PDA

View Full Version : Micropat?

SpeedBird22
20th Jan 2001, 03:26
Hiya,
Probably a simple question but something I appear to have missed. Can anyone explain what MICROPAT is?? I'm not really stoopid. Honest :-)

Cheers,

SB22

Flying Fox
20th Jan 2001, 13:42
Micropat is the battery of pilot aptitude tests performed on the computer, hence the name. It usually consists of a number hand-eye coordination exercises using a joystick and/or rudder pedals, memory tests, spacial awareness tests etc. If you look out for WWW's big CEP posting in the Wannabes archive I imagine you'll find lots of information there which will help you.

BA use them at the first selection phase, as do the RAF, Cabair and BAE Systems for their airline selections as well. Oxford don't appear to, yet.

FF.

IOLAR60
20th Jan 2001, 14:51
Micropat=
Microprocessor pilot apptitude tests

Good luck with them, Relax and have fun.
I.

SpeedBird22
20th Jan 2001, 17:04
Thanks for all the help!!
SB22

Grypen
20th Jan 2001, 17:48
Try downloading the Astronaut Tests Extreme 7:

http://www.xt-infomatics.com/sw_dl.htm

It is similar in scope to Micropat I believe (I haven't dealt with Micropat but have done similar tests in the RAAF), and would give you a good idea of the types of thinking required to pass these new style exams.

Hope this is of use to all!

Cheers,

Grypen

SpeedBird22
21st Jan 2001, 03:49
Can anyone give me any specifics about what the tests include??? Is it mostly motor-sensory stuff/memory etc etc??

Thanks

SB22

SpeedBird22
21st Jan 2001, 04:05
Grypen,

That program is good...hopefully it is similar to the BA tests. Does anyone else know of any downloadable software of this sort?

SB22

[This message has been edited by SpeedBird22 (edited 22 January 2001).]