PDA

View Full Version : Jandakot Airport lease to change hands?

Clare Prop
30th Aug 2021, 06:57
Looks like Jandakot's lease is about to change hands.

Dexus in talks to buy Perth’s Jandakot Airport and logistics hub (afr.com) (https://www.afr.com/property/commercial/dexus-in-talks-to-buy-perth-s-jandakot-airport-and-logistics-hub-20210827-p58mjt)

Ex FSO GRIFFO
30th Aug 2021, 07:52
At age 89, the South African fellow really needs the AUD 1 BILLION....for his 'Super' of course.

New owner = new fees and charges, of course......

Good Luck to all 'tenants' of JT.

At least Dexus is AUS owned....so the money stays in AUS, Yes..??
Dexus is an Australian Real Estate Investment Trust managing an Australian property portfolio valued at $32.0 billion. Dexus invests only in Australia and directly owns $16.5 billion of office and industrial properties.

VH-MLE
30th Aug 2021, 12:40
"At least Dexus is AUS owned" but is probably run by a South African... Read. expect no change...

Ex FSO GRIFFO
14th Sep 2021, 04:07
Slight 'Drift'....

For ALL to see - The effects of 'PRIVATISATION' of former Public Utilities, once owned by the taxpayers of AUS......

Now that SY airport is up for grabs for LOTTSA $'s, I would imagine that the effect of the change of ownership is that airport landing fees, rentals etc will all be increased, eventually.
I mean, no -one buys a 'monopoly' without wanting to make a (substantial ?) profit on their investment?

Therefore, I expect the overall result to be an INCREASE in passenger ticket prices, and airport leases / 'coffee' (etc) prices.

At JT, I suspect that the overall effect of any increases would be a corresponding DECREASE in the number of general aviation businesses and associated activities, generally.
I cannot see anything in it for the actual users of either facility.

Who started this 'privatisation' of Public Owned Assets anyway?

No Cheers Here....Nope...None at all.

Fred Gassit
14th Sep 2021, 08:14
For all the criticism that the regulator receives I honestly feel that privatising airports has been at least as damaging to general aviation activity.

Clare Prop
14th Sep 2021, 15:35
For all the criticism that the regulator receives I honestly feel that privatising airports has been at least as damaging to general aviation activity.

In my experience, a great deal more. The bastardry, price gouging and unconscionable behaviour, either supported and/or ignored by the Feds of both parties, has been relentless for over 15 years Ever since they were thwarted from closing the place down completely they have made things more and more difficult, expensive and inconvenient and ensured that any kind of healthy working relationship between them and the GA tenants is impossible.

The non aviation development circling Jandakot ensures no room for expansion outwards and so that means less and less GA parking areas available as development happens inside the remaining aviation precinct. The RFDS expansion for example has forced a long term tenant to be evicted from all their parking leases with the only option being far more expensive areas a long way from their premises. That seems to be the latest tactic to get rid of those annoying little GA businesses.