PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 CAA Medical

truffles
15th Jul 2021, 10:21
Hey, so I have my Initial Class 2 Medical next week and just wanted to see what some of you guys suggest and recommend to do, if anything, before the medical.

dns
15th Jul 2021, 10:50
Asides from staying off the cocaine (bit late now if it's next week!) and not getting wasted the night before, there's not much you can do!

​​If you wear glasses, just make sure they are in good condition, and maybe give your ears a good clean ready for the hearing test!

Good luck with it!

Nightstop
15th Jul 2021, 12:34
My advice is not to eat anything containing sugar for a few hours before the medical. If your blood sugar level is borderline, a sweet bar of Twix etc will push you over the limit (as I found to my cost some years ago when I ate a large Twix on the way to my medical renewal, suspended until a HbA1c test proved I was in the upper normal range).

Dave Gittins
15th Jul 2021, 12:41
Agree about the sugar. At CAA house at Gatwick once I was detained for 2 hours to take a second test after my bowl of cornflakes an hour before the examination put me over.

Radgirl
16th Jul 2021, 22:12
There is nothing you can do for a class 2 except to have up to date glasses and not to go on a bender the night before. Eating sugar on the day does not put you over the top of anything except dental decay.