PDA

View Full Version : BA Feedback

AssumeCrashPositions
20th Jan 2001, 03:20
Like so many others I got the elbow from BA. I made it through to the Final Board but had an interview with a pair of wanabee Gestapo agents and just made a complete mess of things. However, when I phoned up to get some feedback I was told that I would have to contact them again in the spring because the department was short-staffed. I tried again about a month later, only this time I was told to write a letter and they would respond with some ideas on how to improve. They wrote back saying that they couldn't help me until the spring (despite the secretary saying that they would reply with feedback).

Has anyone else had this sort of trouble, or did the interviewers tell the recruitment department to give me the run around (because that's what it feels like!)?

Covboy
20th Jan 2001, 21:18
I think I had the same interviewers as you! More of a 'see how much we can demoralise him and catch him out' sort of interview. The people there with me all agreed that they seem more interested in finding managers than pilots. Fair enough they say that the aptitude tests cover the quest to see if you have the skills to be a pilot, but surely having a selection process focussed mainly on managers rather than someone who can fly the plane is a bit too focussed on profit rather than saftey. In BA's case to save money they should round up lots of supermarket managers and then see which ones have any coordination, numerical and verbal skills. This way it wouldnt be so hard on us who work our socks off to get to the FB only to find out that we failed cos we may not know how to communicate expressivly to 1st class passengers in order to make them 120% happy ($$$$$$$).

Yes I may have just failed my FB, I wasnt being unfair to those of you who have passed (Good Luck to you all), it is just a long selction process, it would seem far better to me to have qualifications screened by personnel, then have the interview and then the aptitudes to finish off! Any ideas on this?

Ferrari
22nd Jan 2001, 22:28
You both must have pulled the short straw with interviewers. I felt mine really wanted to give me the job, and both were very friendly.

As for the feedback, if you live locally, why don't you just turn up at The Rivers and demand it!!

AssumeCrashPositions
22nd Jan 2001, 23:28
I feel like I did get the short straw to some extent. The only bit that was enjoyable was when I found out the pilot's name was Nigel.

I had a recent interview with OATS for the BM scheme which went much better so chin up and all that.