PDA

View Full Version : German Federal Police Super Puma

SpyPilot
1st Jul 2021, 08:54
Watching a Frontline episode there was video of a Super Puma with a large add-on protruding from the main cabin just forward of the port side sliding door.

Not shown in the photo but I wonder if anyone might know what it is.

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/220x165/bundespolizei_super_puma_b599f9e7aa20be9e5b156856ba034f1a2e1 daaaa.jpg

Fareastdriver
1st Jul 2021, 08:56
We had an ex Korean VIP version that had an air conditioner just aft of the copilot's door.

SpyPilot
1st Jul 2021, 08:58
Thanks. I see now that it closely followed the outline of the cabin window just above the registration

212man
1st Jul 2021, 11:06
https://pixels.com/featured/german-federal-police-super-puma-timm-ziegenthaler.html
This? as FED suggests - it's aircon unit

Blackhawk9
1st Jul 2021, 14:42
Yes aircon pack , at least on the 225 Airbus managed to fit it into the sponson

212man
1st Jul 2021, 15:16
'We' bought general Noriega's 332 in the early '90s after the US relieved him of command and gave him a free holiday. It came with aircon, airstairs, toilet, tinted windows and two bullet holes, I recall. It kept the tinted windows..... G-BTCT.

Fareastdriver
1st Jul 2021, 15:37
The Chinese company bought Samsung's 332L1 when there was a bit of financial difficulty at the turn of this century. About 450 hrs and flown from South Korea to Shenzhen by a Chinese crew whilst still on the South Korean register (Licences?)

A brief description of the interior from a post I contributed a few years ago.

One lowered an airstair door to enter the front cabin. Radiant beech panelling lined the walls with four sumptuous swivelling armchairs spaced evenly around. There was a drinks cabinet at hand and a telephone to address the driver with. The rear cabin had airstairs under the boom was merely set out with six club class armchairs but had, as the front did, a carpet you had to wade through. There was also a door so that the president’s needs, during the seven or eight minutes between establishing in the cruise and starting the landing profile, could be attended to.

Unfortunately they banged it down to a standard offshore fit.