PDA

View Full Version : Jabiru Crash 24 June 2021 South of Lismore NSW

mcoates
24th Jun 2021, 09:37
https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2021/06/24/lucky-escape-after-plane-crashes-south-of-lismore/

Cloudee
24th Jun 2021, 09:53
https://www.nbnnews.com.au/2021/06/24/lucky-escape-after-plane-crashes-south-of-lismore/

Not sure it qualifies as a crash. Prop looks intact, just a collapsed nose wheel. Perhaps an engine failure and forced landing in a paddock?

Ex FSO GRIFFO
24th Jun 2021, 13:09
I'm not even sure it qualifies as an 'aeroplane'.......

Paddocks are said to be "full of them".........

outnabout
25th Jun 2021, 00:04
Ex FSO Griffo, isn't there an old joke that says?

How do you get a Jabiru?
Buy a paddock. One will turn up, sooner or later.

Desert Flower
25th Jun 2021, 05:30
I'm not even sure it qualifies as an 'aeroplane'.......

Paddocks are said to be "full of them".........

A friend of mine would agree with you on the "I'm not even sure it qualifies as an "aeroplane" :D

DF.

aroa
25th Jun 2021, 22:41
How was the weather ? Might have been a precautionary landing, but the rough ground did in the nose wheel.
Aircarft not that badly damaged and pilot ok. Good outcome...for whatever reason.
Compare with Sunshine Coast C 152. Not good at all.

Don’t knock the Jabby. Very successful Aussie product over many decades. So there have been some probs..not insurmountable.
I read there are a series of modern cars that just self immolate ...all part of the progress of new techno?

Aussie Bob
26th Jun 2021, 00:12
Don’t knock the Jabby. Very successful Aussie product over many decades. So there have been some probs..not insurmountable.

Rod Swift is a visionary and a genius too. The Jabby is an Aussie icon and we should all be proud of it.
But heck, we’re Aussies here and knock it we will!

extralite
26th Jun 2021, 01:14
Not sure just because it is Australian made means it is unpatriotic not to be proud of it. Airframe seems good.. No doubt it isn't easy to build an aero engine from scratch and for that they should be applauded. But the engines have the reputation for a reason, just as normally reliable engines have their reputation.

Weather seemed good for flying where i live about 40kms from Lismore. Paddocks boggy. Nice forced landing.

Squawk7700
26th Jun 2021, 02:02
It was a first solo for the student. One hell of a first solo. It was not a weather related incident.

mcoates
26th Jun 2021, 23:33
Well done to the student, hopefully he quickly gets back on the horse and rides again !