PDA

View Full Version : Minimum sim time

sluggums
12th Aug 2021, 12:52
Can anyone give me a reference for the minimum simulator time required for a multi crew type rating revalidation please?

BizJetJock
12th Aug 2021, 13:27
There is no reference because there is no requirement for any training for a revalidation. All the recurrent training requirements are from Part-OPS and relate to operator ongoing training, nothing to do with licences.

sluggums
12th Aug 2021, 21:32
Cheers. 2 hours seems to be the ‘expected/recommended’ amount.

milan.pilot
18th Aug 2021, 16:01
Can anyone give me a reference for the minimum simulator time required for a multi crew type rating revalidation please?

Why this kind of question?

sluggums
26th Aug 2021, 13:46
Why not...?

awair
27th Aug 2021, 01:57
Sub-part K
GM1 FCL.1015 (b) & (c)

This is only guidance: the (M) items specified in Appendix 9, as detailed in your NAA Examiner Report form, all need to be completed.

I can only presume that repeated documentation of checks significantly below 2 hours, might invite increased oversight of the examiner by the authority.

Note also the the Revalidation is the only activity that an independent Examiner can operate outside an ATO. So scrutiny, without the umbrella protection of an ATO would probably not be welcomed.

Good luck!

sluggums
27th Aug 2021, 06:54
Thanks Awair.

milan.pilot
27th Aug 2021, 12:16
Why not...?
because whenever I have been asked this kind of question, somebody was always thinking how to get around of something...
https://senior-examiner.com/en/faq/how-long-should-be-exams

sluggums
27th Aug 2021, 13:07
It’s not something I can ‘get around’. When you’re paying upwards of £300 per hour for a sim it lets you know approximate costs...

milan.pilot
27th Aug 2021, 15:43
It’s not something I can ‘get around’. When you’re paying upwards of £300 per hour for a sim it lets you know approximate costs...
unless there is none...
All the times serves as the guidance only.
The examiner leads the checkride. And if he thinks you need to repeat all exercises twice, then you will be and it can take twice the standard time..

gipsymagpie
28th Aug 2021, 17:16

If you are in the UK, this is covered in the Examiner Handbooks for Aeroplanes and Helicopters. Search for "Scheduling" in both cases. And its 2 hrs.