PDA

View Full Version : Lauda Europe

MonarchOrBust
3rd Sep 2021, 07:03
Anyone provide the lowdown for Lauda please? Salary, do they pay during training? hotels? How many a/c for Stansted ops. Thank you!

Full_blast
3rd Sep 2021, 11:14
UK bases conditions, all GROSS amounts:

CAPT:
-108£ per scheduled block hour
-250£ per annual leave day (28 A/L days per year)
-Allowance 4600£ per year

FO
-57£ per scheduled block hour
-150£ per annual leave day (28 A/L days per year)
-Allowance 3875£ per year

Pension contribution set at 3% company and 5% employee as per UK legislation.
No salary or scheduled block hour to be paid during initial training.
Allowance per scheduled block hour during line training.
Full rate from successful line check.

UberPilot
3rd Sep 2021, 11:20
In addition, crew have to self position at their own cost and cover hotel expenses during line training.

TheAirMission
3rd Sep 2021, 18:09
Wrong about the flights, crew aren't self-positioning but are given flights that are changeable flexible at no cost.

Whitemonk Returns
4th Sep 2021, 06:38
Where do I sign.... 🤮

Klimax
4th Sep 2021, 13:31
Full_blast

It sure sounds like a dream come true... NOT. What a joke.

EGGW
4th Sep 2021, 15:36
I know a couple of mates, who went for an interview in Dublin, were successful, and turned them down, when they saw the "offer" Jokers

iome
5th Sep 2021, 14:20
Not a bad starting point for someone who want to jump in the industry with no rating. Jet2 just ordered 36 Airbus, so when the time come you'll be rated and ready to go.

sudden twang
5th Sep 2021, 15:14
How does this compare to the new BA at LGW?

aviationvictim
5th Sep 2021, 18:17
Not knowing the details but I suppose comparing Lauda, the low cost + version of Ryanair, to a balpa sanctioned BA low cost based in LGW would be like comparing Ezy to Volotea on the continent.. an absolutely enormous difference in T&Cs.
Sad thing is the pilots signing up for Lauda believe it’s somehow a competitive package.. and yes it’s tough times etc but the hole that’s being dug here is gonna be so deep it’ll be impossible to get out of.

iome
6th Sep 2021, 07:59
👏🏻 Everything he says is true.

aviationvictim
6th Sep 2021, 10:02
Anyway you’re still comparing apples and oranges… and a whole other selection of fruits.. Lauda is the absolute bottom feeder with pay-pr-hour Uber driver-style contracts. A low-cost version of Ryanair(how absurd is that)
Ezy on the other hand is a unionised airline with top-contracts. Ezy is also represented by Balpa just like BA. Yes there’s a fight going on in Ezy to preserve T&Cs but without unions we’d be completely screwed already.
You might hate unions but it’s impossible to argue you’d be better off in an airline that has no representation. If the argument then is that command is faster in Lauda then I suggest having another look at the T&Cs you’d achieve when achieving that command..

aviationvictim
6th Sep 2021, 11:47
Yes Ryanair is with Balpa as far as I know. They are also with SNPL in France and Anpac in Italy. Ryanair changed their attitude towards unions in the countries they needed to. Other countries they’ve then created low-low cost subsidiaries on some of the worst conditions in the industry. This is where Buzz and Lauda come into the picture.
Again ALL reasonable contracts offered in Europe today have union backing. Yes the LGW BA contract is not great but it is still much much better than Lauda or Buzz and wasn’t it also an option to stay on fleet as a FO in LHR and wait for command? The guys I know that took command in BA had only just joined the company.
The companies you mention that have little to choose from are all unionised except for Wizz

PBSniper
15th Sep 2021, 21:40
Whilst I understand the sentiment regarding the T&Cs Lauda are undoubtedly offering; unfortunately it's just a sign of the times at the moment and I know given the chance myself or any of my other unemployed pilot mates would take any old flying job given the chance. If anything it'll be a way just to get back in the game and not left on the sidelines for too long until its too late. Then surely jump ship when the opportunity arises if the terms don't improve. Which I'm sure they will not.

In light of this, does anyone have any info regarding the sim assessment or the technical/HR interview they're currently running? I've got the call up for one in a few weeks. Cheers in advance

EGGW
16th Sep 2021, 05:28
We'll good luck.

Mates I know who have been for the interview, and succeeded, have turned Lauda down, all of them. With the interesting "offer" Everyone's situation is different financially, and most will leave ASAP once flying is back to more normality. They probably know that.

