PDA

View Full Version : Agricultural Tiger Moth

Fris B. Fairing
28th Aug 2021, 22:41
I am doing a static restoration of a Tiger Moth sprayer and I'm looking for a wind-driven pump and spray bars that might be compatible with DH.82. They don't have to be serviceable. I'm also looking for the original drawings of the overturn truss that was mandated by DCA back in the day.
Grateful for any leads.

Fark'n'ell
29th Aug 2021, 06:30
www.croydonaviation.co.nz

Try these people Fris

Fris B. Fairing
29th Aug 2021, 07:58
www.croydonaviation.co.nz

Try these people Fris
I was hoping to find something on this side of the ditch but I'll give them a go. They had Tiger Moth dusters and sprayers in NZ but they didn't require the overturn truss which was a uniquely Australian mod.
Rgds

29th Aug 2021, 12:41
There could be one hanging from a windmill somewhere in SE Qld from one of Joh's Tigers:ok:.

Progressive
31st Aug 2021, 06:36
I am doing a static restoration of a Tiger Moth sprayer and I'm looking for a wind-driven pump and spray bars that might be compatible with DH.82. They don't have to be serviceable. I'm also looking for the original drawings of the overturn truss that was mandated by DCA back in the day.
Grateful for any leads.

The Walcha pioneer cottage and museum (Walcha and District Historical Society (http://www.walchadhs.com.au)) have a tiger with the truss still fitted. The original drawings should also be available in CASA airworthiness archives as they would have formed part of the now cancelled AD/DH82/6.

Fris B. Fairing
31st Aug 2021, 07:58
Thanks Progressive
CASA have come good with the drawings so all we need now are a wind-driven pump and some spray bars that can be adapted.
Rgds

TBM-Legend
31st Aug 2021, 21:52
Pay's Air Service might have something in their old shed. Call Ross...