PDA

View Full Version : New World Record for Low Flying - Below Ground!

nomorecatering
5th Sep 2021, 01:21
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNyRRHxc0W4&t=60s

Squawk7700
5th Sep 2021, 04:07
World first or world record? I’ve seen an Ag-Cat flying around below ground level in a quarry before :-)

runway16
5th Sep 2021, 05:39
Not a record. I saw that Jet Provost at the Ballarat Air Show years ago flying below ground level. Recovery or planned. Who knows?

Rodney Rotorslap
5th Sep 2021, 06:42
Did the Ag-Cat and Jet Provost do it with a hard ceiling?

mcoates
5th Sep 2021, 07:43
Mike Smith - Adventurer landed his sea bear on a lake in the Middle East that is about 200 feet below sea level but insists it was a missed approach

5th Sep 2021, 08:25
I must have missed that lecture that taught us to yell and scream when we did something we could walk away from.

Duck Pilot
5th Sep 2021, 09:17
It’s good to see CASA allowing these aviation activities to happen in Sydney during the COVID times when there was no traffic in the tunnels. Should be more of it!

Certainly a change in attitude by CASA, they haven’t approved anything like this to my knowledge for the last 35 years that I have been actively involved in Aviation.

Squawk7700
5th Sep 2021, 09:22
Did the Ag-Cat and Jet Provost do it with a hard ceiling?

I’ve seen a few crop dusters flying under power lines, I reckon their hard limit would trump this guy!

InSoMnIaC
5th Sep 2021, 10:21
Whats with all the negativity? Is it a western superiority complex thing?. i say well done to him.

smiling monkey
5th Sep 2021, 11:08
It’s good to see CASA allowing these aviation activities to happen in Sydney during the COVID times when there was no traffic in the tunnels. Should be more of it!

Certainly a change in attitude by CASA, they haven’t approved anything like this to my knowledge for the last 35 years that I have been actively involved in Aviation.

The video says it was in Turkey.

Styx75
5th Sep 2021, 23:06
Whats with all the negativity? Is it a western superiority complex thing?. i say well done to him.

Seems mostly in aviation... Especially when one pilot sees another pilot having fun...

Lead Balloon
5th Sep 2021, 23:13
https://youtu.be/_txdqnVP3-c

Ex FSO GRIFFO
6th Sep 2021, 06:11
For some particular reason, unable to 'copy & paste' link, however......

Google 'Mustang Chases BF-109 Under Eiffel Tower',

and read how Capt William Overstreet, in his P-51B, named 'Berlin Express', in the Spring of '44, chased and caught a BF-109 which flew under the Eiffel Tower in an attempted escape manoeuver......was followed 'on his tail' by the Mustang...... and shot down.

The item doesn't say if any civilians were killed by 'stray' 50 cal. bullets spraying all over the place....

aroa
6th Sep 2021, 12:19
Tunnel flight.... TOP STUFF..! Good onya that Man. Great entertainment and top flying !
Any CAsA persons watching probably fainted.... Something like THAT cannot be allowed... Totally unsafe !!
We will promulgate 45 pages of strict liability regs that will make it an offence to be within 5 miles of any tunnel.

Chronic Snoozer
6th Sep 2021, 12:54
Tunnel flight.... TOP STUFF..! Good onya that Man. Great entertainment and top flying !
Any CAsA persons watching probably fainted.... Something like THAT cannot be allowed... Totally unsafe !!
We will promulgate 45 pages of strict liability regs that will make it an offence to be within 5 miles of any tunnel.

Never mind that, some of his placards were missing. Tyre pressure probably too low too.

Ascend Charlie
7th Sep 2021, 07:14
Don't worry, the CA$A people don't know their @r$ehole from a hole in the ground, at least they now know what a hole in the ground looks like.

Traffic_Is_Er_Was
15th Sep 2021, 12:13
CASA know what a hole in the ground looks like. They usually don't look into it until after the wreckage has burned out though.