It is a day of interviews and SIM in Dublin, as far as I know. Nothing to onerous apparently.

MonarchOrBust
16th Sep 2021, 05:44
The recruitment guy needs to learn proper interview technique. He's a bit rude and borderline argumentative. Places too much emphasis on why you left your previous companies. Cuts you off mid sentence and does not give you the opportunity to respond properly. Sim check guy is very nice. Tech question is usually on one topic about systems. Sim is pretty straightforward. Take off, some kind of fault that requires you to come back for hand flown NPA, then go around, single engine failure during go around, come back and land for ILS.

Nick 1
16th Sep 2021, 08:47
It’s funny ( well not so funny ) how the HR guys insist on the same old questions , in this sad times where thousand of pilots are without job .
” Why you want to join this airline ? “ Try to figure out , maybe because i’m jobless ?

TheAirMission
16th Sep 2021, 09:05
No one got asked this in the inteview.

Alrosa
16th Sep 2021, 12:39
Whilst I can understand how you and many others feel, we also have to understand that the few airlines hiring have 1000s of experienced applicants to choose from and can therefore afford to be as picky as they wish when it comes to who they offer a job.

It’s a buyer’s market, and competition for some jobs will be very tough indeed.

PilotLZ
16th Sep 2021, 14:43
Maybe it's because they're looking for people who feel at least somewhat positive about the job? Working with the "I'm here because I couldn't find any better and the bills just keep coming in" lot is not nice for anyone. As much as I understand that it's not the best offer anyone has seen, people's bitterness about having to accept it because there aren't many better options out there right now won't make it any better.

Klimax
16th Sep 2021, 21:05
1000s willing to join now and 2000 planning to leave as soon as they can.. Great strategy planning!

Klimax
16th Sep 2021, 21:06
Yeah - no point in being honest and realistic. Let´s all just pretend! Roadmap to success.

Alrosa
16th Sep 2021, 21:20
That wasn’t the point I was making ....

Smooth Airperator
22nd Oct 2021, 11:25
I hear of a mass exodus about to unfold even before the STN operation gets started. Expect to see recruitment open again.

Scagrams
22nd Oct 2021, 14:19
Where are the crews going?

Nick 1
22nd Oct 2021, 21:20
How far an industry based on cheating can go ? Company need to create fake reality to attract pilots , that need to buy and follows specific programs in order to answer the interview questions on the proper way . This is crazy , at some point we need to draw a line and restart from basic .

MonarchOrBust
20th Jan 2022, 06:26
A warning to all tempted to join this merry crowd of buffoons. Please don't. You won't get paid. Not on time and not the right amount. The admin and HR departments are non existent when it comes to handling problems. You know that feeling you get when you order something and it doesn't arrive and when you try to look for a number or email, you can't find one? That's what Lauda is.

By my estimate over 50% of people who have joined since August 2021 have left already. Some with hours to go before their flights. Virtually everyone is waiting to jump ship. The SOP is god awful and the handy work of people with Nazi mentality. It is soul sucking. Stay clear.

FlightDetent
20th Jan 2022, 08:12
Merci bien! On the far side of the Channel, despite the sub-standard rostering pattern of 5-3, VIE base looked attractive to many 'Visegrad' fellows.

One wonders how much you can screw the standard Airbus SOP, especially given the cost and effort of departing from the printed set. Niki's legacy perhaps?

Despite all the deserved bad press, core RYR always had a good reputation after the moment the headset gets disconnected, didn't they?

TheAirMission
8th Feb 2022, 09:59
STN based pilots offered a £3/hr raise recently from CrewLink

PilotLZ
8th Feb 2022, 18:04
What's so unusual about the SOP? Many people on here refer to it as to literally one of the worst things about the job, so I would be quite curious to know what makes it so distinct.

richardthethird
15th Feb 2022, 06:46
I hear from a friend that they’re haemorrhaging crews at quite a rate. Well, can’t say I didn’t see it coming!! I guess if they will treat very experienced crews in difficult spots with utter contempt, these things will happen.

flyingdaddy
31st May 2022, 12:00
Hey guys, did anyone go through the interview process recently? I appreciate some feedback regarding the interview, technical/non-technical etc. Cheers!

ihatemorningflights
2nd Jul 2022, 09:20
Hey guys!

Any information on the current T&Cs? Any info about interview and starting base? Same fix 5/4 roster as at Ryanair?? Thank you for the answers!

AviatorBoy_95
24th Jul 2022, 13:30
Hi all!

