PDA

View Full Version : Configurable seating: H125/H130?

HeliPPL
7th Jul 2021, 16:54
Is a non-engineer allowed reconfigure the seats in either the H125 or H130? Specifically changing between the 5+1 and the 6+1 forward facing configuration in the H125, or changing between the 6+1 and 7+1 configurations in the H130?

Are there physically enough mounting holes on the floor for that to be possible? Would the CAA allow it?

Nubian
13th Jul 2021, 08:29
Is a non-engineer allowed reconfigure the seats in either the H125 or H130? Specifically changing between the 5+1 and the 6+1 forward facing configuration in the H125, or changing between the 6+1 and 7+1 configurations in the H130?

Are there physically enough mounting holes on the floor for that to be possible? Would the CAA allow it?

The 7 seat configuration of the 350 (most used option, 2-place bench left side) is a STC with permanent separate rails that is fitted to the floor.
Once this is done, the swapping of the standard seat to the bench may be done by an appropriately task trained pilot.
Don’t know the 130, but I imagine it is a similar process to convert from the standard 7 seat to the 8 seat option.

Mee3
13th Jul 2021, 09:00
Even you already have the rail fitted, be it factory or STC, reinstall seats is a maintenance task and request maintenance release. In today's rule, probably a Part M.G guy to "declare" your operation config too. Folding the bench however is a different story.

Nubian
15th Jul 2021, 20:58
Even you already have the rail fitted, be it factory or STC, reinstall seats is a maintenance task and request maintenance release. In today's rule, probably a Part M.G guy to "declare" your operation config too. Folding the bench however is a different story.

Do you have a reference for that? As far as I know, a pilot can receive task-training from the CAMO which will make him able to give the CRS for this in the tech-log.

GrayHorizonsHeli
16th Jul 2021, 12:49
In Canada, elementary maintenance can be performed by an appropriately trained pilot of a maintenance release is not required. What the UK allows, I dont know.
Take this information at face value.and decide if removing seat A, installing seat B and putting a new weight and balance revision in place constitutes a task that falls into this list.

https://tc.canada.ca/en/corporate-services/acts-regulations/list-regulations/canadian-aviation-regulations-sor-96-433/standards/standard-625-appendix-elementary-work-canadian-aviation-regulations-cars

Mee3
16th Jul 2021, 14:21
Do you have a reference for that? As far as I know, a pilot can receive task-training from the CAMO which will make him able to give the CRS for this in the tech-log.
Exactly you said, you need a camo guy to let you do it. everything is written in 145 and part M,g. Every camo is not the same.