View Full Version : Closed Loop Flying

controlledrest
7th Jul 2021, 20:03
DFO now hints at making Closed Loop Flying compulsory.

After everything the company has done (ignored our contracts, forced POS18 on to us, closing the bases, DEFOs....) why would anyone volunteer for this? Do we have no self respect? Other airlines engaged with their employees, agreed on temporary concessions and now return to original conditions.

LLLQNH
7th Jul 2021, 21:19
Because sadly if you don't there's a bunch of redundant former KA/HKA pilots that would love nothing more than for you to walk away so they can do your job including that closed loop, probably for less money too!

Veruka Salt
7th Jul 2021, 23:26
You can’t be forced into a closed loop - it requires your consent to waive certain provisions of the FTLs (2 in 14 etc), as you are consenting to take your G days downroute.

Hence the consent form.

Dragon Pacific
8th Jul 2021, 02:12
Correct VS, but only until they get an exemption to the FTLs from the CAD.

FreddyK
8th Jul 2021, 02:19
Veruka Salt

Just like they can't 'force' you to get vaccinated? Oh, wait a minute...

dabz
8th Jul 2021, 02:23
They forced us to sign COS18, sign or be fired.

Sue Ridgepipe
8th Jul 2021, 04:29
Surely this madness has to stop soon? Even one turn around flight to Taiwan wins you the grand prize of 6 subsequent covid tests. How many crew have actually returned a positive result? :ugh:

Piet Lood
8th Jul 2021, 05:02
Dragon Pacific

1 in 7 (not 2 in 14) has nothing to do with FTL’s and CAD, but with the labour law and hence the government.
Your consent to violate this law went out the window when they cancelled the RP’s years ago and they fired the guy who took them to court over it.
And that was BEFORE Carrie and her cronies strangled HKG, so….may the force be with you!

deja vu
8th Jul 2021, 07:26
Sue Ridgepipe

Not at all, there will always be sycophants willing to cut their colleagues throat. CX pilots have a history of this since around 1992 and it will continue forever.

swh
8th Jul 2021, 12:40
Anyone hear of some of our closed loop crew have been arrested under the direction of the CHP at the headland and taken to penny bay by the police because the aircon was not working ?

I cannot understand the logic, however that is what made me think this is might be true as I have not been able to follow the logic with other CHP procedures.

buggaluggs
8th Jul 2021, 23:47
If true the company will be desperate to keep it very VERY quiet if they hope to get ANY volunteers for next month!

Sqwak7700
9th Jul 2021, 01:18
This madness will end when people stop volunteering to enable it. The easier you make it for those inventing this new normal, the more it will become so.

Sounds simple, cause it is.

controlledrest
9th Jul 2021, 03:23
100% True.

Just Say No (unless you return us to pre-covid contracts once loads are back).

Other decent airlines I have friends at have returned to previous conditions now that they are flying as much as before.

mothy1583
10th Jul 2021, 00:11
swh

I know one friend that this happened to and have heard of a second one a few days prior to my mate getting locked up. Not sure the police were involved but my friend was sent there under a very flimsy/unfair excuse. No assistance or pushback from CX though they did manage to get a care package to him after a few days.

WeelardPassord
10th Jul 2021, 06:35
swh

what do you mean by the aircon not working and got sent to penny bay? Like they left the room because aircon not working? Or just aircon not working and got sent to penny’s bay?

Jnr380
11th Jul 2021, 13:00
Just a heads up, there will be another threat this week to force us into closed loop. GH will not rest till we’re nothing more than a bunch of grovelling orphaned children asking for scraps. “Can I please have some more…”

VforVENDETTA
11th Jul 2021, 20:43
controlledrest

It wouldn't matter anymore. They've proven once and for all that a contract they sign with their employees isn't worth the toilet paper it's signed on. Even if they return you to your previous conditions now, they could again and again cut it down to size any way they wish. You'd be mentally ill to put any weight on what they offer you to stay and not take any survivable option of a job offer when the hiring picks up and you're offered a job anywhere else where you're offered a contract. Cathay can never again claim to offer you a contract. They've lost ALL credibility as an employer permanently. Stop framing your future with any trace of Cathay in it. Unless you're desperately unemployable anywhere else either because something is wrong with you or that where you can get a job back home there just aren't any jobs right now etc. You should just be moving beyond Cathay.

Meanwhile, do as little as possible, be as inefficient of an employee as possible as you can. They're paying you half as much, so do half as much. Before you burp the word "PROFESSIONALISM" , they're paying you half as much, you only have half your job left, and they're only entitled to half your professionalism.

Avinthenews
12th Jul 2021, 04:14
Centre for Health Protection (CHP) allowed CX to create a quarantine hotel but it’s the CHP rules. And they monitor it just like all quarantine hotels.

Break the rules and you go to Penny bay.

No common sense, no buts, no special Cathay treatment. It’s CANNOT anyone who’s been here any significant time should know this.

Arguing with the Hong Kong Gov. will get you no where.

controlledrest
12th Jul 2021, 10:07
VforVENDETTA

100% correct, sound advice.