PDA

View Full Version : It's raining cats and dogs on board.

Checkboard
30th Jun 2021, 16:10
Pets to be allowed in the cabin on commercial flights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqNEtvU-WVY

nonsense
30th Jun 2021, 17:27
Pets to be allowed in the cabin on commercial flights?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqNEtvU-WVY

It's Alan Jones. No point in responding to anything Alan Jones says.

ShyTorque
30th Jun 2021, 20:49
I was on an internal flight to Florida a few years back. Someone had a small parrot in a travel cage with them. It escaped when we were at cruising altitude and it flew the full length of the cabin then perched on the back of a seat near me. It was harmless but the terrified reaction of some passengers was surprisingly hilarious. One chap wanted it put off the plane! Another claimed he would now get bird 'flu and would be suing the airline. Another one almost dived to the floor. All grown men...at first glance, anyway.

Veruka Salt
30th Jun 2021, 22:19
Cats & dogs (up to a certain size) are allowed in cabin on plenty of airlines. Off the top of my head: American, Air Canada, Thai, Turkish, Lufthansa …….

Lead Balloon
30th Jun 2021, 22:37
I'll be bringing my companion horse.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune.org-vbulletin/620x620/companion_horse_594d82fb9b9afeb7cbaec510fb6492098a1a0145.jpg

Chronic Snoozer
30th Jun 2021, 22:54
I was on an internal flight to Florida a few years back. Someone had a small parrot in a travel cage with them. It escaped when we were at cruising altitude and it flew the full length of the cabin then perched on the back of a seat near me. It was harmless but the terrified reaction of some passengers was surprisingly hilarious. One chap wanted it put off the plane! Another claimed he would now get bird 'flu and would be suing the airline. Another one almost dived to the floor. All grown men...at first glance, anyway.

I hate snakes!

neville_nobody
1st Jul 2021, 00:15
What are CASA smoking with such daft regulation? A quick google search of what has happened overseas with this should be reason enough to ban all animals except guide dogs in the cabin. Then when the inevitable happens and someone gets bitten or urinated on by an animal how are the regulator and the airlines going to defend it? Where is the duty of care? How will they defend a small child getting mauled?

I don't understand how CASA can be so ridiculously pedantic in the way they regulate aviation in this country yet they will allow such stupidity as this. It's an offence for the captain to take a toilet break during flight but bring on your emotion support donkey and pitbull no problems.

AerialPerspective
1st Jul 2021, 01:08
Cats & dogs (up to a certain size) are allowed in cabin on plenty of airlines. Off the top of my head: American, Air Canada, Thai, Turkish, Lufthansa …….

Falcons are popular on Middle-East carriers.......

VolLibre
1st Jul 2021, 01:40
Remove cats before flight

Lead Balloon
1st Jul 2021, 01:50
FIFY:
<snip> I don't understand how CASA can be so ridiculously pedantic in the way they regulate some aspects of aviation in this country yet they will allow such stupidity as this. It's an offence for the captain to take a toilet break during flight but bring on your emotion support donkey and pitbull no problems.CASA probably did a survey of punters and asked them:

(1) Would you feel more comfortable on a flight if you could bring a companion animal?

(2) Would you feel comfortable on a flight if the pilot in command left the cockpit?

nonsense
1st Jul 2021, 03:14
It's Alan Jones. No point in responding to anything Alan Jones says.

OK, now we have a mainstream media report rather than Alan Jones trying to provoke outrage:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/30/pets-on-planes-australians-may-soon-be-allowed-animals-in-cabins-but-airlines-are-hesitant

Tubman601
1st Jul 2021, 03:22
That would be awesome, I can smell when my German Shepherd takes a dump in the yard 10 metres away, that would go down well in a sealed cabin. Closely followed by 50 people vomiting.

PoppaJo
1st Jul 2021, 03:52
That would be awesome, I can smell when my German Shepherd takes a dump in the yard 10 metres away, that would go down well in a sealed cabin. Closely followed by 50 people vomiting.
I was going to say half the passengers on many of my fights act just as bad as that.

We are a nation of snowflakes. I can’t be bothered dealing with all the Karen’s down back wanting to speak to my team about other people’s dogs and cats on every bloody flight.

Perhaps Rex being a country battler airline they could let its pax bring the whole farm yard onboard. Plenty of empty seats to strap in the whole gang.

compressor stall
1st Jul 2021, 05:28
FIFY:
CASA probably did a survey of punters and asked them:

(1) Would you feel more comfortable on a flight if you could bring a companion animal?

(2) Would you feel comfortable on a flight if the pilot in command left the cockpit?
brilliant!👍

blind pew
1st Jul 2021, 06:36
Used to rain cats and dogs on me during descent on the DC10...had it in business class on a BA747 flying to ANC which turned out one of the crew had plugged the overflow in the first class galley sink and forgotten it.

Anti Skid On
1st Jul 2021, 06:56
I was going to say half the passengers on many of my fights act just as bad as that.

We are a nation of snowflakes. I can’t be bothered dealing with all the Karen’s down back wanting to speak to my team about other people’s dogs and cats on every bloody flight.

