PDA

View Full Version : Calling all armourers

RAFRegtBeefyBayonet
5th Jul 2021, 13:05
Some questions :confused:
What colour where Skyflash and Sidewinder live rounds on a Phantom in the late 80's early 90's ?
One for the Harrier boys, did the GR.3 ever get loaded with those double rocket pod thingies ?
What was the standard loadout for a Harrier early 80's

Yeh, I know it might be here somewhere but as a former Rock, I'm lazy :p

SASless
5th Jul 2021, 15:52
An honest Rock.....amazing!:oh:

Duck and Cover dear Boy....lots of incoming headed your way I bet!

MAINJAFAD
5th Jul 2021, 15:53
Some questions :confused:
What colour where Skyflash and Sidewinder live rounds on a Phantom in the late 80's early 90's ?
One for the Harrier boys, did the GR.3 ever get loaded with those double rocket pod thingies ?
What was the standard loadout for a Harrier early 80's

Yeh, I know it might be here somewhere but as a former Rock, I'm lazy :p

Pretty sure the missile bodies were Medium Sea Grey on the live ones. There was if memory serves a table in JSP 316 (Marking of Ammunition and Associated Packages) issued in 1988 that covered the colour schemes and markings of all the missiles in British service at that time. Another source of info was a latter Defence Standard Document.
MODUK - DEF STAN 00-810: PART 7
Marking of Ammunition and Associated packages Part 7 Guided Missiles, Components and Parts. (2006).
which is for sale on some document library sites

dctyke
5th Jul 2021, 19:42
Regular load out (patching) on the harrier gr3 was C.F.P.F.R which is carrier, fuel, practice, fuel, rockets. Only had single sneb on outside pylons in my time however saw pics of 70s display ac on the ground with twin carriers with double sneb pods.

RAFRegtBeefyBayonet
6th Jul 2021, 08:14
Hehe, my days of digging holes are long gone :)

RAFRegtBeefyBayonet
6th Jul 2021, 08:19
Thanks, I'm pretty sure that read somewhere that British AAM's where never white, despite what Revell says :)

RAFRegtBeefyBayonet
6th Jul 2021, 08:20
Nice one, thanks very much :ok: