PDA

View Full Version : Visa type for rating in the US?

glideslopealive
10th Aug 2021, 08:55
Hello everyone, I am about doing an initial type rating in the US. It could be at CAE Dallas or Allianz training Dallas. I already have a valid B1/2 visa. I don't know if that is okay, or do I need an M1 visa. The training duration is about 22days

alfaro
11th Aug 2021, 03:43
Hello, you can do it under your B1/B2...contact your school regarding TSA authoritzation for the specific type of trainig...in my case I did ATP-CTP + a320 Rating ( 2 TSA authorizations)

glideslopealive
11th Aug 2021, 06:41
Okay and thanks so much for the reply

flyboyike
11th Aug 2021, 13:31
Depending on which country you're from, you may not be able to enter the US at all at the moment.

student88
12th Aug 2021, 12:38
..however, you might qualify for a national interest exemption as you're travelling as a student. If you plan to arrive from a banned country you can always travel from a country that isn't excluded as long as you've been there for more than 14 days before travelling onwards to the US.

LTCTerry
2nd Sep 2021, 17:57
Alfaro,

Hello, you can do it under your B1/B2...contact your school regarding TSA authorization for the specific type of trainig...in my case I did ATP-CTP + a320 Rating ( 2 TSA authorizations)

I'm curious - did the ATP CTP people know you were going to do a type rating? Did you do ATP CTP in an A320?

Asking as I recently suggested to someone to look for place that would essentially get a head start on the type rating during the ATP CTP course.

It's good to know the two required two TSA authorizations.

Cheers!

havick
3rd Sep 2021, 10:58
Alfaro,

I'm curious - did the ATP CTP people know you were going to do a type rating? Did you do ATP CTP in an A320?

Asking as I recently suggested to someone to look for place that would essentially get a head start on the type rating during the ATP CTP course.

Cheers!

ATP-CTP will give you no credit towards a type rating. And honestly, the stuff Demonstrated in the sim for ATP-CTP is abbreviated, so you’d be probably be picking up bad habits.

treat the type rating and atp-CTP as totally different events.

Pilotkid
23rd Sep 2021, 10:05
Good day Flyers

I have a question...... Im currently flying a challenger in Africa for a private owner and just starting to really log quality flying time. So far this is the 3rd company I'm working with since I started flying 2020. When it's time for me to do my ATP, The examiner will need to verify my 1500hrs first correct? The previous two companies I were with I didn't have my log book stamp and signed by them. Would that be an issue where the Examiner is concerned? Does all pages in my log book need to stamped and signed as a requirement before doing check ride?

cheers

avionimc
23rd Sep 2021, 13:48
I didn't have my log book stamp and signed by them. Would that be an issue where the Examiner is concerned? Does all pages in my log book need to stamped and signed as a requirement before doing check ride?
No & no, I don’t think so. Unlike in Africa and some other countries, no one stamps logbook pages in the FAA world!

An instructor (CFI/CFII/MEI) signs/endorses the instruction flights that a learner pilot has received; and/or endorses the pilot’s logbook after an “Instrument Proficiency Check,” other “recent flight experience” (14 CFR 61.57) or a “Flight Review” (14 CFR 61.56). Otherwise, if you are already a rated pilot, you could sign (certify) each page yourself.

FMI and how logbook endorsements should look like:
https://www.faa.gov/documentlibrary/media/advisory_circular/ac_61-65h.pdf

See also:
https://fsims.faa.gov/wdocs/8900.1/v05%20airman%20cert/chapter%2002/05_002_019rev1.htm

alfaro
24th Sep 2021, 06:43
Alfaro,

Cheers!
In my case I did ATP-CTP and a320 rating at the same school. ATP-CTP required hours were flown using a320 sim as well.

alfaro
24th Sep 2021, 06:46
Well take into account that if you are going to do a type on a320, you can ask your school to fly your ATP-CTP requiered hours using a320, at least you will learn some flows, some maneuvers and get into the airplane philosophy before your actual type course.