PDA

View Full Version : Can a U.K. CPL be used to gain employment

Black Pudding
13th Jul 2021, 14:03
Can a U.K. CPL alone be used to gain employment

Bravo73
13th Jul 2021, 15:43
Technically, yes. But you’ll have to be very lucky. Or, at the right time, in the right place.

But, generally speaking, no. And especially not at the moment. There are an awful lot of experienced pilots looking for work.

mavro26
14th Jul 2021, 07:37
Technically, yes. But you’ll have to be very lucky. Or, at the right time, in the right place.

But, generally speaking, no. And especially not at the moment. There are an awful lot of experienced pilots looking for work.

I agree, and I think hours count and experience are missing context from the original question. At 150hrs, no chance.

When you say awful lot of pilots out of work though? Is this really true for rotary? The rotary industry hasn't suffered nearly as much as the fixed wing over the past year.

OvertHawk
15th Jul 2021, 06:16
I agree, and I think hours count and experience are missing context from the original question. At 150hrs, no chance.

When you say awful lot of pilots out of work though? Is this really true for rotary? The rotary industry hasn't suffered nearly as much as the fixed wing over the past year.

It is true to some extent when you consider that in UK a significant number of the fixed wing guys now out of work have rotary licences too and will be looking for anything they can get - I personally know three guys who've lost fixed wing jobs and are now applying for rotary jobs.

Sir Niall Dementia
9th Aug 2021, 13:05
And in two cases I've met offering to undercut the freelancers currently being used.