Perhaps Rex being a country battler airline they could let its pax bring the whole farm yard onboard. Plenty of empty seats to strap in the whole gang.
A mate of mine was SLF in Siberia; on board were chickens, ducks and piglets, not in cages but on the laps of passengers. He was on the 'European' seats (the ones with a belt with a buckle). The locals had trouser belts or rope as their seat belts.

junior.VH-LFA
1st Jul 2021, 07:07
What are CASA smoking with such daft regulation? A quick google search of what has happened overseas with this should be reason enough to ban all animals except guide dogs in the cabin. Then when the inevitable happens and someone gets bitten or urinated on by an animal how are the regulator and the airlines going to defend it? Where is the duty of care? How will they defend a small child getting mauled?

I don't understand how CASA can be so ridiculously pedantic in the way they regulate aviation in this country yet they will allow such stupidity as this. It's an offence for the captain to take a toilet break during flight but bring on your emotion support donkey and pitbull no problems.

I’ve been pissed on by human PAX before while they were drunk. I’d prefer the dog.

SOPS
1st Jul 2021, 07:23
Actually, some of the people I see flying these days.. I’d prefer the dog.

Buttscratcher
1st Jul 2021, 09:38
Hang on...look at the bright side....we could have 'Bring your dog to work day'.

ShyTorque
1st Jul 2021, 09:54
FIFY:
CASA probably did a survey of punters and asked them:

1) Wouldn’t bother me either way.

2) Depends if he was wearing a parachute.

machtuk
1st Jul 2021, 10:20
During an emerg Evac do the animals get left behind? Be interesting to see how some animals behave when the humans panic! We humans fart as pressure drops, some dogs will stink the cabin out!
Dumb idea!

cattletruck
1st Jul 2021, 11:53
Would that be a seat next to a window, isle, dog, cat, pony, parakeet...

What would you like, chicken, beef, whiskers, chum, hay, sunflower seeds...

deja vu
2nd Jul 2021, 10:24
OK, now we have a mainstream media report rather than Alan Jones trying to provoke outrage:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/30/pets-on-planes-australians-may-soon-be-allowed-animals-in-cabins-but-airlines-are-hesitant

The Guardian is "mainstream media", thats the funniest thing I've heard for donkeys years, what was that quote about sin attached to Alan Jones comments?

thunderbird five
2nd Jul 2021, 11:20
Raining cats and dogs?
There was a cargo plane carrying Nissan gearbox parts that exploded midair.
They say it was raining Datsun cogs.

HillpigSmytheIII
3rd Jul 2021, 01:45
Simple: as PIC only seeing eye dogs allowed on my aircraft!

flightleader
3rd Jul 2021, 04:47
Understood! Only PIC’s seeing eye dog allowed.:}

Ex FSO GRIFFO
3rd Jul 2021, 08:40
# 25 is the WINNER !!

rcoight
3rd Jul 2021, 10:47
The Guardian is "mainstream media", thats the funniest thing I've heard for donkeys years, what was that quote about sin attached to Alan Jones comments?

Thanks. Saved me from writing that.

Ken Borough
3rd Jul 2021, 11:56
I don’t have a dog in this race but it’s a pretty crazy idea, especially as the airlines have weightier things
to consider at the moment. But then, maybe it’s not a novel idea: I’ve seen plenty of passengers in First Class cabins behaving like pigs! Perhaps this proposal would legitimise their behaviour?

DeRated
4th Jul 2021, 02:32
For some of the old(er) PNG crew - I remember Bob Walton at Hoskins checking under laplaps for breast feeding piglets in the 1970's on AirNuiGini F27s and DC3s.

Ascend Charlie
4th Jul 2021, 05:11
I'd prefer a well-tended pig on the seat to having a PNG highlander wearing assgrass plonk his rear end on it.

Shackeng
4th Jul 2021, 10:48
Falcons are popular on Middle-East carriers.......

Yep, I operated a gold plated luxury 707 for a Sheikh back in the day. After landing the carpets were often covered in bird poo.

WingNut60
4th Jul 2021, 14:25
Yep, I operated a gold plated luxury 707 for a Sheikh back in the day. After landing the carpets were often covered in bird poo.
So, did someone have to spook the birds at departure to lower the take-off weight?

Shackeng
4th Jul 2021, 14:43
So, did someone have to spook the birds at departure to lower the take-off weight?

Yes we tried that, we wondered if the pax might shoot them though as they invariably climbed on with loaded weapons. Fortunately the plane was fitted with STAN (I think it was called) which gave the A/C actual weight while on the ground.

megan
5th Jul 2021, 00:07
did someone have to spook the birds at departure to lower the take-off weight?I'm afraid that won't change a thing. :8

Roj approved
5th Jul 2021, 00:15

Didn’t Charles Lindbergh disprove this?

Car RAMROD
5th Jul 2021, 04:00
I'm afraid that won't change a thing. :8

Maybe if they were on a conveyor belt too?

cirrus32
5th Jul 2021, 04:12
Not just for the big boys - it means I won't have to keep renewing my permit ($$) to have my suitably restrained and well behaved dog in the back seat of my 172!

deja vu
5th Jul 2021, 09:55
Anyone cruel enough to subject their pets to the horrors of domestic air travel in Australia should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

Lead Balloon
5th Jul 2021, 10:35
Love it, dv. Love it!

Domestic commercial air travel in the cabin should be specifically prohibited in animal cruelty legislation.

ShyTorque
5th Jul 2021, 20:39
# 25 is the WINNER !!

Ah yes, old jokes are sometimes the best.

That one's at least thirty years old - "Datsun" changed its name to "Nissan" in 1981!

ShyTorque
5th Jul 2021, 20:41
"****ehawks"

I'll have you know I'm fully house trained.