PDA

View Full Version : Popham overcharging for trade fair entry!!!

rans6andrew
16th Aug 2021, 20:57
If you went to the Popham Microlight trade fair over the weekend and paid by card at the gate you might want to check your card statement, we were double charged for our entrance fee. The lady in the booth thought that the first payment didn't work and asked me to try again, which I did. I noticed that two payments were shown on my statement at 1 minute interval and described as "Pending" yesterday morning. By yesterday evening they were both shown as "Completed". My card provider advises that double charged Pending payments normally sort themselves out within a few days but that has not happened, yet.

Popham admin are looking into it.

On a happier note, the show was blessed with good weather and I was able to buy the stuff I ought to have for my flying this year, the pilot shop was one of the few traders in the big marquee, the other being the dealer for every body's favourite
microlight engine dealer. Outside there was Flylight showing aircraft and accessories and a handful of aircraft dealers showing aircraft. A number of the usual suspects were noticeable by their absence, GPS dealers, Instrument dealers, Transponder dealers, Radio dealers, Tools, Abrasives, Glues, Paints, covering materials, Oils etc, stayed away in their droves. I was a bit suspicious when I was not able to find an exhibitors list on the show website last week....

It was good to catch up with all of the faces I haven't seen for a year or two (we missed the 2019 event), folk we only see at the Popham do. I was able to remember all of the faces but few of the names, sorry to those that I had to ask to remind me, funny thing is that I can remember most of their aircraft, type, colour, engine etc.

Life is returning to normal, hurrah.

Rans6..........................