PDA

View Full Version : First Post

OZAZTEC
22nd Aug 2002, 10:56
Just wanted to say well done to the workers behind the scenes.
Great Service

BTW have u seen

Poll: RT Communication - Are we understanding everyone?

on the Main Thread?

:eek:

compressor stall
22nd Aug 2002, 11:36
I remember back when there were only 5 forums.....

And when Danny et al wanted to create our own forum as we were too annoying in Rumours and News (RIP) whinging about Dick Smith, there was a mild ruckus. Some of us felt we were being pushed away, banished as were were 200 years ago.

Now we have three forums just for us! :eek:

How times change.

Thanks again Danny and your team of hard working elves.

Torres
23rd Aug 2002, 04:08
I remember the days of one forum and less than 100 registered PPRuNers. At least in those days, Danny could go away for a few days without worrying about being sued!:D

robroy
21st Oct 2004, 07:47
C.S.

Yours was the 2nd. post on D&G, and YES,

WE are still complaining about,

dick ( head ) smith.

When the hell is he going to take the hint and get the hell out of our PROFESSIONAL lives.

Cheers,

robroy

tobzalp
21st Oct 2004, 09:11
Heh as a comment on the suing thing, I was reading another site today and a thread there bagging Pprune has an interesting stat that on here 94% of the legal action attempts come from Australians and DandG makes up only 15% of the site members. LoL indeed.

Ausatco
21st Oct 2004, 14:02
Yes, it's a sad indictment on us and our inability to conduct a discussion without recourse to slander, libel and abuse.

I don't know what it is about us, but we seem to have a unique ability to be blind to the real issues and instead take on the personalities behind them. Rather like our parliament, really, which is not a complement.

AA

gaunty
21st Oct 2004, 14:43
There is actually only a very small number of people who also seem to be height and brain challenged who need to resort to threats as a means of making a point they are unable to in normal discourse.

All in all the great majority are great fun, robust maybe but overall good blokes.;)

Woomera
22nd Oct 2004, 00:27
"All in all the great majority are great fun, robust maybe but overall good blokes."

Nah, I won't go there......... :{

Tobzalp, now I know where to find you when you are not in PPRuNe! :} That "other site" is an interesting place - almost 50% of the posts are about PPRuNe, mostly critical.

It's a site we Moderators go for a little bit of fun and relaxation! Sadly, they locked the thread we were playing mind games in! :}

Woomera from Uluru

tobzalp
22nd Oct 2004, 00:29
The site actually has some interesting info but sometimes, well, let this describe what I mean

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=421403&CategoryID=268569&startcat=1&ThreadID=1261188

tipsy
23rd Oct 2004, 01:37
I'm thankfull that I'm in Oz, it would be very depressing to have to live and work in the UK/EU.

"All in all the great majority are great fun, robust maybe but overall good blokes."

"Woomera from Uluru"

We are heaps better off that the rest of pprune

tipsy:=