cannes before , you could depart/arrive the time you wish , since it's coordinated the flow was dramatically reduced , slot's showed up , you can't depart the time you want , last time there was no any departure slot for 2 days !!!! Client wish to depart on Saturday and the nearest possible departure slot was on Monday - and guess what's the funniest thing - as we did change our departure for Z rules it was not a problem at all to depart whenever you want . So I'm asking - show me the sense of this .

Regards

Miles Magister
5th Sep 2021, 10:31
I think that probably the LFMD slots are not airport related but airspace in the Nice zone. It is Nice that allocates the slots and they may allocate them primarily to the scheduled airliner movements which is where their money comes from.

chr
5th Sep 2021, 16:19
if that’s the reason than system is very poorly designed or managed as they offered us I rules instead Z during clearance which was easier for everyone , so there is space but artificially restricted by system I guess