PDA

View Full Version : SP IR Approaches

sluggums
6th Jul 2021, 20:54
Is there any paperwork required to catalogue the 3 departures and arrivals for a current MP IR Holder, who has previously held a SP SE IR, and wishes to revalidate/renew their SP IR Rating? The documentation is somewhat unclear. TIA.

rudestuff
7th Jul 2021, 00:00
I think you just log them and show your logbook to the examiner who signs your licence.

enzino
1st Feb 2023, 12:20
I am resurrecting this old thread because I am facing a similar situation.

I currently hold a MP IR and my SP IR expired in 2018. Can I renew the SP IR with the MEP renewal which also expired in 2018 without further IR training required?

Stan Evil
15th Feb 2023, 17:41
You must hold a current ME class rating to hold an SP ME IR. This can be renewed at the same time as the SP ME IR. Whilst Part FCL exempts you from retraining for the SP IR if you have a current MP IR, there is no exemption for retraining for the ME class rating. How much you need must be decided and given by an ATO. To renew the SP ME IR by cross-crediting (Part FCL Appendix 8) you'll need to fly Section 6 with an examiner - EFATO, asym approach to go around, asym landing. If your SE class rating is current, you get SE IR privileges automatically by doing the ME test.