PDA

View Full Version : HOFO/Chief Pilot job at Airnorth

Maisk Rotum
25th Jun 2021, 10:00
Seek advertising for a new person. I wonder why the incumbent, who has only been there two years, is to be replaced? Too hot in Darwin?

compressor stall
25th Jun 2021, 10:54
Maybe looked at what was involved in deciphering Part 121 / 135 / 91 regulations and retired! 😂

ScepticalOptomist
25th Jun 2021, 21:03
Too hot in Darwin?

Too much responsibility, not enough pay?

Chronic Snoozer
25th Jun 2021, 23:01
Seek advertising for a new person. I wonder why the incumbent, who has only been there two years, is to be replaced? Too hot in Darwin?

Why don't you ring the Company, ask to speak to the individual and then find out the real reason? Posting on here is unlikely to provide an accurate picture, it just lets the dogs out.

Acebucket
26th Jun 2021, 05:31

Quite the opposite, promoted to COO. Which you would know if you worked there…

kitchen bench
26th Jun 2021, 12:11
Quite the opposite, promoted to COO.

A promotion - you sure? Is a COO a CASA accountable position? I think a HOFO is more important in the grand scheme of things.

morno
26th Jun 2021, 21:02
A promotion - you sure? Is a COO a CASA accountable position? I think a HOFO is more important in the grand scheme of things.

I’d call being in a position that’s accountable to CASA as being the demotion

Brakerider
26th Jun 2021, 23:25
Both are important positions and accountable to CASA.

witwiw
26th Jun 2021, 23:57
Both are important positions and accountable to CASA.

Err, I don’t think both are accountable positions. Key Personnel under CASR 119 are CEO, HOTAC, HOFO and Safety Manager.

Watchdog
29th Jun 2021, 08:35
[QUOTE=witwiw;11068940]Err, I don’t think both are accountable positions. Key Personnel under CASR 119 are CEO, HOTAC, HOFO and Safety Manager.[/QU

You are indeed correct👍

aviation_enthus
29th Jun 2021, 10:21
Err, I don’t think both are accountable positions. Key Personnel under CASR 119 are CEO, HOTAC, HOFO and Safety Manager.

A COO can be the “accountable person” in lieu of the CEO…

EDIT for clarity:
The COO can be the “accountable person” for the AOC in lieu of the CEO. (If I remember correctly)

I’ve worked in an airline where this was the case. Used when the CEO didn’t have any aviation experience (or perhaps that’s the structure Airnorth want!).

Car RAMROD
29th Jun 2021, 11:14
A COO can be the “accountable person” in lieu of the CEO…

I’ve worked in an airline where this was the case. Used when the CEO didn’t have any aviation experience (or perhaps that’s the structure Airnorth want!).

Yes, accountable person. Meaning the individual has the approval from CASA, not the position of COO and whomever fills it being accountable.

The COO position itself isn’t accountable to CASA.

industry insider
12th Jul 2021, 12:55
Perhaps they have had to change things around due to commencing E190 Ops last week. The first flights on the aircraft which included PER commenced last Thursday and TL has been conducting charters over the weekend. The aircraft is in 94 seat configuration.