PDA

View Full Version : How to live on $10K

high talker
22nd Aug 2002, 11:01
Just wondering how people lived on around $10K a year when they first started in aviation.

Is it possible with out mummy and daddy? :confused:

luna landing
22nd Aug 2002, 11:24
Second job for a long time - then along came the rich sugar daddy...;)

cyclops camel
22nd Aug 2002, 13:08
Was just about to post when I realised you were talking 10K per year - I had some reasonable budget saving tips if you were on 10K per month!!!

Hang in there mate - we've all been there...

;) ;)

Sheep Guts
22nd Aug 2002, 14:56
Well its probably an extra Grand on what the JAM (dole) used to be. With that amount of income, you should get a second job, or try the dole because , you may still get entitlements, with an income of that size. The JAM used to around $9000.00 A YEAR!:(
I empathise with you mate, I ve been there like most.

kavu
22nd Aug 2002, 20:40
what do you mean for the first year

after 4 years i'm still on less than 10k:D

Rich-Fine-Green
22nd Aug 2002, 21:29
Second Job buddy;

Try being any kind of pub/bar work. Easy work to get in any town, pays OK. being a barman at 02:00 can also have it's fringe benifits. :cool:

Avoid any bouncer work. My nose still points south due to assaulting the fist of a jackaroo with my face.

cjam
23rd Aug 2002, 07:07
You too aye high talker, I'm on about that much but I'm still at the stage where I'm stoked not to have to pay for it.I took a close look at where my money was going and it eneded up being 75% on entertainment. Do what I do and try lighting fires for fun, it's very cheap and also keeps you warm.

high talker
23rd Aug 2002, 08:15
cjam
I would be happy if i could spend 75% on entertainment but that 75% is paying off the loan. Unfortunatly lighting fires doent turn me on but i will keep that idea for when i cant afford the gas bill.

flipside
23rd Aug 2002, 21:07
Yes it is possible without mum and dad if you want it bad enough, thats the difference, in my opinion, between those who make it or don't. (this observation only applies to those who don't have a cash cow. Those with cash cow different topic )