PDA

View Full Version : Examiner required for IAA EASA revalidation

Sc00ter
18th Jul 2021, 09:48
Hi all,

I’m set to get my revalidation signed (before July 30th), I have the required hours/landings/instructor time logged.

I was just wondering, who’re you're getting to revalidate yours? This is the first time I’ve needed an IAA examiner, as I exchanged my licence two years ago.

I called to my nearest flying school on spec and an examiner there said he’d do it for €50. In the 20+ years of revalidating my previous licence version, no examiner ever sought a fee. I always offered something, but only once did one reluctantly accept.

jollyrog
18th Jul 2021, 17:24
It's easier than you think.

Email IAA Licensing with scans of your log book showing your hours and the 1hr instructor flight(s) you rely on for revalidation and they will print/send you a new ratings page for your licence. Until a couple of weeks ago they were sending the page by PDF for you to print yourself, along with a covering email to keep with your licence to say that "print your own" is a temporary COVID measure.

They don't ask for any money. No need to pay anyone €50.

Sc00ter
22nd Jul 2021, 10:56
It's easier than you think.

Email IAA Licensing with scans of your log book showing your hours and the 1hr instructor flight(s) you rely on for revalidation and they will print/send you a new ratings page for your licence. Until a couple of weeks ago they were sending the page by PDF for you to print yourself, along with a covering email to keep with your licence to say that "print your own" is a temporary COVID measure.

They don't ask for any money. No need to pay anyone €50.

Thanks very much for that info! Ive been on to the IAA.

Arrow Flyer
22nd Jul 2021, 11:07
Just to second that you shouldn't be paying anybody, I'm an IAA Examiner and never charge for this stuff!