PDA

View Full Version : BEA 146 replacements for QF!

Ultralights
22nd Aug 2002, 08:53
Just a little something on the grapevine, QF are looking to replace the Bae 146 fleet,

and a little surprise is growing inside of the "deralict" Hanger 1 at ye ol KSA! next to the qantas hanger 2. ( the old hanger directly behind the Virgin aircraft when they are moving SLF from the tin shed)

a quick peak inside will reveal a nice new

Embraer 175 !!! and a Fusalage Mockup to Qantas standard.

and a lot of very important looking QF and Embraer staff.

(ill try to sneak my camera in there tomorrow!-- friday)

Agent86
22nd Aug 2002, 09:01
Well where was your camera :eek: !!!

More details please.

DesignerChappie
22nd Aug 2002, 09:57
I don't think it's a suprise that QANTAS are looking at replacing thier 146's, but it's not as clear cut as it looks.

All QF's 146's are leased, and the leases run for the next 7 years (they all come up for renewal over the next 7 years that is). Certainly Bombardier and Embrear are pushing for a decision to replace them with new products. But with QF adding Airbus (A380 etc.) and Boeings to thier fleet, they could be a bit stretched to introduce another new addition to their fleet. They have certainly been looking at replacing the 146's with second hand RJ's (sourced in Europe), and the feeling is that although the 146 fleet is 'knocking on' a bit, they are relatively trouble free and earn good money. So they may be around for some time yet.

RadAlt101
22nd Aug 2002, 10:18
"trouble free and earn good money" YOU HAVE GOT TO BE JOKING

fruitloop
22nd Aug 2002, 10:30
"Relatively" relative to what !!:eek: :eek:

go_dj
22nd Aug 2002, 10:36
http://www.embraer.com/english/content/aeronaves/aviacao_comercial/erj175/images/home.jpg

http://www.embraer.com/english/content/aeronaves/aviacao_comercial/erj175/tres_vistas/images/tresvistas.gif

Performance

Maximum cruise speed (Mach .80)
470 kts 870 km/h
Time to climb to FL 300
20 min 20 min
Take off field length (SL, ISA, MTOW)
6,365 ft 1.940 m
Take off field length (SL, ISA, 600nm)
4,494 ft 1.370 m
Landing field length (SL, ISA, typical landing weight)
3,983 ft 1.214 m
Range full pax @ 220 lb (100 kg), LRC
1,900 nm 3.519 km

Interior Configuration

The EMBRAER 175 seats 78 to 86 passengers. Its double bubble cross-section provides superior passenger comfort in the form of a larger cabin with maximized cabin width at shoulder level, a wider aisle, larger seats, higher baggage capacity, improved personal space, and increased leg room. Four-abreast seating eliminates undesirable middle seats, facilitates access to both seats and overhead bins, and makes boarding easier and faster.

http://www.embraer.com/english/content/aeronaves/aviacao_comercial/erj175/configuracao_interna/images/170_1.gif
86 pax
http://www.embraer.com/english/content/aeronaves/aviacao_comercial/erj175/configuracao_interna/images/170_2.gif
78 pax

http://www.embraer.com/english/

Airspeed Ambassador
22nd Aug 2002, 10:54
Despite high running costs, I suspect Qantas ARE making good money from the 146 because the leases are dirt cheap compared to new types. If they weren't spinning a profit surely they would have gone a long time ago.

As for the Embraer 175, I don't think it's available until 2004.

go_dj
22nd Aug 2002, 11:07
Just posted on YSSY message board:

True, it is there, however it is an Embraer 195, not a 175. I was told it has cost around $1m to bring it out here and set it up for the demo. It is 4 seats wide with the aisle down the middle, has grey leather interior and was put together using a forklift. It looks rather cramped inside, with not much headroom. They were setting it up on Wednesday evening.
Nigel

DesignerChappie
23rd Aug 2002, 06:09
'pedant mode on'

BEA do operate 146's. It's what was Jersey European, now renamed flybe.british european.

'pedant mode off' :D

Sir Topham Hatt
23rd Aug 2002, 06:35
Dear Fruitloop,:D :D

Thankyou for your words of interest but I must say as 24 has said before me on another post regarding this same matter...

Get out your paintbrush!

:p

fruitloop
23rd Aug 2002, 06:48
What !!!
(me climbs out of cot to retrieve dummy):D :D

----------------------------------------------------------------
Don't stress about life ................It's not permanent !!

DesignerChappie
23rd Aug 2002, 08:01
BIK_116.80

It was meant as a lighthearted comment, hence the grin. But if you insist that you are correct who am I to argue. However I would like to point out that British Europeans flight prefix is BE/BEA. I can, if you insist, provide the boarding card stubs to prove it.

I hope this is only the five minute argument :rolleyes:

DesignerChappie
23rd Aug 2002, 09:44
BIK_116.80

I thought I was allowed three strikes and out, but I can see you are more than a match for me. I shall withdraw, hopefully without losing my deposit. :)

shakespeare
24th Aug 2002, 06:54
Designer sorry about that mate, but some ozzies don't give up without a bl00dy good fight. I know where you are coming from but in this particular case BIK is pretty close to the mark! Hope things in France are as beautiful as ever!