Same as above. Any update regarding the contract and roster?
Thank you in advance

A321drvr
24th Jul 2022, 14:03
https://cockpitdoor.com/airline/lauda

This should be it.

AviatorBoy_95
24th Jul 2022, 14:43
Thanks a lot A321drvr!
Do you know by any chance if new joiners have an actual contract with the compagny or the contractor scheme is still in force with Lauda?

A321drvr
24th Jul 2022, 15:22
As far as i know, direct contract, or at least that's the case according to some ex-wzz guys.

AviatorBoy_95
24th Jul 2022, 15:30
Perfect!
Thanks again for your help

FlyingMan93
30th Jul 2022, 10:06
Did anybody get the invitation to the online assessment for Cadet Pilots scheme?

ihatemorningflights
3rd Aug 2022, 14:02
I thought roster is 5/4 which would have been better, but 5/3 is not soooo bad.

SW1
3rd Aug 2022, 18:48
I thought roster is 5/4 which would have been better, but 5/3 is not soooo bad.

Roster is 5/4

ihatemorningflights
3rd Aug 2022, 19:36
Did anybody get the invitation to the online assessment for Cadet Pilots scheme?

I just got invitation as A320 TR FO. Anybody else?

ihatemorningflights
3rd Aug 2022, 19:51
Roster is 5/4

Do you maybe have any more info on recruitment? Can you choose your base before signing the conrtact? Is it hard to get a specific base?(for example VIE)

AviatorBoy_95
5th Aug 2022, 18:01
Hi,
Any news about this? Applied to Cadet program as well and nothing so far. Don't really know how to interpret that

Abra4
10th Aug 2022, 12:00
Hey,
Just got invited for the online assesment. I will do it later today, and can give you a feedback if needed. Anyone knows after this first stage what do they ask in the second one?

ihatemorningflights
10th Aug 2022, 14:06
Hey,
Just got invited for the online assesment. I will do it later today, and can give you a feedback if needed. Anyone knows after this first stage what do they ask in the second one?
Any feedback appreciated!

Abra4
12th Aug 2022, 09:25
Hello,

So i did the assesment a few days ago, and i'll like to write a little feedback that may help you.
The assesment is pretty straightforward. You have 10 tasks to complete. You can select the desired task yourself (you don't have to make them in order.) pilotest.com is a great website to practice the CUT-E tests. There you can find all of them i had on the assesment. The hardest part for me was the deductive and inductive thinking. In the 10 tasks there is an ATPL (thecnical test) there you will find 30 questions, and you have 10 minutes to complete them. Mainly, POF, OPS, and i had some electricity questions as well. No charts and no calculations as you just have 10 minutes. I managed to answer all the 30 questions so it can be done in 10 mins. There is also a task where you have to record videos, where you answer HR questions. I had : Why ryan(i guess because it is the same process they did not change these questions), Why we should hire you, and what was the hardest part in your aviation career. Before every task you can practice, use that tool because for the first time some of the tasks can be hard.

Don't be afraid it really is not that hard. Good luck everyone.

limahotel
12th Aug 2022, 19:48
Hello,

So i did the assesment a few days ago, and i'll like to write a little feedback that may help you.
The assesment is pretty straightforward. You have 10 tasks to complete. You can select the desired task yourself (you don't have to make them in order.) pilotest.com is a great website to practice the CUT-E tests. There you can find all of them i had on the assesment. The hardest part for me was the deductive and inductive thinking. In the 10 tasks there is an ATPL (thecnical test) there you will find 30 questions, and you have 10 minutes to complete them. Mainly, POF, OPS, and i had some electricity questions as well. No charts and no calculations as you just have 10 minutes. I managed to answer all the 30 questions so it can be done in 10 mins. There is also a task where you have to record videos, where you answer HR questions. I had : Why ryan(i guess because it is the same process they did not change these questions), Why we should hire you, and what was the hardest part in your aviation career. Before every task you can practice, use that tool because for the first time some of the tasks can be hard.

Don't be afraid it really is not that hard. Good luck everyone.
Are you Airbus rated? How soon did you receive the invitation for the online assessment?

ihatemorningflights
12th Aug 2022, 20:21
Are you Airbus rated? How soon did you receive the invitation for the online assessment?

I am rated pilot and the strange thing is that I got invited to Dublin but finally the assesment was full so I could not go but I have not received online assesment at all. Is it possible they just forget or they do not need!?

