PDA

View Full Version : Arriving into Australia as operating crew

pie_july
22nd Jun 2021, 06:19
I am a crew member who regularly arrives and departs Australia. When I arrive, I’m shuttled into a crew transport and driven to a hotel.

In my experience, I have not seen any drivers wearing gloves, masks, or even asked the crew to sanitise. In VIC, the drivers have QR code’s inside their vehicles and are diligent about crew ‘scanning in’

In NSW this hasn’t occurred. The transport operator that my company uses appears to have dropped the ball. They are by no means a ‘cheap’ company and we are shuttled around in late model European vehicles.

I haven’t been to QLD yet so can’t comment on what they are or are not doing.

Fortunately, my employer is very strict on the COVID protocols which we must follow in regards to masks and other PPE, including in these vehicles. Key point to note, these are green zone flights from New Zealand, so perhaps they are allowed to follow less strict precautions but it does seem they are leaning towards being quite ‘laxed’

My concern is with these operators, as NSW has now had two outbreaks due to crew transport operators. I would like to know what is being done to stop this occurring again. Surely some serious questions are being asked as to how this has occurred again…!

Fonz121
22nd Jun 2021, 16:10
If you’re on green bubble flights then what’s the problem?

pie_july
22nd Jun 2021, 19:54
If you’re on green bubble flights then what’s the problem?

The fact these drivers aren’t using any PPE at all with us especially given the Bondi outbreak. I understand this was a FX crew but I am concerned they may be transporting all flight crews, not just ‘green’

megle2
22nd Jun 2021, 20:06
Is the bus used for “green only“ flight crew

Capt Fathom
22nd Jun 2021, 20:58
This is the place for all your COVID queries. :confused:

pie_july
22nd Jun 2021, 21:06
. I would like to know what is being done to stop this occurring again

This is the place for all your COVID queries. :confused:

I think many people would like to know, including crew. Seeing as this outbreak relates to the aviation industry would be interesting to know how this slipped out again and are ‘green’ crew sharing the same transport.

Keg
22nd Jun 2021, 21:22
I asked my driver a few weeks about checking into the individual vehicle and he said their ‘system’ has a record of our pick up and drop off times that they can supply to the contact tracing team so a QR check in is not required. The information is recorded by car so if there was a concern about a particular driver or vehicle the information is readily available. My driver has been wearing a mask when required to do so. Masks haven’t been required for green flights all the time. They are at the moment though.

morno
23rd Jun 2021, 00:51
Why don’t you just ask the operator?

Are you from A Current Affair looking for a story?

morno
23rd Jun 2021, 01:30
often the operators have a different view to the actual people on the ground. A current affair :D good one

So you come to pprune looking for information, good one :D:rolleyes:

rjtjrt
23rd Jun 2021, 10:18
I asked my driver a few weeks about checking into the individual vehicle and he said their ‘system’ has a record of our pick up and drop off times that they can supply to the contact tracing team so a QR check in is not required. The information is recorded by car so if there was a concern about a particular driver or vehicle the information is readily available. My driver has been wearing a mask when required to do so. Masks haven’t been required for green flights all the time. They are at the moment though.

There is a reason for not having a separate system instead of the QR system.
If the QR code system is used universally, it speeds up the contact tracers job, and in contact tracing speed is of the essence.
This is especially so when daily numbers of new infections start to accelerate, as it gets increasingly hard time wise for contact tracers to get ahead of the outbreak to ring fence it.