PDA

View Full Version : UK CAA or UK CAA and EASA fATPL (new student)

Houndstooth
30th Aug 2021, 17:02
Hello everyone, this is my first post although I’ve been watching the forum for a while now.
I have a PPL recently issued by the UK CAA & UK Class 1 medical and soon plan to start theory exams. I’m weighing up if its worth taking both UK CAA / EASA exams with the aim of obtaining both licences or should I just focus on the CAA. I’m a UK citizen without the right to work in Europe and so my thinking is the only real benefit of an EASA licence is that it may allow me in the future to apply for jobs with European registered operators based in the UK such as RYR. Is it worth the extra effort and expense?

Also, would I be right in thinking that to obtain both licences at the same time I would have to get a EASA medical, take the exams twice, take two MEIR/CPL skills tests and for all the training, including the night rating, be restricted to ATO’s with dual approval. My preferred route of first obtaining a CB SEIR and CPL doesn’t seem practical and maybe impossible if trying to achieve both licences at the same time due to all the skills tests, additional fees and potentially also finding an ATO which is willing to deliver this training. I would appreciate your views.

Contact Approach
30th Aug 2021, 20:02
Best advice I can give you is to wait.