Abra4
14th Aug 2022, 05:12

Hey, i am non-type rated cadet.i heard that for rated the assesment is only 4 tasks, or even no online assesment. I recieved it within 2-3 days. I got a positive answer now. Anyone have feedback on how long it takes until they give you a sim assesment? And also any of you applied for ryan as well?

ihatemorningflights
14th Aug 2022, 23:00
Please correct me, but with the two attached picture if I calculate with 48% tax then salary would be somthing like 2800€ for FO (net). That is very low salary in Vienna. Do you have any info about taxation with Lauda?
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1334x750/c1590b75_021c_46d8_8ae1_d9dd4c5ddbed_0f10451b6a9cf6686d9dbf4 a5a9f060da0ec1263.png
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/750x1334/18f165a1_2601_4321_9a01_075c4dfa32dc_6ba04afdc63ff7c02f86c79 af537beef3172a8a5.png

RUDice
15th Aug 2022, 07:39
Well, don't know what you expect in 2022 moneywise.. With 100 hours you get around 3.5k net, but don't expect 100 during winter months, 2.5-2.8 probably is closer to 40-50BH/m.
It is not VERY low for VIE, unless you want to rent 2 bedroom apartment in center for 1.3k.. Remember, with 5/4 roster you work much less than other guys. Plenty of commuting options to be combined as whole RYR network available in uniform for... FREE!
During winter can get part time roster, then only every second block of 5 days need to be on base, so 5/13 is the roster. 10 days even in hotel will be 500-700 depending on how spoiled you are. They offer options, stability and recurrency. Any other operator does it this year??

Abra4
15th Aug 2022, 07:48
Well, don't know what you expect in 2022 moneywise.. With 100 hours you get around 3.5k net, but don't expect 100 during winter months, 2.5-2.8 probably is closer to 40-50BH/m.
It is not VERY low for VIE, unless you want to rent 2 bedroom apartment in center for 1.3k.. Remember, with 5/4 roster you work much less than other guys. Plenty of commuting options to be combined as whole RYR network available in uniform for... FREE!
During winter can get part time roster, then only every second block of 5 days need to be on base, so 5/13 is the roster. 10 days even in hotel will be 500-700 depending on how spoiled you are. They offer options, stability and recurrency. Any other operator does it this year??

it is not that bad to be honest. Wizz salary is more or less the same without the 5/4 roster. I guess from this 2.5-2.8 in the winter they still deduct the Type bond the same way than in the summer?

ihatemorningflights
15th Aug 2022, 07:53
it is not that bad to be honest. Wizz salary is more or less the same without the 5/4 roster. I guess from this 2.5-2.8 in the winter they still deduct the Type bond the same way than in the summer?

5/4 is just great. Wizz pays more in VIE. Senior FO salary around 5000 € net. It is a big difference.

FlightDetent
15th Aug 2022, 08:20
It is low. A320 F/O is a responsible job with large training cost attached.

All Vienna landlords are super excited to rent for summertime only and have an empty flat for winter.

5/4 you work exactly the same as the other guys: 900 hrs plus SIM and trainings. Except harder as the duties are more densely packed. The benefit of 4 off-duty is well worth it but deffo it is not working less.
​​​​​​
Free commute, are not the tickets all 19.99 anyway? Jokes aside what happens if RYR cancels your commute trip to base. Honest question.

Living in a hotel on an 70 EUR/day budget with food, cleaning, ground transport sounds exciting. Don't fool yourselves, it is Petrzalka on that money if you actually understand why you work for a salary at all.

Two points from the Friday's webinar that came unexpected:
- unsolicited explanation how great their SOPs are, about the multiple added safety layers and ongoing consultations with Airbus. The nice Irish gentleman who is usually razor sharp and keeps a point started going on in circles.
- his presentation partner letting it loose and trying to convince people base nomadism is a great job benefit for young people without commitments, how great it would be to enjoy 5 bases in five years. :eek:

Freudian slips on 2 sore points?

Abra4
15th Aug 2022, 08:37
Anyone have information about the sim assesment/techincal interview? Is it the same as for ryan?

Theholdingpoint
15th Aug 2022, 08:45
Please correct me, but with the two attached picture if I calculate with 48% tax then salary would be somthing like 2800€ for FO (net). That is very low salary in Vienna. Do you have any info about taxation with Lauda?
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/1334x750/c1590b75_021c_46d8_8ae1_d9dd4c5ddbed_0f10451b6a9cf6686d9dbf4 a5a9f060da0ec1263.png
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/750x1334/18f165a1_2601_4321_9a01_075c4dfa32dc_6ba04afdc63ff7c02f86c79 af537beef3172a8a5.png

I get 46,8k € net at year 1, so 3,9k €/over 12 months or 3,6k €/over 13 months.

ihatemorningflights
15th Aug 2022, 09:03
I get 46,8k € net at year 1, so 3,9k €/over 12 months or 3,6k €/over 13 months.

