PDA

View Full Version : CAE Oxford Aviation Academy Melbourne

max_ld1
8th Aug 2021, 23:56
With Victoria in lock down and movement restricted, why is it that CAE Oxford are operating and other flight schools have been forced to close.

HillpigSmytheIII
9th Aug 2021, 00:33
Probably due to having the correct Government approvals and approved procedures.

Nomde plume
9th Aug 2021, 01:19
From an earlier thread:

Can I fly a plane for recreation or take a flying lesson?  Recreational flying and flying lessons are not permitted.

Source:
https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/travel-restrictions

Not sure why RMIT CAE would find themselves outside the above statement…

It appears nothing has changed between lockdown 5&6

Mach1Muppet
9th Aug 2021, 01:57
Spoke to one of the student pilots there quite recently, it appears they have been given an exemption (i̶n̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶c̶u̶l̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶s̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶'̶s̶ ̶v̶i̶s̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶c̶k)

Stretch06
9th Aug 2021, 02:07
Internationals no, Swinburne Uni final year students Yes. The university had an exemption due to course completion dates.

Mach1Muppet
9th Aug 2021, 02:37
Internationals no, Swinburne Uni final year students Yes. The university had an exemption due to course completion dates.
That sounds more correct. Out of interest, what makes this lockdown different to the last one where they were forced to stop operations?

Checkboard
9th Aug 2021, 11:11
What makes COVID less likely if you have a course completion date, compared to a self-sponsored pilot trainee?