PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 Medical - Expiration

zerograv
19th Aug 2021, 13:26
Hello.

Currently with an expired Class 1 Medical, and not that extremely concerned, given that there is nothing going on in terms of possibilites that require its availability.

Would like to enquire how long can one leave it lapsed before it becomes really complicated to get it again ? How long before it becomes equivalent to having to do something like a full Initial Medical Exam ?

Cardinal Fang
20th Aug 2021, 15:26
5 years from expiry

zerograv
21st Aug 2021, 13:17
You mean that after 5 years expired one has to do a full Initial Medical Exam ?
Not that I'm planning on going that far. Sometime next year, before the LPC, I will have to go for it.

kwaiyai
22nd Aug 2021, 07:58
This should help clarify Zerograv, From EASA regs, The UK allthough no longer EASA currently follow the 2 and 5 years as below.

(1) If the holder of a medical certificate does not comply with point (b), a renewal
examination and assessment, as applicable, shall be required. (2) In the case of class 1 and class 2 medical certificates: (i) if the medical certificate has expired for less than 2 years, a routine revalidation
aero-medical examination shall be performed; (ii) if the medical certificate has expired for more than 2 years but less than 5 years,
the AeMC or AME shall only conduct the renewal aero-medical examination after
assessment of the aero-medical records of the applicant; (iii) if the medical certificate has expired for more than 5 years, the aero-medical
examination requirements for initial issue shall apply and the assessment shall be
based on the revalidation requirements.

zerograv
23rd Aug 2021, 10:38
Thanks for the clarification.