Thanks for the info. So there is not such thing as FO and Senior FO with higher salary, it only increases with years?

Theholdingpoint
15th Aug 2022, 09:06
I have no idea, I don't work for Lauda. Those numbers are just what I get as after tax payment with the data you've provided.

RUDice
15th Aug 2022, 11:00
It is low. A320 F/O is a responsible job with large training cost attached.

All Vienna landlords are super excited to rent for summertime only and have an empty flat for winter.

5/4 you work exactly the same as the other guys: 900 hrs plus SIM and trainings. Except harder as the duties are more densely packed. The benefit of 4 off-duty is well worth it but deffo it is not working less.
​​​​​​
Free commute, are not the tickets all 19.99 anyway? Jokes aside what happens if RYR cancels your commute trip to base. Honest question.

Living in a hotel on an 70 EUR/day budget with food, cleaning, ground transport sounds exciting. Don't fool yourselves, it is Petrzalka on that money if you actually understand why you work for a salary at all.

Two points from the Friday's webinar that came unexpected:
- unsolicited explanation how great their SOPs are, about the multiple added safety layers and ongoing consultations with Airbus. The nice Irish gentleman who is usually razor sharp and keeps a point started going on in circles.
- his presentation partner letting it loose and trying to convince people base nomadism is a great job benefit for young people without commitments, how great it would be to enjoy 5 bases in five years. :eek:

Freudian slips on 2 sore points?

Well, if you have this view already before getting a job, then cancel interview and leave that spot to someone else, who wants his logbook finally rolling..
No idea about cadets, but whenever I decide to leave, I can, permanent contract with all taxes paid. I doubt those 5k WZZ is exactly the same scheme.. They have 3 types of contracts, 5k could be that Swiss contract.
And by saying "work less" I mean DUTY TIME (spent in uniform) is not same BLOCK TIME! Yes, you may log 900 a year, or 90 a month, with around 140 duty hours same month. I used to have 200 duty hours per 100 block, as you noticed, it is 60 hour difference, or a week of 12 hours in the office. It is a HUGE difference. It is called productivity. And it is much higher than competitors, and that is due to short turnarounds, if you complain about that and rather go 1 hour standart, 5 bases with constant travels in between, go ahead, then tell me how terrible your life is!

FlightDetent
15th Aug 2022, 11:59
No need to shout, bro. I am not comparing Lauda against Wizz, which might be a long needed improvement for many. Working for RYR from driving distance of one's home is as good as it gets in Europe.

I am comparing them against their own promises and perhaps how some people paint them. Also trying to understand what they are not saying.

Keep your enthusiasm, get on board and enjoy it. The stage is all yours.

ihatemorningflights
15th Aug 2022, 12:10
Well, if you have this view already before getting a job, then cancel interview and leave that spot to someone else, who wants his logbook finally rolling..
No idea about cadets, but whenever I decide to leave, I can, permanent contract with all taxes paid. I doubt those 5k WZZ is exactly the same scheme.. They have 3 types of contracts, 5k could be that Swiss contract.
And by saying "work less" I mean DUTY TIME (spent in uniform) is not same BLOCK TIME! Yes, you may log 900 a year, or 90 a month, with around 140 duty hours same month. I used to have 200 duty hours per 100 block, as you noticed, it is 60 hour difference, or a week of 12 hours in the office. It is a HUGE difference. It is called productivity. And it is much higher than competitors, and that is due to short turnarounds, if you complain about that and rather go 1 hour standart, 5 bases with constant travels in between, go ahead, then tell me how terrible your life is!

Yes WIZZ is with swiss taxation, so thats why it is around 5000 €. Do you know how taxation works at Lauda? From 68k yearly what is avarage net you get?

I can agree with you about the advantage of short turnarounds and nice roster. At the and there is a huge difference how you fly that yearly 900h.

RUDice
16th Aug 2022, 07:12
Yes WIZZ is with swiss taxation, so thats why it is around 5000 €. Do you know how taxation works at Lauda? From 68k yearly what is avarage net you get?

I can agree with you about the advantage of short turnarounds and nice roster. At the and there is a huge difference how you fly that yearly 900h.

