PDA

View Full Version : PBN Revalidation in FNPTII

Gloriko
10th Aug 2021, 14:20
Hello all,

Quick question about MEIR (PBN) Revalidation (still valid) in FSTD.

FCL.625.A states :
(3) An FNPT II or an FFS representing the relevant class or type of aeroplane may be used in the case of paragraph (2), but at least each alternate proficiency check for the revalidation of an IR(A) in these circumstances shall be performed in an aeroplane.

I found a document on the EASA website that states To obtain the PBN privilege or maintain it, at least one approach during your skill test/LPC shall be a RNP APCH. Mind to check the capability of the FSTD if you are doing your LPC on an FSTD. To check this, you need to look at the FSTD certificate. Part 4 of the certificate “training, testing and checking considerations” indicate if an FSTD is capable for: RNP APCH LNAV, RNP APCH LNAV/VNAV, RNP APCH LPV, RNP AR APCH. If either of these are available, this FSTD can be used for establishing or revalidation of your PBN endorsement .

I would like to do the skill test in a FSTD, on the CAA certificate, it is approved for RNP APCH LNAV, LNAV/VNAV and LPV. The sim is an AL-250, certified as "MEP (GENERIC)".

Is is ok to perform the skill test on it as long as it is RNP approved or does the "MEP (GENERIC)" thing disturb this logic ?

Thanks for your help

Gloriko

rudestuff
11th Aug 2021, 06:26
Aren't all MEP Sims generic? MEIR is not type specific.

Gloriko
11th Aug 2021, 13:10
Aren't all MEP Sims generic? MEIR is not type specific.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you for MEIR. What about PBN ? Does PBN revalidation need a specific FSTD or a GENERIC MEP is fine to revalidate MEIR with PBN privilege ?

rudestuff
11th Aug 2021, 14:29
The guys running the SIM or doing the check should be able to tell you that, but it says RNP LNAV/VNAV so I'd say that's a yes. A PBN approach is basically a pink string approach using a GPS rather than ground-based facilities, so as long as the SIM can simulate that then you should be good to go.