PDA

View Full Version : ICAO 737 rating to FAA license

jangju89
7th Jul 2021, 06:57
Hello everyone.
I have a question about rating conversion.

I have ICAO ATPL with 737rating
also I have FAA CPL(ME).

If I want FAA CPL with 737rating,
do I have to contact one of the flight school like PanAm? or can it be transfer at FSDO without any sim?
do anyone know about this?

MarkerInbound
7th Jul 2021, 12:55
You would have to complete a training program at an approved training center. Many training centers have short programs for pilots who already have time in the aircraft.

bafanguy
7th Jul 2021, 13:21
If I want FAA CPL with 737rating...

Just for discussion purposes, where would you use an FAA CPL with a B737 rating ?

If you have the required flight times, would it be more advantageous to get an FAA ATPL instead ?

Sunrig
7th Jul 2021, 15:22
I did EASA ATP to FAA ATP. There is no easy conversion for a type rating. I had to do a type rating course for the FAA though I was EASA type rated and had almost 20 years experience on the 737. Luckily PanAm offered a shortened type rating course.

jangju89
7th Jul 2021, 23:55
Yes that is more better.
I thought it will be more easier to get 737 rating on CPL rather than get a FAA ATPL.

But now, after some homework, I might be get a ATPL instead of just adding 737 rating on CPL

bafanguy
9th Jul 2021, 20:29
jangju89,

Not sure about this organization, but they're advertising license conversions so it might be worth inquiring to see what their scheme is pricewise. Their exhortation to "Fly in the USA" is a bit bold because having an FAA license isn't the critical factor, legal ability to live/work here is and is a different subject.

https://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401539463/foreign-license-conversion-to-faa-fly-in-the-usa-/?TrackID=110&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=general

havick
10th Jul 2021, 02:47
jangju89,

Not sure about this organization, but they're advertising license conversions so it might be worth inquiring to see what their scheme is pricewise. Their exhortation to "Fly in the USA" is a bit bold because having an FAA license isn't the critical factor, legal ability to live/work here is and is a different subject.

https://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401539463/foreign-license-conversion-to-faa-fly-in-the-usa-/?TrackID=110&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=general

Total scam or at least being very loose with their advertising.

bafanguy
10th Jul 2021, 10:39
Total scam or at least being very loose with their advertising.

Certainly has a big question mark over it.

MarkerInbound
10th Jul 2021, 11:06
In the FAA world a type rating is done to ATP standards no matter the level of certificate. If you were to get a 737 type on a PVT certificate when you get your commercial the type would move up to the commercial level because you have already done everything to ATP standards. Same thing again when you get your ATP.