That swiss tax is also sort of joke and check with your local tax authority if they are happy with that.
Roughly LDA taxes for VIE are same as everywhere else - 1/3 of the gross salary goes to government. So take that 60k x2/3 /12 =3.3 k on average should fall into account if will have those 800 hours.
So far income is more or less around this. And then there is 13th+14th basic salary in a year.

IFLYyouBREATH
16th Aug 2022, 10:29
What is your average ATPL scores for those one called ?

Abra4
16th Aug 2022, 13:43
What is your average ATPL scores for those one called ?

I don’t know mine exactly but more than 90% i am not sure if they are looking at the % or the retakes.

Gioinve99
17th Aug 2022, 17:39
has anyone been called for the assessment as cadets ntr? thanks

Abra4
17th Aug 2022, 18:23
has anyone been called for the assessment as cadets ntr? thanks

I did the online assesment, got a positive result about a week ago but haven’t got a date for the sim assesment yet. Hope they will contact soon. Anyone else did the online assesment?

sponiv
17th Aug 2022, 19:56
Hello,
does anyone know what to expect at DUB assesment regarding technical questions? Will they ask about airbus only or boeing as well? Thank you!!

Abra4
17th Aug 2022, 20:03
Hello,
does anyone know what to expect at DUB assesment regarding technical questions? Will they ask about airbus only or boeing as well? Thank you!!

Hi i am curious about this too. Have you got a date already?

sponiv
17th Aug 2022, 21:01
Hi i am curious about this too. Have you got a date already?
yes, I have it in less than two weeks

Abra4
17th Aug 2022, 21:04

Can i ask when did you do your online assesment?

sponiv
18th Aug 2022, 18:55
Can i ask when did you do your online assesment?
applied 22/07, got online assessment email on 02/08, did it on 08/08 (wanted earlier but had technical problems) and got DUB invitation 09/08

Cstefano99
19th Aug 2022, 10:15
hi guys, I've just got invitation for online assesment with deadline around 26th august. I've also noticed that on the ryanair career website lauda cadets option is disappeared. Do you think they have already reach the full amount of candidate? I heard from a frined of mine that they are looking for approx 150 pilots. Anyone received new DUB assesment date?
thanks for Halping

limahotel
19th Aug 2022, 16:32
Has anyone applied for the NTR DEC position and received an invitation for the interview/online assessment?

Whispering Giant
20th Aug 2022, 05:10
I applied on the 12/08/22 and have still heard nothing from them.

Abra4
22nd Aug 2022, 23:23
Hi,

just got the invitation to Dublin on the 15th September. Anyone else on that date? Also anyone has new information what is the assesment like?

Gioinve99
23rd Aug 2022, 13:02
hi Abra4,

when did you apply? are you NTR?

SkyHawk6E
23rd Aug 2022, 15:34
I applied as well, but haven't heard anything. for the fact that the vacancy has been pulled from their site does this mean that they already have enough pilots? or is it still possible to get the chance to be invited coming weeks? any info is appreciated, thanks :)

Abra4
23rd Aug 2022, 17:16
hi Abra4,

when did you apply? are you NTR?

Hey,

I applied on the 6th of august. Got the online assesment on 8th and after the positive result i got the sim invitation about 1.5 weeks.
I am NTR Cadet level.

i do not know what that means that they closed the application. I think it is still likely that they can invite the ones who already applied. Maybe they just have enough applications for now and that is why the got it off .

SkyHawk6E
23rd Aug 2022, 19:09
damn you got to do everything quick! congrats!! and good luck on the sim :) keep us posted

Gioinve99
24th Aug 2022, 09:34
did you do a modular training? Abra4

Abra4
24th Aug 2022, 12:30
did you do a modular training? Abra4

Yes i did a modular one. With APS-MCC on A320

Abra4
30th Aug 2022, 10:50

Hey,

Did you have your assesment? How did it go?
If you feel like that, could you write a short feedback for us? It would help a lot.

thanks in advance :)

Jalons
6th Sep 2022, 11:56
Hey,

I applied on the 6th of august. Got the online assesment on 8th and after the positive result i got the sim invitation about 1.5 weeks.
I am NTR Cadet level.

i do not know what that means that they closed the application. I think it is still likely that they can invite the ones who already applied. Maybe they just have enough applications for now and that is why the got it off .
How did it go? I hope you passed it :) Can you give us some information about the assessment? Were the technical questions about 737 or A320?

