PDA

View Full Version : Schools offering dual licenses

futurepilot22
25th Jul 2021, 20:45
Anyone know of any schools in UK or Europe that offer the chance to train for a dual UK and EASA ATPL?
All I have found is Flying Time Aviation (FTA) in Sussex. Anyone know much about this place? Their advertising is quite vague.

rudestuff
26th Jul 2021, 03:27
Does vague include a phone number? If you want both licences it would be a fair assumption to make that any school in the UK offering an EASA licence will also be able to offer a CAA licence, they just may not market it that way.

B2N2
26th Jul 2021, 06:27
May I suggest you do the EASA license first?
There are and will continue to be many more job opportunities outside of the UK.

rudestuff
26th Jul 2021, 08:00
Get a medical, get a PPL and take both sets of ATPL exams then re-evaluate what you want to do.
Getting both licences simultaneously should be straightforward, you shouldn't need to choose one or the other.

futurepilot22
1st Aug 2021, 20:00
Does anyone know if I can sit the EASA ATPL exams independently, i.e. book and pay for the EASA exams outwith my training for a UK CAA license? So I would do my ATPL theory and CAA ATPL exams with my ATO but then I would independently arrange to sit the EASA ATPL exams as well. Or do I need to be enrolled on a course aiming for an EASA license to allow me to sit EASA exams? I want to obtain both licenses and only study once but the school I am looking at doesn't offer a dual license option.

Alex Whittingham
1st Aug 2021, 22:11
you would need to study at an ATO approved for EASA licences before the end of 2020, or an ATO with dual approvals, CAA and EASA. Most UK ATOs that do ATPL theory should be able to offer this.