PDA

View Full Version : CAB PR SYS 1+2 FAULT

CMpilot1
3rd Sep 2021, 15:45
For a A320 abnormal procedure, under L2 information there is a line that states " the following procedure may not avoid the depressurization MODE SEL...........MAN
MAN V/S CTL.........AS RQRD". What does this mean?

ahramin
3rd Sep 2021, 20:58
It means that you may still end up with a cabin altitude above 10 000' while performing the ECAM actions.

In manual mode the valve moves more slowly than in automatic mode. Also depending on the reason for the failure, the manual mode may not work at all. You can end up with an EXCESS CAB ALT despite correctly applying the CAB PR SYS 1+2 FAULT procedure.

CMpilot1
8th Sep 2021, 05:02
If this fault happens during climb phase, will you continue to your destination using the table provided for CAB pressure control or will you return? Mind you, this is not a land ASAP situation.

hans brinker
8th Sep 2021, 18:17
We can't answer that for you. For me it would involve getting dispatch and maintenance involved. If you are able to control pressurization in manual mode it probably would depend on where the flight is departing from and going to. If departing from one of our MX stations going abroad, I would assume, a return, if taking of from an out-station, going back to base, I could see the flight continuing.