Abra4
16th Sep 2022, 13:22
Hey,

I had the assesment yesterday. I’ll write a quick feedback hope it helps. I am NTR Cadet level.
I won’t go into detail just the important stuff.

so after you are paired with your partner you recieve the charts you will need for the SIM we had Liverpool Bartn1T sid. You can start briefing with your partner, brief the callouts you will need as PF and when do you wanna start to descent slowing down for the ILS etc. Brief everything what you want here because you won’t have time in the sim. While every pair was briefing they started calling in for the technical interview one by one.

HR/Tech interview: Hr part was really straightforward. Just normal questions about you, your work and the where do you see yourself in 5 years and what makes a good captain etc. a few things about ryan/lauda (fleet,bases)
Technical part was quicker for me. The assessor asked me a few questions about my ME aircraft like what kind of engine, which is critical, landing gear etc. you don’t have to answer in 10 sentences, really briefly if he sees you know it he will give you another questions. After this a few other questions about the brake system and after this he asked me about the brakes of the jets. Again very briefly say something. Asked about ApU what does it provide AC/DC how what volage. Other than electricity what does it provides. A few questions about pressurization system. And then 1-2 question about cessna 152. That was it.

Me and my partner were the last ones in the sim so we waited like 3-4 hours. It was really quick. Fly the SID steep turns. Emergency DoDAR land back vectores to ILS and that is it. They don’t expect you to fly withing 50ft but have a good communicatiln with your prtner and help each other.

that was it. I got the positive answer a day later so today.

good luck everyone.

Johnny94
19th Sep 2022, 14:24
Hello there. Someone is still waiting for the SIM assesment call after passing the cut-e? They send me a positive feedback in August But haven’t received a date yet

Jetliner737
20th Sep 2022, 11:05
Hi there. I passed the online assessment roughly 1 month ago... I'm wondering when they will send an invitation to Dublin.

ihatemorningflights
24th Sep 2022, 10:56
Hey,

I had the assessment yesterday. I am A320 TR FO. This day all of us were TR, so I think what we had is more likely to apply for TR guys.

We had a bit different schedule then normally, we started with the SIM. I was paired with a TR captain.

SIM:
Very basic stuff with minor faults and with mandatory items.
Starting in DUB RWY 28L LIFFY7A SID. Normal takeoff with automation. After takeoff fwd cargo door open with pressurization problem confirmed. Ecam, dodar, nits, decision to go back. Weather is OVC 1000 VIS 5km. ILS out so only VOR approach for 28L. Briefing. Before the approach AP off, ATHR off, but we could have FDs. At MDH no visual, go around. During GA engine fail. Again ecam, dodar, nits. ILS is working again so ILS 28L. Weather the same. Before approach AP off but ATHR ON, FDs on, one engine landing uneventful. End of SIM.

HR:
Very basic question, as written here before many time. You history with aviation. Why Lauda? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Notice period?

TECHNICAL:
It was more related to the SIM what we had. Cargo smoke/fire system. Green hydraulic system and ita fault. Some random question on the cockpit mockup picture. I think for TR guys they can ask anything but they want to see only overall knowledge they will not go into details. If you know every system what it is and what for and you can say 2 sentences about it you should be fine.

That was it for me. Assessment was Friday, I got the positive answer on Monday. Good luck!

smith
26th Sep 2022, 11:45
What's best? Integrated or modular?

AMK1
22nd Dec 2022, 17:58
Anyone applied for lauda cadet last week? and does anyone know when we are gonna expect to do the online assessment!

JoeDarke
22nd Dec 2022, 20:50
How did you apply for Lauda? Was it posted in the RYR Career center?

AMK1
23rd Dec 2022, 08:23
How did you apply for Lauda? Was it posted in the RYR Career center?

yes it opened for like a day and they removed it the same day.
Anyone managed to apply for it?

Willtofly
21st Feb 2023, 11:10
Did anyone manage to apply last Thursday (16.02)? They took the listing down on Sunday.

nrizzo98
8th Nov 2023, 17:16
Hi guys
I have passed the online test for LAUDA on october 20th (i'm in the holding pool), but didn't heard anything since then.
Anyone like me?

Hogos
15th Nov 2023, 09:19
Hello everyone,

I recently received an invitation for an assessment at Lauda as an experienced FO.
Currently, I hold a permanent contract with another airline.
Initially, I was quite enthusiastic about this opportunity, but after engaging in conversations with others, various concerns have surfaced.

