PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft off runway Biggin Hill

SLF-Flyer
28th Aug 2021, 17:52
Bromley Police issue statement this afternoon, aircraft came off the runway at Biggin Hill Airport & local emergency services attended. All on board are OK

3wheels
28th Aug 2021, 21:51
Spitfire. His Number 2 diverted to North Weald.

treadigraph
29th Aug 2021, 08:21
That's sad to hear - I heard G-AIDN getting airborne yesterday morning and see from ADSB that G-AWGB nipped up to North Weald around 6pm and came back after 7pm, a bit of a Brucey bonus for a lucky punter I suppose! Hope damage to the other aircraft is minimal...

Gather a Tiger Moth pranged near Headcorn a day or two earlier, involved powerlines - fortunately no injuries.

DaveReidUK
29th Aug 2021, 10:23
Happened on Thursday. Reportedly clipped a tree before going into the power lines, finished up inverted. Two on board.

treadigraph
30th Aug 2021, 19:09
Both the two seaters flying on Saturday have been out and about today - wonder if it was a single seater OR, as has happened before, it was a blown tyre on the runway and took a while to clear? The previous occasion was described as an accident elsewhere!

bucoops
31st Aug 2021, 20:16
BBMF has been staying there the last few days but if it was one of theirs that would be common knowledge by now.

treadigraph
31st Aug 2021, 21:04
Yeah, their Mk XVI TE311 was in and out several times over the weekend I noticed!