PDA

View Full Version : Flights to France from UK in 1997

jackofclubs
27th Jun 2021, 18:40
Hiya Thank you for allowing me to post a message.

The question I hoped someone may know the answer to is, did Monarch Airlines fly from the UK to either Bordeaux or Toulouse in 1997. If so would you know from what UK airports?

If they didn't, would you know what airlines did fly to either of them cities and from what UK airports.

Thank you very much in advance for any help and assistance, really appreciate it.

MAC 40612
30th Jun 2021, 22:22
Hiya Thank you for allowing me to post a message.

The question I hoped someone may know the answer to is, did Monarch Airlines fly from the UK to either Bordeaux or Toulouse in 1997. If so would you know from what UK airports?

If they didn't, would you know what airlines did fly to either of them cities and from what UK airports.

Thank you very much in advance for any help and assistance, really appreciate it.

Are you after just charter carriers who flew between TLS/BOD and the UK or scheduled carriers as well? Are you after just UK airlines or airlines from France as well?

jackofclubs
1st Jul 2021, 06:18
Thanks for your reply. It would be a low cost carrier/charter flight with a UK airline, flying from the UK to TLS/BOD in 1997.

Jetset 88
15th Jul 2021, 10:57
Many UK airlines flew to Toulouse from different airports in the UK every year during the post-Christmas Winter skiing season. Air 2000, Monarch, Airtours, Thos Cook....... and other ski-package holiday ones.

jensdad
16th Jul 2021, 01:58
I know TAT (regional airline based in Tours I think) flew from London Gatwick to a few French destinations in the mid-90's, under a British Airways franchise - Fokker 100's in full BA colours. I flew from Gatwick to Marseille and back with them in 1994. Quite possible they went to Bordeaux and Toulouse as well.

Matt995
17th Jul 2021, 00:09
Monarch flew ski flights to Toulouse at weekends for the winter seasons, ie January to April, and December from Gatwick and Manchester only

Other UK charter airlines would have flown ski flights as well to Toulouse during the same period, from the major UK airports, Birmingham for example had Air 2000, British Airways and even Maersk Air UK flights. Airtours, Britannia and Caledonian would have flow from Gatwick and Manchester as well, Air UK from Stansted. Bordeaux wouldn't have been a winter charter destination.

For the summer period, I would have thought only BA would have served Toulouse and Bordeaux from Gatwick and possibly Heathrow