First of all is the salary, particularly in VIE.
Additionally, there's the looming plan of Ryanair to phase out Lauda's A320s, transitioning to an all-Boeing fleet. It seems like a significant number of people are leaving due to this impending change.

Now, I find myself hesitating to join a company where there's a notable exodus of employees, especially with the uncertainty surrounding the termination of A320 leasing.
Any insights or advice on navigating these concerns would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot !

PBSniper
15th Nov 2023, 09:33
Hogos,

I did a brief stint at Lauda before returning to my previous carrier, and I would suggest caution if considering leaving your current company especially if you've got a permanent contract with another airline. I'd be curious to know who you're currently working if you're looking to leave them for Lauda..

Best of luck

Hogos
15th Nov 2023, 09:44
thank you sniper,
I work for a small ACMI, so primarily, I was seeking a larger organization.
Essentially, we don't fly during the winter period, and I was looking for a more consistent workload throughout the year.
While it's a bit premature for me to consider at the moment, I'm also aiming for an upgrade. It wouldn't be feasibleto if flying twice a month during the winter.

cosmiccomet
15th Nov 2023, 11:30
Ryanair has bought 300 Boeing B737MAX10 for delivery between 2027 and 2033. I don´t see FR buying or leasing additional Airbus A320.
By the end of the 2023/2024 winter, STN base will be closed. Of 4 A320 based in STN, 2 will be returned to the lessor, and the other 2 will be sent to VIE and ZAG.

PBSniper
15th Nov 2023, 11:39
thank you sniper,
Essentially, we don't fly during the winter period, and I was looking for a more consistent workload throughout the year.
While it's a bit premature for me to consider at the moment, I'm also aiming for an upgrade. It wouldn't be feasibleto if flying twice a month during the winter.

How many hours do you have? Guessing you're current on A320F or another Airbus? Few operators recruiting at the moment..BA mainline/euro flyer, Virgin, maybe EZY. Would look into holding out for one of those. I don't wanna poop on your parade but I honestly wouldn't recommend Lauda unless paying your bills depends on it. The upgrade bit makes sense I guess, I thought the same, but imo it's better to place yourself on the list somewhere else. Just my take though. As always, horses for courses.

Hogos
16th Nov 2023, 08:06
thanks for your advices.
As a non-UK citizen without an ELP 6, I find it challenging to join British Airways or similar airlines, despite the current trend of recruitments throughout Europe.
While Lauda isfor sure a larger and more stable company compared to mine, I am hesitant to make a move that may introduce more uncertainties than I am currently facing.

midnight cruiser
16th Nov 2023, 08:15
BA would be even more challenging without a UK work permit.

I think Virgin and Ryanair group sponsor; BA I think not. I personally prefer to be in Europe anyway - horrendous tax rates vs. public services in the UK. The pilot market there seems to have gone from absorbing huge numbers of foreigner pilots - to having difficulty attracting anyone to go near it. I would be quite tempted by lovely Vienna, even on a modest net salary. Heard ok things about the general operation there.

RUDice
16th Nov 2023, 09:25
thank you sniper,

I joined straight after Covid from an ACMI, to get to upgrade you need one full winter and 800 hours, then I failed the upgrade test and need 2 more OPCs with excellent grades again. Resigned, as it is just not worth the money to wait, especially, ACMIs again pay SFO same as you get in LDA as CP. Yes, people are leaving heavily. Also promissed salary during training was postponed until first full month after Line Check. No pennies before.
Rent has risen in VIE + train+ food, you will spend around 1.2 - 1.5k a month in VIE. If your income is 3 to 3.6 (max 100 BH), is it worth it?
13th and 14th salary is paid only if full 5 months on payroll (after LC).
Consider carefully.

Good luck!

pilotozzo
17th Nov 2023, 14:53
Hi guys
I have passed the online test for LAUDA on october 20th (i'm in the holding pool), but didn't heard anything since then.
Anyone like me?

Same here. Still waiting, I guess it will take a while

nrizzo98
21st Nov 2023, 17:01
Same here. Still waiting, I guess it will take a while
Seems that someone who received the same email on 20th received the invitation today.

Fingers crossed

rotorwills
21st Nov 2023, 17:59
If you are looking to move into the group be aware that you will have a major disadvantage. You have to be very careful, the idea of only having 800 hours went after covid. They moved it to 1500 hours and I have good information that experienced rhs people are being held back in order to provide assistance to the low houred skippers. It goes right across the Ryan Air group. Their mantra is, promises they aren't worth anything. Many very experienced FO's are extremely agitated and many looking to move out of the group.